What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance vs BF vs Artesian (Columbus OH)  (Read 2491 times)

wet_buckeye

Sundance vs BF vs Artesian (Columbus OH)
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:10 am »
Hello all,

I've found reading this forum very helpful as I look for my first hot tub and now it's my turn to ask the typical question.

Here's what we've narrowed it down to

Sundance Cameo or Optima - we like the lounger since it's going to be 2 people most of the time, but recognize that the optima is better for groups. Wet tested other Sundance options... one with the jet setup of the optima and one with the lounger but fewer jets. Feel like that is a good enough idea of what it would be like. Overall impression is very good, like the power of the jets and didn't feel like it would be cramped with 6 people. The dealer is just Jacuzzi and Sundance and seems reasonable. Price is just over 10k with cover and delivery.

Bullfrog - enamored with the idea of jet packs, and are wet testing this afternoon. The A7 was quoted to us at ~11-12k depending on options. I'm a little concerned about the single pump and the strength being diluted when all seats are open/in use, as I have seen mentioned here. Dealer is at one of those "all rec goods store" that sells pool tables, shuffleboards, and sofas, but have been selling spas for over a decade.

Artesian - I liked the look of the antigua online, but the dealer didn't have any in the showroom. Sat in a dry grand bahama and liked it a lot. The over-the-shoulder jets and pump for each seat really appeal to me. Price was 9800 for the grand bahama or 7500 for the antigua. I don't think they do wet testing, unfortunately.

My general questions are this:
- what is maintenance going to be like for these three tubs? Any appreciably difference there?
- Are the BF worth the additional cost? When we started looking, I think we had ~9k in mind, but there seems to be a bit of slipping on the budget as our framing/anchor price slides. We can afford any of them, it's more of a matter of the value being there.
- Should I have concerns about buying from someone who isn't a dedicated hot tub dealer? All three places have been in business for more than a decade and have good reviews locally. I personally know folks who have purchased from the Sundance/Jacuzzi dealer and the BF dealer without compliants.

We also looked at some hydropools and liked the vibe of the place, but online research has steered me away from them.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance vs BF vs Artesian (Columbus OH)
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:10 am »

Sam

Re: Sundance vs BF vs Artesian (Columbus OH)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:33:07 pm »
All 3 are great brands and are in my top 5.  What configuration is that antigua?  You can choose different jet counts and add these fantastic foot jets (foot blasters).  Does that price include footblasters?  Also, their propure ozone system with inline @ease is pretty fantastic and the best water treatments system that I have worked with.  I was skeptical but having tested it side by side with numerous other systems, I'm a believer.  That being said, all 3 companies have good systems for water maintenance.

Also, the Bullfrog A7 has at least 2 pumps (can add circ too) and has plenty of power.  There shouldn't be any concern at all there.  If you want to stay closer to $10k, check out the R7 which is the exact same size, shape, and layout, with a few minor feature differences.  Same build quality and jetpaks.

As for the dealer being a dedicated hot tub store; I wouldn't necessarily let that be a factor in your decision.  What is their reputation like?  Do they do their own in-house delivery and service?  How many hot tubs on the floor?

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Sundance vs BF vs Artesian (Columbus OH)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:33:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42