What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub  (Read 22787 times)

swilly1000

Re: First hot tub
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2019, 05:55:06 am »
Point taken however how many end users do you find posting bad reviews about Master?  The only end user reviews I see about the company are glowing.  It's only the dealers that post negatively.  If they were screwing the end users you would see that in the reviews.

Sorry to sound so harsh about not caring how they treat their dealers.  I just don't agree that treating dealers badly equates to treating end users badly.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2019, 05:55:06 am »

swilly1000

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2019, 06:04:58 am »
Hey swilly just curious as what the master spa has done to your hydro bill this winter. I am using a hot springs flash on avg. 6 times a week our hydro bill has not really been affected at all. So just curious what the master spa has done to your hydro bill. I am extremely pleased with the flash as far as energy efficiency goes as our hydro bill has not been negatively effected. Pretty much pleased with all facets of the flash it is a great product. For reference I am located just south of toronto so pretty cold days here as well.

Tub has been in service for six months now and will report back soon on hydro bill increase over last year.  I live in Toronto on the Scarborough Bluffs.  I'm expecting about $40/mth which doesn't bother me in the least.

I like massage therapy and will gladly pay that amount. Tub available 24/7 for $500ish/year, or the cost of five massages/year from a RMT.

I didn't buy the tub to save money. I will happily pay for performance.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 06:06:41 am by swilly1000 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2019, 07:47:05 am »

Tub has been in service for six months now and will report back soon on hydro bill increase over last year.  I live in Toronto on the Scarborough Bluffs.  I'm expecting about $40/mth which doesn't bother me in the least.

I like massage therapy and will gladly pay that amount. Tub available 24/7 for $500ish/year, or the cost of five massages/year from a RMT.

You will need to hook up a meter direct to your tub. Estimating based on last year means absolutely nothing.
Retired

castletonia

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2019, 09:16:45 am »
[/quote]

I really like your statement.  You bought a hot tub for a reason and understand that there is a cost associated with using it. 

In regards to deceitful tactics and whatnot, my take is this; If a company is deceitful in one aspect of their business practice, how can they be trusted in any other aspect?  Reputations are earned.  Master Spas does not have their reputation because they are the biggest, because they are not.  Their past actions resulted in this opinion.  The same can be said about Cal Spas. 

This forum probably amounts to less than 0.000000000000001% of the industry.  I believe most people will never publicly voice their displeasure or satisfaction about a product or company which is why you don't always hear about the bad stuff.  At the end of the day, I think Master builds a decent product.  My two issues are that I will never trust them based on past actions and that they try to position themselves as a premium, top tier product, which they are not, but to each their own.

At the end of the day, I want to represent the best company and product I can and I believe all the other dealers/service techs on this site would agree.  I've personally seen the bad at my previous job (Cal Spas), I've seen the good at my current job (Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis), I couldn't go back. 

Swilly1000, I'm glad you really like your Master Spa and hope you stick around here a long time to continue to share your experience. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:43:08 am by castletonia »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2019, 09:28:07 am »
 Cal spa's were a nightmare for us.   They were one of the worst companies I ever dealt with. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2019, 03:15:49 pm »
Cal spa's were a nightmare for us.   They were one of the worst companies I ever dealt with.

The second most powerful tub I owned was a Cal spa. Took the double pump out and plumbed in a couple used in stock 56 frame 4 HP pumps, awesome.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2019, 10:23:52 pm »

A friend of mine brought Cal into his store. I stopped by about 2 months after when he showed me his floor models and raved that they fit well in his plan "great price points and specs, look at this and this ... it's a great option on the floor as a 2nd brand". I then innocently asked "how have the deliveries gone so far" and without blinking or he said "so far every one has leak after install but I need it for people who buy based on bling and price points, I'm living with it". That lasted less than a year.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2019, 05:29:21 pm »

Point taken however how many end users do you find posting bad reviews about Master?  The only end user reviews I see about the company are glowing.

You didn't look very hard then.  On this very site there are quite few user reviews under the review section that are 1 star.  Their BBB page has more complaints than the manufacturers commonly recommended on here.  They do have a lot of good reviews on consumer affairs which has the first 3 google results when you search, but dig a little deeper and consumer affairs is not a trusted review site.  It's a paid reputation management service. 

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/consumer-affairs-com/

Funny that the 2 brands most commonly referred to as being shady on here (cal spas and master) have great consumer affairs reviews.  Turns out, they pay a lot of money to hide from their reputation. 

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but they really aren't as good all around as many other brands and they most definitely are not as well insulated or efficient as the top tier brands.  Their water treatment system is just not as good as other options.  Their cabinets are cheap and flimsy.  And as we've beaten into the ground they are shady.  There are much worse options out there but, having sold them in the past I am confident in my opinion that they just don't stack up to most of the other manufacturers I have worked with in numerous ways.

swilly1000

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2019, 10:06:29 pm »

Point taken however how many end users do you find posting bad reviews about Master?  The only end user reviews I see about the company are glowing.

You didn't look very hard then.  On this very site there are quite few user reviews under the review section that are 1 star.  Their BBB page has more complaints than the manufacturers commonly recommended on here.  They do have a lot of good reviews on consumer affairs which has the first 3 google results when you search, but dig a little deeper and consumer affairs is not a trusted review site.  It's a paid reputation management service. 

Funny that the 2 brands most commonly referred to as being shady on here (cal spas and master) have great consumer affairs reviews.  Turns out, they pay a lot of money to hide from their reputation. 

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but they really aren't as good all around as many other brands and they most definitely are not as well insulated or efficient as the top tier brands.  Their water treatment system is just not as good as other options.  Their cabinets are cheap and flimsy.  And as we've beaten into the ground they are shady.  There are much worse options out there but, having sold them in the past I am confident in my opinion that they just don't stack up to most of the other manufacturers I have worked with in numerous ways.

The reviews on this board are all at least 6 years old and there aren't 12 of them I think.  Plus which they are split between awesome and s**t.  Take that with a grain of salt.

Other links please.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:11:04 pm by swilly1000 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2019, 10:40:21 am »

The reviews on this board are all at least 6 years old and there aren't 12 of them I think.  Plus which they are split between awesome and s**t.  Take that with a grain of salt.

Other links please.

They certainly should be taken with a grain of salt, same as your own, each is a sample of 1. One idea is to ignore the maybe the most flattering and least flattering and then draw somewhat of a feeling from what's left.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2019, 10:40:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42