What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED lights......or no?  (Read 22776 times)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: LED lights......or no?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2006, 01:58:51 am »
LED lights are great.  Particulary in light colored tubs.
You may want to consider an aftermaket light which are generally less money.
Regards, Zz

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2006, 01:58:51 am »

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2006, 08:14:32 am »
i need to weigh in on this.  when i was looking at the piper those darn lights were over a 1000.00 dollar option as was the stereo.  The dealer (litehouse) would only come down to 11800 without the stereo.  I offered him 10800 without the stereo he said no.  I walked out never to enter that store again.  As you know i purchased The XL 1100 Gulf Coast 5395.00 before tax.  delivery was 150.00, electrician 285.00.     No one should be labeled a cheap a**  especially by a dealer some of whom want nothing but to rake you over on the price of everything.  I have asked this question before how many artesian dealers would accept 10800 for a 2005 pipe glen w/out the stereo??  No one will give me an answer.    No the cheap a** is the dealer.  Not all dealers are the same.   But none of them will answer my question.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2006, 08:48:23 am »
I have a queston...Why is Monk listed as a guest? His little monkey is gone and he is listed as a guest. I feel bad that he may have left over this post.  >:(This forum was so helpful in so many ways to me and many others.
He just got a tub and probably could use the support of the wonderful dealers and great folks on here who lend support for water issues and EVERYTHING else!  
Monk, if you are still reading this, please come back. Everyone is a valued contributer and you have already experienced some of the worst the world has to offer...don't let a few thoughtless comments scare you off! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2006, 10:57:19 am »
It stands for the people who stand for the United States of America in places most people have never stood! ;)

Do you know what VFW even stands for?

Monk

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2006, 11:01:48 am »
I'm going to say NO. That would probably require modification of the shell. Drilling holes in it. Which would most certainly void your structural warranty. That said, you bought it, it's your spa, do what ever you want to it. It's yours!

Is it possible/practical to
add an LED Waterfall after the fact?

I have a waterfall, but it isn't lighted.

I have the LED underwater light and love it,
now I wished I had ordered the pkge
with the LED Waterfall light.

(Cal Spa SQ92)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2006, 11:24:52 am »
I would suggest getting a different manufacturer. In my meger 15 years selling Jacuzzi brand hot tubs, weather a US Industries, Sundance or Jacuzzi, I have never seen them deny a warranty claim based on poor water chemistry or because of the addition of an ozone unit that is or was not "Jacuzzi approved."

If I say that what you are recomending will void a warranty, it's because i've seen it happen.  

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 11:25:35 am by Wisoki »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2006, 11:52:15 am »
re:I'm going to say NO. That would probably require modification of the shell. Drilling holes in it. Which would most certainly void your structural warranty. That said, you bought it, it's your spa, do what ever you want to it. It's yours

Wisoki....thanks for the advice.

I would not be doing anything like that myself.

Hell I have trouble figuring out how to change
my own oil, much less work on a hot tub.

When you say "no"...Does that mean you are
saying it is something a dealer would not even
normally do?

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2006, 12:51:47 pm »
Afirmative, weather a dealer or an end user, modification of the shell in any way WILL void the structural and probably surface warranties.

re:I'm going to say NO. That would probably require modification of the shell. Drilling holes in it. Which would most certainly void your structural warranty. That said, you bought it, it's your spa, do what ever you want to it. It's yours

Wisoki....thanks for the advice.

I would not be doing anything like that myself.

Hell I have trouble figuring out how to change
my own oil, much less work on a hot tub.

When you say "no"...Does that mean you are
saying it is something a dealer would not even
normally do?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:52:31 pm by Wisoki »

J._McD

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2006, 03:19:48 pm »
I have a queston...Why is Monk listed as a guest? His little monkey is gone and he is listed as a guest. I feel bad that he may have left over this post.  >:(This forum was so helpful in so many ways to me and many others.
He just got a tub and probably could use the support of the wonderful dealers and great folks on here who lend support for water issues and EVERYTHING else!  
Monk, if you are still reading this, please come back. Everyone is a valued contributer and you have already experienced some of the worst the world has to offer...don't let a few thoughtless comments scare you off! ;)

Bonnibelle is right Monk, It takes all kinds to make this world what it is, and that is why you and I are here.  Just because people say what they think, is no reason to get bent out of shape, or take it as a personal attack one way or the other.  Like Steve says, "putting on armor" sometimes helps.

We all say what we think and it is almost certain somone will have a differing point of view.  That does not mean they are right or even wrong, but it is their point of view.  Some may not have all the information necessary to make a well informed statement.  When they voice their opinion, and it is just that, they may think differently when they become better informed or understand the facts, or else they will still think they are right.

On the surface, it is not the cost of a single light, which could be $30 for the fewest LED's, but the number of LED's and what is involved to install or support "the system" electronically, that could certainly have an influence on pricing.

When it come down to it, we are all ignorant about something.  Yet we are at liberty to voice our opinion about it.  As for this subject, we have seen $ signs ranging from $30 to $1,000, and excuse me IF I do say for a fact, there most certainly are some differences and they have been discussed.

Stick around, we all have bad days. ;D

Zep

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2006, 04:16:53 pm »
re: Afirmative, weather a dealer or an end user, modification of the shell in any way WILL void the structural and probably surface warranties

Wisoki.....Hey thanks I won't touch it.

But I wish I had ordered that option.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2006, 06:15:56 pm »
Well, hold on now! Do you already have a waterfall?

re: Afirmative, weather a dealer or an end user, modification of the shell in any way WILL void the structural and probably surface warranties

Wisoki.....Hey thanks I won't touch it.

But I wish I had ordered that option.

Zep

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2006, 06:40:19 pm »
re: Well, hold on now! Do you already have a waterfall?

Wisoki...yes I have a waterfall

I also have an LED underwater light.

But my waterfall is not lighted.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 07:17:49 pm by Zep »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2006, 08:33:45 am »
OK< that's a horse of a different color. I'm pretty sure you could purchase one of those "pre lit" waterfall fixtures, and swap out the un lit one. It all depends upon the original instalation. To be sure, I would have a chat with the dealer.

re: Well, hold on now! Do you already have a waterfall?

Wisoki...yes I have a waterfall

I also have an LED underwater light.

But my waterfall is not lighted.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2006, 08:33:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42