What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Shopping - Time to Pick  (Read 7720 times)

castletonia

Re: Hot Tub Shopping - Time to Pick
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 06:29:42 pm »
What lift were they originally including?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 06:29:42 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 07:27:50 pm »
I am still trying to work it out for the Makena. Got the 36 month 0% (putting half down). Told dealer i needed a Prolift IV cover lifter and 12 months of chemicals, and he said no problem. Delivery in a week.
Not sure if a Prolift IV costs more or not, I need the extra space.
Looking good for the Makena!!!!

That dealer isn’t too bright!  He must really want to dump that tub.

Roeboat

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 07:51:38 pm »
Prolift II.

Roeboat

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 07:57:26 pm »
Yes, the dealer has about 25 Jacuzzi's, maybe 5 or 6 Marquis and 4 or 5 Caldera. The two times we went there we were the only people in the store and it is a big place. Maybe they are hurting for money (cash flow) lol.   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 10:14:16 pm »
Prolift II.

Is space a issue?  I like pro lift 2 better then the 4. Have you seen a 4?  Sits at a weird angle. Price wise I think they are about the same. Only time I’ve sold one is when space was a huge issue

Roeboat

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:50 pm »
Mystery solved. Spoke with the electrician. He said the dealer is selling all Caldera and is not going to carry them any more. So that is why the Makena is well priced. He also said he worked for Watkins Group for 20 years and that Caldera builds a great spa, and he would recommend it. 

Roeboat

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 10:36:26 am »
Update. Bought the Caldera Makena. The dealer is still going to carry Caldera, but is going to be a primary Jacuzzi dealer. They had a Jacuzzi truck load sale this weekend and they sold 8 on Saturday alone, but the $8k spent on the Makena was a way better deal compared to what the Jacuzzi's cost.
Also, Caldera has a financing event going on until 12 Nov, 0% for 36 months, so we took advantage of that.

So that you all for your help along the way, especially Castlestonia, Hottubdan, and Hottubguy.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 05:04:46 pm »
Good deal congrats on the purchase

Roeboat

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 10:59:05 am »
Thread bumped up for Spayedkitty if they are still here.

TimmyLuna

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 08:08:06 am »
 I am in the market for a 5-6 person hot tub, and wanted to tap the TRG knowledge keg. Any stand out brands

castletonia

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 11:20:22 am »
I am in the market for a 5-6 person hot tub, and wanted to tap the TRG knowledge keg. Any stand out brands

You will probably get more responses if you start your own thread.

The brands you have available locally are the only ones that can be relevant to you.  My top brands in alphabetical order: Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Sundance.  Once you know what your local options are, research and visit those dealers.  The dealer is the one that supports you during and after the sale, they can be as important as the brand itself.

Also be good to know what your budget is because of the brands I listed, they can probably range from $5k all the way up to $20K.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 11:22:08 am »

I'll help to narrow it down for you. Everyone has their own short list and for me I'd suggest you consider:

Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance!

The next question is whether these are available to you but it you go to each of their websites they'll have a dealer locator so you can see which are in your local area.

Go visit each local dealer and at some point plan to wet test your top 2 or 3 choices (preferably on the same weekend) which should narrow your focus further! Its that simple!  ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 11:22:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42