What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2013 HS Grandee W/ ACE Salt Progress Real Life results  (Read 35381 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: 2013 HS Grandee W/ ACE Salt Progress Real Life results
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »
Nice review...we sell a lot of ACE but still plenty of people doing standard chlorine and/or silver ion...its nice to have various options to offer.  As far as its cost it doesn't really bother me as I work in sales, If I can sell stereo upgrades (on a fairly regular basis mind you) on spas for $1,000 - $1,500+ I don't really see the point in getting bent out of shape on a similar priced item that is much more useful to the actual soaking experience in the spa than a stereo is

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

dunecritter

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:03 am »
  Doesn't really matter either way does it??

And I only have to mow about an acre, I live in the Pacific Northwest and have more trees than grass..   I do however have a lot of really cool trails through the woods..
Sounds very nice!

dunecritter

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 12:26:11 am »
Is it worth the upfront costs plus the replacement cell every couple of years though?  Draining and refilling a hot tub is very easy plus with ace you need to drain almost as much. Aren't they still having a number of problems with the ace system?  I have 2 hot springs dealers close by 1 pushes them and the other tells customers they aren't worth it. To me I think its a good idea albeit one that was pushed into the market far too early. For now I will stick to the old fashioned way of dichlor because to me it's rather easy
That's the big question and I guess its a matter of what one's time is worth and also how well one can actually understand the water chemistry to correctly care for their water versus having the spare cash to pay for the convenience factor...I have heard that the ACE system when it was first released a few years ago that there were some issues no doubt.. In fact I have even heard from other retailers at the last show that the first release had issues...what issues I'm not sure but mostly were having some sort of an issue.. and they were staying clear of selling them until the bugs were worked out just like a brand new model car...never buy the first year out .Not sure what revision that is out right now as I've only been involved selling HS for 4 mos...actually only been selling them for two...the first two months I was bzy doing a tenant Improvement on a new retail store.

dunecritter

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 12:30:50 am »
This post makes much more sense now that I see your a hs dealer.  You omitted that the first time I read this so I see you updated. You really should have put that in your sales spiel the first time lol
This is my original post non revised...The forum would show it if there had been any revisions what so ever...Maybe you just didn't have you glasses on??? Just Saying :o

dunecritter

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 12:43:54 am »
Nice review...we sell a lot of ACE but still plenty of people doing standard chlorine and/or silver ion...its nice to have various options to offer.  As far as its cost it doesn't really bother me as I work in sales, If I can sell stereo upgrades (on a fairly regular basis mind you) on spas for $1,000 - $1,500+ I don't really see the point in getting bent out of shape on a similar priced item that is much more useful to the actual soaking experience in the spa than a stereo is
Thanks TwinCitiesHotSpring. I appreciate it. There are basically 6 members of our retail staff that get involved with selling tubs with the ACE option..The owner and myself are the only ones that do actually sell it. Why is that? Because we are the only two that actually own one with ACE. We sell it passionately!!!The owner has recently (6 Mos now) installed a new high life model equipped with the ACE in his home...He ranted and raved about it to me and actually stated he would never go back to a non ACE system. Knowing this guy you don't take that lightly...so I decided to jump on the band wagon and swap out my 2007 model Vista that I purchased from The owner years ago way before ever being involved in the HS  Tub Business and try it for myself. I actually wanted to try a tub without the lounge anyway and I also really liked all the bling that my tub lacked that the newer models now have. After personally owning the ACE My opinion is that there is no better option that one can buy for the money...Even tho its still not cheap. But then again one doesn't buy a HS product because its cheap. The other sales staff are starting to pick up on the ACE thing now that we have installed it on some Hot Tubs on all of our showrooms and they have had a chance to actually experience how easy and effective it is for themselves.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:53:40 am by dunecritter »

Ryan VSO

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 12:58:29 am »
The In.clear is about the same product but instead of chlorine it release bromine wich is more stable and more effective in hot water  . Chlorine is also less efficient when ph goes up . that being said , I have the in.clear installed on my Vortex Nitro and I love it . It is worth the investment like you said . we are normally selling this upgrade for 899 $ but right now we want our custumer to try it out so we are including it at no charge !

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 07:18:58 am »
Dune,
You mentioned in your opening post that no other manufacturer has the Ace system.   Don't many have their own versions of a salt water system? 
I shied away from them not only due to the initial cost, but from the problems many folks reportedly had with them. The high costs of the replacement cells added additional salt to the wound. (Damn, did I say that..)  It sounds like it is working great for you, so your information is appreciated.   If I sold hot tubs for a living and had access to a company repairman and (I assume) discounted cells, I might take a chance on one, as well.   As it is though, I would rather take the $1500 and enjoy a weekend at a resort hotel in Atlantic City. :)

dunecritter

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 09:19:49 am »
Rosewood, I am not the know it all nor am I personally aware of any other manufacture that is selling a spa with a factory OEM manufactured Salt System...I was at our Annual Dealer Awards Ceremony last month and at that time It was still the word in the air that HS is still the only manufacture providing a Salt system OEM and warranted for use on the spa.... I have seen online a smaller system that is aftermarket and claims to be able to be added to any spa but it is a box that mounts on the outside of the spa cabinet and has lines that drape over the top side to another box on the interior?? Not sure completely and I know nothing about this unit...I have never personally seen one and have heard "Things" (Ill leave that alone)...but that is just hearsay. It is very inexpensive at an advertised price of @$189 online. Its called Saltron Mini Spa Salt System Chlorine Generator with Mineral Salts. I seen it on Spa depot. It may be great but who knows??? If someone has had experience...start a thread on it!
But I totally understand your concerns and This is why I am posting my review...So far so good and as of right now I'm very happy with mine...If it continues to provide me with the same results that I'm getting now...Its worth the money all day. (granted if I could afford the extra cost and the benefits) Simple as that. That is my opinion and I feel that my time is worth a lot...I know there are many that are happy doing what they have been doing for years and that's understandable. Besides, there are many people that feel that they have more time than money. I personally have neither! :-\ I hope everyone can understand why I chose to own and post here...I needed to know if it was all that it claims in order to endorse it and sell it.. If I didn't like it or it wasn't what it claimed...I wouldn't sell it. The last thing I want is an unhappy customer that purchased something I sold them telling them "I think" or "they say it does this". I know what it does...I OWN IT!. That's why I sell it.

dunecritter

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 09:38:01 am »
The In.clear is about the same product but instead of chlorine it release bromine wich is more stable and more effective in hot water  . Chlorine is also less efficient when ph goes up . that being said , I have the in.clear installed on my Vortex Nitro and I love it . It is worth the investment like you said . we are normally selling this upgrade for 899 $ but right now we want our custumer to try it out so we are including it at no charge !
Not aware of your system nor do I know about better or worse when it comes to Bromine or chlorine. HS did a promotion at the end of 2013..They were giving away a free ACE System to anyone that purchased a High Life Tub for a very small limited time...I was told by the factory that they anticipated selling 300 units during this special event and were very surprised to have over 1200 units actually sold during this promotion for the free ACE! That's HUGE! But then again we are talking about a company that has over 800 plus dealers world wide and over ONE MILLION hot tubs in operation right now. These are facts and not assumptions...A fortune 500 company like HS does not make inaccurate claims .Just on a side note...When I visited HS Factory.. There were hot tubs stacked on top of tubs as far and wide as your eyes could see...The Manufacturing company is totally off the grid and actually produces their own power and are very big on the recycling process...Everything is recycled at HS. A was AMAZED...Truly a sight to see.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 09:56:35 am »
Going to the HS factory sounds cool!
I'm a sucker for seeing how things are made.

Water Boy

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:25 am »
Arctic Spas offers a factory OEM installed salt system that is warrantied through Arctic Spas. To my knowledge, Arctic was the first manufacturer to offer their own system, and not a after market system.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

dunecritter

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 02:17:35 pm »
Arctic Spas offers a factory OEM installed salt system that is warrantied through Arctic Spas. To my knowledge, Arctic was the first manufacturer to offer their own system, and not a after market system.
I just went to the Arctic website and spoke with a "Krista" on live chat She did in fact verify this info...Apparently they do offer it OEM and warranty it through Arctic as well. Good info Water boy.
Have you had any experience as of yet with Arctic's salt system?

meriflower

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:17 pm »
Glad it's working well for you in the first 4 mos.  Keep us posted.  I have read mixed reviews, most complaints with the cells needing to be replaced and the expense (they only carry a one year warranty).  Has anyone heard of any problems on using salt water?  I'm only asking as I have had salt water aquariums and I have seen first hand what salt can do to components.  I ran into one review on the HS site where customer had blisters and rust spots on their HS tub.

Sam

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »
Clearwater Spas does the Isis system OEM and warrants it through the factory.

As stated above, salt is corrosive.  I have seen, first hand the damage that salt does to heating elements and other components.  Also, you still need to balance and drain your water at approximately the same intervals.  So basically all the salt system does is prevent you having to manually add chlorine.  Tossing a capfull of dichlor in the water is not complicated or difficult.  I would never pay $1500 plus the cost of replacement cells and the hassle of cleaning cells to avoid tossing a capful of dichlor it, especially considering the corrosive nature of the salt. 

Your post sounds like damage control due to all of the complaints about the ACE system.  Our local Hot Springs dealer likes to tout it as chemical free, or some other misrepresentation.  For all of you reading this, salt is sodium chloride, which is sodium ions and chlorine ions.  Salt systems simply turn the chloride ions into chlorine gas. As stated above it can be sodium bromide to bromine as well.  You are basically paying a bunch of money for a chlorine or bromine generator.

No offense, but I don't think the ACE system is all that it's cracked up to be.

dunecritter

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »
Clearwater Spas does the Isis system OEM and warrants it through the factory.

As stated above, salt is corrosive.  I have seen, first hand the damage that salt does to heating elements and other components.  Also, you still need to balance and drain your water at approximately the same intervals.  So basically all the salt system does is prevent you having to manually add chlorine.  Tossing a capfull of dichlor in the water is not complicated or difficult.  I would never pay $1500 plus the cost of replacement cells and the hassle of cleaning cells to avoid tossing a capful of dichlor it, especially considering the corrosive nature of the salt. 

Your post sounds like damage control due to all of the complaints about the ACE system.  Our local Hot Springs dealer likes to tout it as chemical free, or some other misrepresentation.  For all of you reading this, salt is sodium chloride, which is sodium ions and chlorine ions.  Salt systems simply turn the chloride ions into chlorine gas. As stated above it can be sodium bromide to bromine as well.  You are basically paying a bunch of money for a chlorine or bromine generator.

No offense, but I don't think the ACE system is all that it's cracked up to be.
No Offense taken Sam.. You have your individual opinion as a non owner and have never used one personally...but you know Sam and that's great for you....And you can call it "damage control"..."Sales pitch".. Whatever you desire. Whatever makes you feel like your opinion should be the tell all. But ultimately if you have not owned it...Its nothing but your non experienced opinion. What's that worth?  This is my experience regardless of what you might think and what you have "seen"....I'm Extatic with this system so far...It is still early (four and a half months) and I do have high hopes for it. I will keep all posted and I hope I don't eat my words in the near future.  Everyone is surely entitled to his/hers own opinion for sure. I personally have never had an issue by the smell that I get in a hot tub that uses bottled chlorine ...Until Now that I don't have ANY smell using the ACE System...Im like a hound dog sniffing it out! I get around the hot tubs that do use chlorine and I can smell it a mile away...Kinda like a smoker and a non smoker thing. But If someone actually "OWNS" the new ACE system and thinks differently...Please post you issues...I know there were issues the first 2 years out but this is a new version that is on a new Grandee. Also...The ACE actually produces 5 different water sanitizing agents including Ozone being one of the 5....Do others? Do others use the Diamond technology or the titanium steel plates in the generator?? I don't know either...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:13:53 pm by dunecritter »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42