What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Shopping - Time to Pick  (Read 7807 times)

Roeboat

Hot Tub Shopping - Time to Pick
« on: October 27, 2018, 10:57:47 am »
I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided to get some advice on my purchase. I had a Master Spa for 8 years at old house, not a bad tub (replaced heater and Ozone) but not going that route again.

Three options in price order, all with lounge, stairs, cover lift, deliver/set up ect. No sales tax (buying in NC live in SC)

Sort of a low, middle, high

South Seas Spa 748L Deluxe. $5,750
46 jets, 1-2 speed 2HP, 1-1 speed 3HP Pumps, Frog, Ozone, Pillow Fall LED and Dynastar LED. 3 Year warranty on surface, parts, electrical and labor. Liked Dealer.

Cladera Makena floor model, been in use 3 months, $7,999
46 jets, 2 reliaFlo pumps (2.5HP), circulation pump, ozonator, frog, waterfall, 12 interior lights. Warranty: 10 yr shell, 7 year cabinet, 5 year everything else. Dealer ok but has some bad reviews,

Hot Spring Flair. $9485, 4-6 weeks out
43 jets, 2 Wavemaster 2HP pumps, circulation pump, ozone, frog, Raio® multi-color points of light (32),Exterior lighting, waterfall. Warranty 7 year shell, 5 year everything else. Dealer kind of a prick.

Tested to 2 out, no Flair on showroom. What do you guys think?

I worked them on these price, that is the lowest they will go.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Shopping - Time to Pick
« on: October 27, 2018, 10:57:47 am »

castletonia

Re: Hot Tub Shopping - Time to Pick
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:01:17 pm »
That is a good price on the Flair and a ridiculously low price on the Makena.  No idea on the South Seas.

The Flair and the Makena are of very similar quality.  The South Seas would be considered a step down, but based on the price and your research, I'm sure you already know that.

After your wet test, how do you feel about the South Seas and the Makena?  Does one stand out above the other and do you feel you would be satisfied with either or?  If not, then I think you need to find a Flair to try. 

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 03:32:51 pm »
Grab the Makena!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Roeboat

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 06:09:10 pm »
Thank you for the reply's!!!!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 09:33:32 pm »
Makena is about $2400 less the. I sell same tub for. Great price

Sam

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »
Killer price on the South Seas as well.

Roeboat

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 08:36:38 pm »
Thank you again for all of your input. Really helpful.

Went and looked at the Makena again, tub looks new. It is a great deal($8,000). Sales guy offered 1 year chemicals and 0% for 36 months. But dealer a bit sketchy. 45 min away and really bad reviews. They sell Jacuzzi, Caldera and Marquis. Most of the bad reviews are play sets and patio furniture but someone paid cash and waited 4 months for a Marquis spa.

I would like to know what folks think about the foot ridge, not sure about it.

Looked at the 748L South Seas Spa again. Just got it in stock, still wrapped. (grey shell and black cabinet) ($5,700). Sales guy is the service guy, laid back. 10 min from house. Nice small store, water testing, chemicals ect. Much more comfortable with this dealer.

So it's like do I go with the Honda Accord (748L) or the floor model (deal) Acura or Lexus? The Makena is 6 inches bigger and much nicer, but placing on my pre-existing paver patio will be tight.
Probably get it worked out next week. I liked grab the Makena comment Hottubdan.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 09:11:00 pm »

Went and looked at the Makena again, tub looks new. It is a great deal($8,000). Sales guy offered 1 year chemicals and 0% for 36 months. But dealer a bit sketchy. 45 min away and really bad reviews. They sell Jacuzzi, Caldera and Marquis. Most of the bad reviews are play sets and patio furniture but someone paid cash and waited 4 months for a Marquis spa.

Looked at the 748L South Seas Spa again. Just got it in stock, still wrapped. (grey shell and black cabinet) ($5,700). Sales guy is the service guy, laid back. 10 min from house. Nice small store, water testing, chemicals ect. Much more comfortable with this dealer.

So it's like do I go with the Honda Accord (748L) or the floor model (deal) Acura or Lexus? The Makena is 6 inches bigger and much nicer, but placing on my pre-existing paver patio will be tight.
Probably get it worked out next week. I liked grab the Makena comment Hottubdan.

That price and 3 year 0% is crazy. The 4 month wait time for Marquis is not really his fault. I sell Marquis also and wait times for there tubs have been crazy this year. Not uncommon to wait 3 months for tubs to arrive. That being said if you aren’t comfortable with the dealer maybe look at the next step up in the Artesian line. Not really familiar with them but as Sam pointed out I guess that deal is good for that tub. Do they have any tubs in the next series up in stock?  Remember you will be counting on dealer for service  and support down the road

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 09:25:23 pm »
Don't let the long time lead time be a tipping point.  Get the tub you want and wait a few more weeks if you have to.

Roeboat

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 09:32:31 pm »
Yes, I am leaning toward the Makena, it is whole lot nicer. The dealer I like has some in stock, Artesian (Antigua Elite) for $7,800, really nice, 3 pumps plus cir pump. No lights or waterfall. 5 warranty, full foam. Hate you can see the filters, there is no cover,

Roeboat

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 09:35:33 pm »
I hear you Swilly, I like the Hot Spring Flair, which would have to be ordered.

kies1

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 09:42:28 pm »
We ordered a hotsprings flash here in Canada and waited about 5 weeks to 6 weeks if I recall correctly, tub has been great.

Roeboat

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 10:03:12 pm »
Yes, that is what the dealer told me. I am looking at $6k(South Seas), $8k(caldrea)or $9.5k(hot spring) but dealer doesn't have one to check out.

castletonia

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 10:55:44 pm »

Either you or someone else is getting the deal of a lifetime on the Makena.

Roeboat

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 05:29:45 pm »
I am still trying to work it out for the Makena. Got the 36 month 0% (putting half down). Told dealer i needed a Prolift IV cover lifter and 12 months of chemicals, and he said no problem. Delivery in a week.
Not sure if a Prolift IV costs more or not, I need the extra space.
Looking good for the Makena!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 05:29:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42