What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub  (Read 22783 times)

Ralith

First hot tub
« on: March 16, 2019, 01:40:56 pm »
Just finishing building our deck and looking at hot tubs. Just my wife and young son so far, but planning to have friends/ family over to use it as well. We're both big people, 6' for me, 5'7" wife so definitely want 36-38 depth. We have a Hot Springs, Marquis and jacuzzi local dealers. Been looking into dealers and so far the HS one seems best.

Gonna be wet testing HS Limelight prism and Highlife grandee Monday. Need to talk with marquis dealer more to get prices. Thinking about the Pulse or Prism (unfortunately no pulse available for wet testing). Dealer gave me a price of $11,600 plus $350 for ACE salt system for Pulse so far. I know HS is offering the 0% APR for 60 months next couple weeks... wasn't sure I'd that's a good deal or not.

Any recommendations or input welcome!

Hot Tub Forum

First hot tub
« on: March 16, 2019, 01:40:56 pm »

Ralith

Re: First hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 04:47:18 pm »
Just found we have a Master Spa seller. They don't say what brand they sell online, but when I went to Master Spa's website it has them selling, so I'll have to check into them.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:45:04 pm »
Good price on the Pulse.  I’m at $12,499 + $399 for Freshwater Salt.  Having sat in both the Prism and Pulse, I prefer the Pulse, but YMMV.  Marquis and Jacuzzi are both quality brands ( I also sell Marquis).  I would be less concerned with the depth of the hot tub, it can be irrelevant to how deep you sit.  Had a customer in store today who was 6’7” and he fit better in the Aria which is 36” deep versus the Envoy which is 38”.

I would personally pass on Master Spa.  IMHO they make an average quality product and their reputation is average at best.  You already have 3 premium options available and I think you would be better served with any of those vs a Master Spa.

Ralith

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 08:54:41 pm »
Thanks! I think we'd like the Prism's size, but price is a bit much since it would usually be 2-4. What's tough prince for prism? I think he said $15-16k for it. We will know more Monday!

Good price on the Pulse.  I’m at $12,499 + $399 for Freshwater Salt.  Having sat in both the Prism and Pulse, I prefer the Pulse, but YMMV.  Marquis and Jacuzzi are both quality brands ( I also sell Marquis).  I would be less concerned with the depth of the hot tub, it can be irrelevant to how deep you sit.  Had a customer in store today who was 6’7” and he fit better in the Aria which is 36” deep versus the Envoy which is 38”.

I would personally pass on Master Spa.  IMHO they make an average quality product and their reputation is average at best.  You already have 3 premium options available and I think you would be better served with any of those vs a Master Spa.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 09:52:06 pm »
If the Prism is a 2019, I would expect $15k-$16k.  I’m priced at $15,999 without salt.  If it was a 2018 model, maybe as low at $13.5k-$14k.

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 12:11:56 pm »
I’m not an expert on Tubs but the three you mentioned I feel are all top tier products. We have had a Caldera Tub made by Watkins who also makes Hot Springs for the last 5 years and love it.

Keep in mind the tub and water is about 6000 pounds and then add in the people and furniture on the deck plus the weight of the deck itself. also a tub is about 800 pounds empty and it has to be moved from the road and onto your deck. Plan your tubs location and orientation on the deck when you are testing them and looking at them. What direction the cover lifter will be opening and how much room that takes away from the deck space when open. Then you want the equipment area to have access to get in and work on it if needed. Then plan where your steps will be and what surface you will step down on when getting in and out. We have a higher cool down seat and it is flat and perfect to step on, plus it is the seat not commonly used so you don’t have to all move for someone to get in or out. Lastly plan your views. It is nice when in the main seats to look out at the best view.

As to depth some seats are much lower and some seats you will find you sit in different ways. The seat I love best I barely sit on the seat surface and use it more like it was a recliner when the jets are on the water force holds you up.

Enjoy and get what suits you best you will have it for many years.  :) 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 06:03:59 pm »
Are they quoting you for ACE or the new Freshwater Salt system?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Ralith

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 08:35:09 pm »
Thanks!

Our deck is 16x52, parallels our house. We plan to put tub at far end. It's most secluded and like 5' from exterior electrical panel. We will plan tub direction more once we do wet test and with 16' wide deck should have plenty of room... planning to put cover lifter towards house so it won't block views.

I’m not an expert on Tubs but the three you mentioned I feel are all top tier products. We have had a Caldera Tub made by Watkins who also makes Hot Springs for the last 5 years and love it.

Keep in mind the tub and water is about 6000 pounds and then add in the people and furniture on the deck plus the weight of the deck itself. also a tub is about 800 pounds empty and it has to be moved from the road and onto your deck. Plan your tubs location and orientation on the deck when you are testing them and looking at them. What direction the cover lifter will be opening and how much room that takes away from the deck space when open. Then you want the equipment area to have access to get in and work on it if needed. Then plan where your steps will be and what surface you will step down on when getting in and out. We have a higher cool down seat and it is flat and perfect to step on, plus it is the seat not commonly used so you don’t have to all move for someone to get in or out. Lastly plan your views. It is nice when in the main seats to look out at the best view.

As to depth some seats are much lower and some seats you will find you sit in different ways. The seat I love best I barely sit on the seat surface and use it more like it was a recliner when the jets are on the water force holds you up.

Enjoy and get what suits you best you will have it for many years.  :)

Ralith

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 08:37:42 pm »
I think these are new 2019s...and brocher says ACE salt water system. What's the difference? Looks like there is the ACE salt water system or Everfresh system.

The freshwater Corona discharge ozone system is standard on all models to my knowledge, so not sure which you're referring to.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:11:47 pm by Ralith »

bradleyabell

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 09:44:26 am »
You might also think about cover orientation as it can be used as a wind blocker!  I know you said you don't want to block views and I understand that...Just something to think about! 

I agree with castletonia...I would avoid master spa.

castletonia

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 05:24:06 pm »
I think these are new 2019s...and brocher says ACE salt water system. What's the difference? Looks like there is the ACE salt water system or Everfresh system.

The freshwater Corona discharge ozone system is standard on all models to my knowledge, so not sure which you're referring to.

The 2019 brochures have not been made yet which is why the brochure refers to ACE.  The website is updated to reflect the new Freshwater Salt System.  The Freshwater Ozone is now optional on all 2019 models (it doesn't play well with salt).

swilly1000

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 09:40:49 pm »
Just found we have a Master Spa seller. They don't say what brand they sell online, but when I went to Master Spa's website it has them selling, so I'll have to check into them.

I have a Master Spa TS8.25 and I love it.  Been in service for six months.

Be wary of the many bad reviews.  A lot of them are borne out of stuff you don't care about i.e. "unscrupulous sales tactics".

If you have a dealer near you, go wet test just to see how they compare.  Totally worth the trip.

Ralith

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 01:27:57 am »
I need to stop in and at east get some prices. How do they usually compare to Hot Spring pricing?

We did wet test today and really liked Prism and Grandee.

So far he's offered $15,900 new 2019 Prism, $13,600 2018 non-NXT show floor Grandee (not filled). Both with salt systems and cover lifters, so OTD price once you add tax.

I have a Master Spa TS8.25 and I love it.  Been in service for six months.

Be wary of the many bad reviews.  A lot of them are borne out of stuff you don't care about i.e. "unscrupulous sales tactics".

If you have a dealer near you, go wet test just to see how they compare.  Totally worth the trip.

Ralith

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 01:30:23 am »
Yep, that's it. Old system was ACE salt water with 2-3 year cell's, new freshwater salt is cartridge with 4 month lifespan.

The 2019 brochures have not been made yet which is why the brochure refers to ACE.  The website is updated to reflect the new Freshwater Salt System.  The Freshwater Ozone is now optional on all 2019 models (it doesn't play well with salt).

swilly1000

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:05 am »
I need to stop in and at east get some prices. How do they usually compare to Hot Spring pricing?

We did wet test today and really liked Prism and Grandee.

So far he's offered $15,900 new 2019 Prism, $13,600 2018 non-NXT show floor Grandee (not filled). Both with salt systems and cover lifters, so OTD price once you add tax.

I paid $15K including tax, delivery, cover lifter, WI-FI and ABS pan.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:24:03 am by swilly1000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42