What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED lights......or no?  (Read 22775 times)

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
LED lights......or no?
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:02:54 pm »
Just got back from plopping our $$ down for an Artesian Piper Glen!!!!  We are SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!  Can't wait for delivery!  

Question about lights......what's the feeling on going with the LED lights?  Worth the extra $ or no?  My hubby is color blind, so it probably is not going to make much of a difference to him.  Wasn't really sure about it all.  Was surprised at the almost $200 price tag on it.  

Opinions please?!

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

LED lights......or no?
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:02:54 pm »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: LED lights......or no?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 10:36:55 pm »
My Marquis Reward included LEDs but frankly I wouldn't miss them if they were not there. My wife and I normally don't bother turning them on.  
I wouldn't pay an extra $200 for them but that's me.
On the other hand, my 12 year old daughter and her friends always have them on.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:11:58 pm »
We love our lights.  Our Optima has the waterfall, which is also lit up.  I find the running colored water to be very relaxing. Sort of like staring at a fire.

ap

Monk

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 11:39:59 pm »
$200 for LED lights? Check eBay, you can buy them all day long for $39.

Monk

mark_in_calif

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:52:02 pm »
We love our Artesian Dove Canyon that we purchased last year but did not get the led lights. In fact like Phil, we never use the light anyway. We like sitting in the tub relaxing just looking at the stars.  I think you'll find you can do without them.

mark

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:58:53 pm »
We got lights standard on our tub and so far like the ambience and mood they bring out with the waterfall and sides.  Whether it's worth the cash will be up to you.  You'll be happy either way in hot water.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 07:59:25 am »
I have to honestly say we all love the lights in our Epic. Our waterfall light was out for a while and my husband was so happy that I called to get it fixed...We are in an area with no lights, no street lights, no other distracting lights, so the lights in the tub look even more awsome.
I know without hesitation, my hubby would say Yes, $200 for the lights. But maybe you would think of other things you might like better for $200.00  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 08:24:49 am »
In my opinion the LED lights are amazing.  They are not super bright, but when the jets are going and the lights are on, it just changes the feel of the soak.  I find it more soothing and relaxing.  I would go with them.

In the grand sceme of things, is 200 really not worth having them.  You are about to shell out around 10k for a luxury item, 200 is really a small coin in the bucket in the grand sceme of things.

Get them, for 200 even if you dont use them, it was only 200.  If 200 is too much, perhaps rethink buying a tub.  I would hate to see your posts when you start buying chemicals, accessories, and looking at your hydro.

Bottom line    

LUXURY COSTS  

thats why they are luxuries

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 08:35:45 am »
At the risk of sounding like a cheap a$$ idiot....

I put a set of LED lights in my Jacuzzi, I like it a lot better than using the white light with lame lens covers. It has over a dozen different types of color rotations and looks nice.

I saved a buck, plugged it in myself, didn't change jumpers or make program changes, works like a charm.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 08:39:29 am »
If you like them, and are in your budget, then I say go for it.

I don't have the LED lights on my tub. Just an underwater blue dome light that dims and a light under the water fall (which I like).

I think the LED option is one of persnal taste. Personaly, I'm not a big fan of the LED light packages, to me they can make the tub look like a spaceship landing at night.
;).  I prefer a soft, natural light and use copper tourches around my tub.

Does anyone have pics of the PG at night lit up?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 09:18:17 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 09:16:22 am »
I have the underwater LED
light and I enjoy it very much.

I don't have the LED waterfall
light and I wish I did.

newdivision

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 09:28:53 am »
Stemay

I have been looking very hard at the Piper glenn myself, and I really like the led lights. I find the blue color very relaxing. I do think that your choice would greatly depend on the color of your shell. I am interested in the pearl white shell and the lights make a very big impact. If your getting a darker colored shell I am not sure how much effect the lights would have. I have not seen the lights except for the white shell.

I would love to know what you paid and what came with the deal and what other tubs you were interested in and what made you go with the Piper Glenn.

Thanks

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 10:13:07 am »
After reading some of the posts, it does seem rather silly not to go for the lights after spending this much $.  I think we will have lights!  Hubby is color blind, so won't appreciate them as much as I will.....it depends on what colors they look like to him.  We will enjoy the spa for years to come....the money is nothing when you think about it over the long term.  

Got the moonscape, so it's light in color.  We will be able to see the lights.  

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 10:16:01 am »
Congrats on the new tub.  

We have the LED lights in our Artesian spa and I really like it.  We're in the process of adding some landscaping lights and such and may eventually not use the tub lights, but until then we use the LED lights.

We negotiated the LED light and they threw it in for no added cost (got the cover lifter and steps too for no added cost).   I'm with LtDan...I don't think they are that hard to install yourself if you do choose to buy them elswhere.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Monk

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 11:30:13 am »
You have to love a website that caters to the cheap a**.  A dealer offers a product for $200 but some idiot thinks he can save a buck and put it in himself.  The cheap a** has no clue if it is a 6 pin a 12 pin or a 36 pin led light.  The cheap a** also thinks he can just plug it in and it should work.  To bad you have to change jumpers and reprogram the settings to make it work.  
DON'T BE A CHEAP A**!!!
If you want the lights, go for it. But pay the dealer, not some idiot on e-bay

Huh?

There is a huge difference between being a cheap a** and a dumb a**.

In a buyers world, you need to know what you are buying. A little homework and you save some money.

My dealer says he buys all his LED lights from eBay because he can get them much cheaper there than from the factory.

My cheap a** paid $39 for the 24 light LED. It took me 2 minutes to UNPLUG the old light and PLUG in the new light. No tools, no jumpers, no masters degree, not even a PhD! No, this dumb a** saved over $150 just being a retired Marine vet.

Saving money is the American way.

Monk

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 11:30:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42