What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub  (Read 22783 times)

Ralith

Re: First hot tub
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2019, 09:04:38 pm »
We're going up to Indy (hour away) to closest dealer on Sunday. Looking at Margarita Elite or Bimini probably. It seems they have a lot of different water treatment systems so time to do some research.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2019, 09:04:38 pm »

Sam

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 03:39:56 pm »
The Isla Margarita is a great spa.  I would definitely be happy to put one in my own yard.  The layout is pretty cool imo.  As for their numerous water treatment options, I strongly recommend the ProPure ozone with inline @ease.  It's not their most expensive option, but I find it to be the best.  In fact, it's my personal favorite water management system I have ever tried and I've tried quite a few over the years.

Ralith

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 09:18:00 pm »
Ok, so wife really liked the Island Margarita Elite, loved foot blaster and step to get into it (she'd admit she's a bit of a clutz). I think we'd be pretty happy with this one.

So family leisure of Indy quoted us today for Island Margarita Elite in glacier.
$11,100 plus tax with cover, lifter, steps, chemicals, @ease inline, ozone, diamond AOP UVC sanitation, pillowfall and tranquilityfall, durabright LED lights, foot blasters and delivery.

I was reading on the UVC and seems to be nice. He quoted me $450 for the kit on the tub and then $90/bulb/year for maintenance.

The rep didn't know what the Crysral ProPure ozone mixing chamber was, but was gonna check into it.

Sam

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 02:26:14 pm »
That's a good price.  That's sort of a red flag to me that the rep didn't know what propure is.  I personally find it to perform the best and it's less expensive with no bulb to replace.  The ozone generator itself will last 2-5 years.  You used to be able to just replace the chip for $60 or something but I'm not sure if that's true for the new ozone unit.  On paper, the UV does indeed look like the better option but propure combined with @ease has been the best performing system I've ever used.  Your mileage may vary.

Ralith

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 02:51:22 pm »
So there's a Master spa factory in Indy that we got in touch with and going to go see a couple tubs there. Mainly looking at Twilight 8.2 @9-10k and Legend 900 @ 12-13k, so wells see how we like them. Our local MS dealer doesn't sell legend or have twight even on floor.

swilly1000

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2019, 05:50:05 am »
There's not "a" MS factory in Fort Wayne "the" factory is there. You may be able to get a deal there more so than through a dealer.  That's really weird that your local dealer doesn't offer TS or Legend. Those are the top two lines Masters makes.

I'm going to be very interested in your thoughts on the 8.2 vs the others you've tested performance wise on the jets. I hope you wet test the 8.2. I have the 8.25.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2019, 10:25:32 am »
There's not "a" MS factory in Fort Wayne "the" factory is there. You may be able to get a deal there more so than through a dealer.  That's really weird that your local dealer doesn't offer TS or Legend. Those are the top two lines Masters makes.

I'm going to be very interested in your thoughts on the 8.2 vs the others you've tested performance wise on the jets. I hope you wet test the 8.2. I have the 8.25.

To me its scary to make a deal with the factory if a delaer isn't directly involved. Master does not have a reputation for putting customers first or for their sales tactics so you really need a go between dealer to be there for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

swilly1000

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2019, 03:21:59 pm »
My impression is that their sales tactics are objectionable to the dealers not the customer.  It's the local dealers they are screwing with their tent sales not the end user.

But you guys have been here a lot longer than me so...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:30:14 am by swilly1000 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2019, 06:12:55 pm »
My impression is that their sales tactics are objectionable to the dealers not the customer.  It's the local dealers they are screwing withe their tent sales not the end user.

But you guys have been here a lot longer than me so...

You're welcome to your impression (sample of 1) but I personally would never trust any company that would be willing to alienate their dealer network and if they're willing to do that why would they be expected to worry about (let alone go the extra mile) for a singular customer.

Ralith

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2019, 10:46:52 pm »

I knew about the Fort Wayne facility, but I guess I misread that there was another factory around Indy. Fort Wayne is a 3 hour drive, so gonna be tough to do that on a weekday, unless we can get a Sunday time and Google maps shows closed on Sundays.

Local will purchase a twilight, no floor models and won't even sell LSX.

I'm still on fence if MS jets will be better. Most tubs I've tested we don't like the jets turned up all the way anyways so marking them stronger is moot point for us. Is that some we will get used to and want stronger jets later?

Not going to rush 10-12k purchase, so we'll see if we can find time for showing/wet test and go from there, but I think we'd be plenty happy with the Artesian Island Margarita Elite if we don't end up going.

swilly1000

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2019, 09:49:59 am »
You're welcome to your impression (sample of 1) but I personally would never trust any company that would be willing to alienate their dealer network and if they're willing to do that why would they be expected to worry about (let alone go the extra mile) for a singular customer.

For the umpteenth time I personally don't give a s**t about how they treat their dealers.  I care about getting a well built high performance product which, contrary to the (sample of too many of the non-Master dealers on this forum) opinions of many, I have.

There really ought to be a dealers vs end users section on this board.  The newbie consumer who wants good advice about which brand to go with has to sift through the bad feelings of the dealers here to root out what really matters to him/her.  Too bad for end user guy.

Ralith, take the negative reviews of Master with a huge grain of salt.  Most of them stem from stuff you won't care about.  Again, I hope you give Master a try, if only to hear how you think they compare to the rest.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:47:21 am by swilly1000 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2019, 11:16:56 am »
There really ought to be a dealers vs end users section on this board.  The newbie consumer who wants good advice about which brand to go with has to sift through the bad feelings of the dealers here to root out what really matters to him/her.  Too bad for end user guy.

The problem with customer reviews is that a honeymoon review is different from a first, second, third year, and so on review. People may be steered to a particular brand because you (any new owner) said it was fabulous. Then a few years go by and it turns to junk. How good was the review?

Long time dealers and service techs ARE the guys to ask.

Master Spa is big in the MPLS/ST Paul area. A ton get sold around there. There are piles of techs, customers and dealers with a pile of experience with MS. I have worked on a ton of them. I am affiliated with no dealer. But my opinion is still nothing more than an opinion, based on my experience.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 11:56:18 am »

For the umpteenth time I personally don't give a s**t about how they treat their dealers.  I care about getting a well built high performance product which, contrary to the (sample of too many of the non-Master dealers on this forum) opinions of many, I have.

Ralith, take the negative reviews of Master with a huge grain of salt.  Most of them stem from stuff you won't care about.  Again, I hope you give Master a try, if only to hear how you think they compare to the rest.

IMO it is naive to think a manufacturer that has a reputation for not fully valuing its dealer base will fully value individual spa owners.

I think future customers should view your take with a huge grain of salt as well since its a sample of 1 stemming from a short ownership period (though I hope your long term experience goes well of course)!

Ralith

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2019, 10:29:00 pm »
So probably not going to get to wet test any MS, 3-4 hour trip is a bit much.

Working on final details for the Artesian Island Margarita Elite, they're gonna throw in some @ease chemicals.

Also, they offer an extended warranty. From 5 of base to 10 years on parts, labor and electrical for $500. I need to see exact details, but $500 seems like about as much as 1 decently expensive tech visit so maybe worth it...although I'm always skeptical of extended warranty because they have to make money for company... maybe they don't expect me to keep tub past 5 years...

d00nut

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2019, 12:30:02 am »

Just saying, factories like Master, are corporate.  They care about sales, and only sales, and future sales. 

Dealers are all privately owned small business.  Of course we are in it for a living and to make money... but all of us are generally heavily involved in local communities where we do care about our customer (and our community's) long term success.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion!  However, I think it is at least worth pointing that a lot of dealers care far more about your good experience than any factory would.  With that said, since dealers are the only ones (and independent service techs) who actually interact with the customer... their opinion is at least a little valid, despite you not giving a $*&$ about us.

I live by the simple rule... lying is bad.  Master's sales tactics are flat out deceitful.  I for one won't ever represent someone that lies or intentionally deceives someone for their own gain.  Just like I would never hire a sales person that lies to try and make a sale.  Speak the truth... if the customer chooses us, great, if not, we will get our share and life goes on.

Someday... it will come back to bite them...

Personally, I hope they just stop, because they build a decent enough product.  If they put more of their effort into service support/quality control instead of paying out high commissions on crazy advertisement campaigns, they could be a top tier manufacturer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2019, 12:30:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42