What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED lights......or no?  (Read 22774 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: LED lights......or no?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 10:36:15 am »
Monk, do what you want with your spa and don't give a damn bit of worry about what the naysayers squawk about.  If you want a pretty light in your spa, do it.

Thank you for your service and I'm truly sorry for your loss. <Salute>  It's folks like you that make this country great!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 10:36:15 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 10:41:10 am »
What's the HTML code to rename the link? I'd like to fix it so rather than a 10 foot long address in the url brackets, i have a link that says "Click here for the light"

?
07 Caldera Geneva

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 10:50:50 am »
What's the HTML code to rename the link? I'd like to fix it so rather than a 10 foot long address in the url brackets, i have a link that says "Click here for the light"

?

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4461190840&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.com%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D4461190840%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1]Click here for the light[/link]

For future reference, it's xlink=http://mysite.com]Click here to view[/linkx  with opening and closing brackets where the x's are.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 10:53:03 am by mattNY »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 10:55:04 am »
Many thanks to the man from NY.

Too bad the Sox are gonna whip your butt in the bronx.

8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of &nbsp;an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 11:39:45 am »
My Artesian Island came with the Gecko CoolRays CLS1 LED light.

10 LED was $50
24 LED was $125
DynaBrite was $500 (not sure what DynaBrite is)

I like the LED lights.  I'm not positive as to which one I got, but it was one of those "freebie" upgrades that I negotiated with my dealer.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 12:19:23 pm »
Is it possible/practical to
add an LED Waterfall after the fact?

I have a waterfall, but it isn't lighted.

I have the LED underwater light and love it,
now I wished I had ordered the pkge
with the LED Waterfall light.

(Cal Spa SQ92)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:20:24 pm by Zep »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 12:42:57 pm »
At the risk of sounding like a cheap a$$ idiot....

I put a set of LED lights in my Jacuzzi, I like it a lot better than using the white light with lame lens covers. It has over a dozen different types of color rotations and looks nice.

I saved a buck, plugged it in myself, didn't change jumpers or make program changes, works like a charm.

Ah HA!!!!  CHEAP A**...CHEAP A**!!!!   ;)
Better than I deserve...

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 12:50:28 pm »
We have decided to go with the lights....and have them installed by the dealer.  We do not want to take a chance and void the warranty!

I didn't stop to think how color can definitely affect the mood.  It can help to sooth and relax.  

I think we would have been fine either way.....but I think we're going for it anyway!

Congratulations on the new tub!  If you think you'll love it now, just wait until you have it installed  ;)

And if color relates to moods, then the color of this thread should be RED!    >:(

Better than I deserve...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 12:52:18 pm »
We have decided to go with the lights....and have them installed by the dealer.  We do not want to take a chance and void the warranty!

I didn't stop to think how color can definitely affect the mood.  It can help to sooth and relax.  

I think we would have been fine either way.....but I think we're going for it anyway!

Congratulations on the new tub!  If you think you'll love it now, just wait until you have it installed  ;)

And if color relates to moods, then the color of this thread should be RED!    >:(

I was thinkning squishy brown, but red works too.
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006, 01:02:36 pm »
Hey Drew, I love the lights in my spa, do you have them in your pool also?  I want them...Not sure how to go about that but I want them... :D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

IBinit4fun

• I love this tub,... ...puts a big smile on my face
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 01:48:45 pm »
Been lurkin'n for years, but can't keep quiet no longer. Mud slingin' and name callin'! Must be an election goin' on around here. I vote for Monk. He has maintained a clean campaign. I thank Monk for giving me the right to say I hope Micah doesn't sell in my part of the country. He came out of the gate cursin' Monk like a sailor. An unprovoked attack, as far as I can tell. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired and I can't imagine getting challenged by my dealer on such trivial matters. That dealer does not want repeat business. By the way, we just put on 3-D glasses and tilt our heads back & forth. No problem with warranty and it's really cheap. Everybody's happy. Seriously, my dealer put in the LED with all kinds of effects for $100, but we hardly ever use it. I'd check my warranty and with my dealer first and pass on the light if there was a problem, but I'd be real ticked that I bought that tub from that dealer if I found out that they were raking me over the coals like that. Unless, of course, they could come up with some real explanation of reason for concern about a third party light. But after all, I can buy the same light they do and I can certainly plug it in. Since they tell you how to replace the bulb in the instruction booklet, I assume they have no problem with you actually doing the replacement.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 01:53:02 pm »
Hey Drew, I love the lights in my spa, do you have them in your pool also?  I want them...Not sure how to go about that but I want them... :D

Bonnie,  my pool is in boxes under my deck.  :P  it's scheduled to be put up the first week of june, but I'm hopping sooner.

I didn't have a light on my old pool,  but I have the dealer installing an Auqalumitaor light for my new one. :)  I am looking forward to being up on my deck overlooking my pool and hot tub and having them both lit up.

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/03500015000343.htm

07 Caldera Geneva

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2006, 02:14:43 pm »

Ah HA!!!!  CHEAP A**...CHEAP A**!!!!   ;)

Careful now, Cleveland ain't that far away.....
;D

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2006, 08:47:07 pm »
You have to love a website that caters to the cheap a**.  A dealer offers a product for $200 but some idiot thinks he can save a buck and put it in himself.  The cheap a** has no clue if it is a 6 pin a 12 pin or a 36 pin led light.  The cheap a** also thinks he can just plug it in and it should work.  To bad you have to change jumpers and reprogram the settings to make it work.  
DON'T BE A CHEAP A**!!!
If you want the lights, go for it. But pay the dealer, not some idiot on e-bay

Sure came across as personal. Still don't see what the big deal over an aftermarket light bulb, from you (the dealer) or ebay is. I've bought chemicals off ebay, the tub didn't know the difference, warranty is still intact.

For the LED bulb to come installed on the tub when delivered, my dealer wanted significantly more than I paid for one I put in myself in just a few minutes.

Coming into the thread at this point trying to say you were alluding to customers comparing 10k spas to 2k spas doesn't quite cover your initial post, it was ignorant.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 09:43:08 pm »
Just got back from plopping our $$ down for an Artesian Piper Glen!!!!  We are SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!  Can't wait for delivery!  

Question about lights......what's the feeling on going with the LED lights?  Worth the extra $ or no?  My hubby is color blind, so it probably is not going to make much of a difference to him.  Wasn't really sure about it all.  Was surprised at the almost $200 price tag on it.  

Opinions please?! Thanks

Getting back on topic. Congratulations on the Piper Glen. I've had mine for about 6 months now and love it. I did not go for the lights. I seem to remember the led package being more then $200.00, but would most likely not have gone for it either way. It's deffinetly a personal thing. If you think you will use it and enjoy it then go for it. For me it would have been like PiP on the TV. I'd of tried it once or twice and then forgotten it was there. Personally I get more enjoyment from my rubber duck :o

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 09:43:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42