What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2013 HS Grandee W/ ACE Salt Progress Real Life results  (Read 35387 times)

dunecritter

Re: 2013 HS Grandee W/ ACE Salt Progress Real Life results
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »
Well Its been awhile since I've had a chance to hop in the tub (almost 2 weeks as I painted my home as I  have been bzy with that and work) and I intentionally did nothing with it regarding to even opening the cover during this time. Well yesterday I opened the cover and tested my water with regular test strips and as expected...water was good...still clear with absolutely no smells to speak of...once tested I noticed the sanitizer levels were perfect and the softness was good but like normal.. The PH and Alk has creped up and required a touch of PH down to get it  back in range. That's it, so far so good. I have yet to clean my cell (Manufacture recommends every 3 months and I'm at 5 months now) so I decided to dip the cell in a PH Down solution for a 10 Min and was surprised to see no bubbles from the cleaning process. I looked down the cell and I cannot see any deposit buildup on it yet so maybe It will be more necessary as the cell gets aged with more time/use in the water. One annoying thing as this was the first time cleaning the cell and I put too much water in the PH solution bottle so when I submerged the cell I had excess spillage...so I quickly grabbed the hose to dilute the solution. Clearly a rookie mistake that won't happen again.
//i190.photobucket.com/albums/z59/bzyguy01/20140228_100425_zps29e1e5bf.jpg[/img][/URL]

Get yourself a re-agent test kit bud. Learn how to use it. 10 people can look at strips and get a different reading. Scoop a little water and go do it in your kitchen by the sink
Got one BUD...Know how to use it just the same. I've checked it against my strips and I know where my range is on the strips for a quick reference. I have a 30,000 gallon pool and have been servicing my pools for 20 years and all my tubs for 22 years. The test strips are a great generic test to check levels quickly....Not as accurate as the other better testers but will tell you when your way out of range. Simple as that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 07:50:04 pm »

dunecritter

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »
We have 3 retail locations that sell the ACE system. Two locations each have one wet tub that has the ACE system installed for display and My location has Two wet tubs with the ACE system in use for display (A Gleam and a Grandee). I own one at home (Grandee) and my partner owns one on his tub at home (Vanguard). I have yet to have a single issue with any one of these 6 ACE systems that are in use. So far so good.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2014, 08:02:30 am »
Well Its been awhile since I've had a chance to hop in the tub (almost 2 weeks as I painted my home as I  have been bzy with that and work) and I intentionally did nothing with it regarding to even opening the cover during this time. Well yesterday I opened the cover and tested my water with regular test strips and as expected...water was good...still clear with absolutely no smells to speak of...once tested I noticed the sanitizer levels were perfect and the softness was good but like normal.. The PH and Alk has creped up and required a touch of PH down to get it  back in range. That's it, so far so good. I have yet to clean my cell (Manufacture recommends every 3 months and I'm at 5 months now) so I decided to dip the cell in a PH Down solution for a 10 Min and was surprised to see no bubbles from the cleaning process. I looked down the cell and I cannot see any deposit buildup on it yet so maybe It will be more necessary as the cell gets aged with more time/use in the water. One annoying thing as this was the first time cleaning the cell and I put too much water in the PH solution bottle so when I submerged the cell I had excess spillage...so I quickly grabbed the hose to dilute the solution. Clearly a rookie mistake that won't happen again.
//i190.photobucket.com/albums/z59/bzyguy01/20140228_100425_zps29e1e5bf.jpg[/img][/URL]

Get yourself a re-agent test kit bud. Learn how to use it. 10 people can look at strips and get a different reading. Scoop a little water and go do it in your kitchen by the sink
Got one BUD...Know how to use it just the same. I've checked it against my strips and I know where my range is on the strips for a quick reference. I have a 30,000 gallon pool and have been servicing my pools for 20 years and all my tubs for 22 years. The test strips are a great generic test to check levels quickly....Not as accurate as the other better testers but will tell you when your way out of range. Simple as that.

I use the strips for sanitizer but never for PH or Alk
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 02:07:54 pm »
We have 3 retail locations that sell the ACE system. Two locations each have one wet tub that has the ACE system installed for display and My location has Two wet tubs with the ACE system in use for display (A Gleam and a Grandee). I own one at home (Grandee) and my partner owns one on his tub at home (Vanguard). I have yet to have a single issue with any one of these 6 ACE systems that are in use. So far so good.

Love having the ACE setup in the showroom esp. during busy weeks where I may forget to toss some chlorine into our tubs ;-)...I have it on a Flair and a Jetsetter...also have a Gleam, Vanguard, Envoy, Aria, and Rhythm all wet and ready to test

dunecritter

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 02:23:45 pm »

Love having the ACE setup in the showroom esp. during busy weeks where I may forget to toss some chlorine into our tubs ;-)...I have it on a Flair and a Jetsetter...also have a Gleam, Vanguard, Envoy, Aria, and Rhythm all wet and ready to test

Agreed...I get side tracked and the Jettsetter, Glow, TX, and Tempo all let me know that I forgot to sanitize them...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:03:34 pm by dunecritter »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 07:08:56 pm »

You da man! That's a lot of work to keep that many wet. Hear that people? Get to the twin cities and buy a tub. Floor models are always a tiny bit less.
Retired

dunecritter

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 10:08:54 pm »

You da man! That's a lot of work to keep that many wet. Hear that people? Get to the twin cities and buy a tub. Floor models are always a tiny bit less.
Was that comment necessary? Im sure your a fine tech Tman....and everyone has an opinion and that's fine....but really?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 11:28:37 pm »

Was that comment necessary? Im sure your a fine tech Tman....and everyone has an opinion and that's fine....but really?

You should try reducing the hat size there dunecritter or better yet try decaf!    I know it's hard to do with HS salesman, the hat size that is!    ;)

dunecritter

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 12:55:18 am »
Ahhh...there's Jim....The other professional who's opinion is the only one that's the right one...it's OK guys...I get it...don't worry...I'll keep donating at circle K just like I always have ;) I buy one size fits all hats so I can still wear it after having a look at your posts :o

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 06:28:08 am »

So throwing compliments at other posters is not exceptable by you?? It's very admirable that a dealer can keep 6-7 tubs wet and ready for testing. Most dealers keep one or two. TC has 6-7 and that is a lot of work and expense.
Retired

dunecritter

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 09:49:40 am »
That wasn't received as a compliment...If that was a compliment....Please explain...I'm obviously missing something...I took it as a heckle towards Twincities...If I'm wrong I apolagize

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 12:01:29 pm »
That wasn't received as a compliment...If that was a compliment....Please explain...I'm obviously missing something...I took it as a heckle towards Twincities...If I'm wrong I apolagize

I doubt Tman was heckling me, and for some reason if he was well thats ok too, if you don't have haters your not doing something right  ;D have a good day all

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2014, 01:39:34 pm »
"Why can't we all just get along?" :)

dunecritter

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »
Its a rough crowd don't ya know! ;D Love Forums...All of them have this stuff. LOL

Mikester

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2016, 09:01:15 am »
Dunecritter - how about an update here?

I'm thinking of a Grandee w/ACE.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2016, 09:01:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42