What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: VORTEX Spas from Canada  (Read 122596 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: VORTEX Spas from Canada
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »
I went with Chlorine as well cause it's what I know.  Don't most Bromine users use the floating type of dispenser which constantly doses the water?  Does this mean that all Bromine tubs have shorter life spans?   What other companies make this sort of thing?

Genesis and Isis make nice units to. But your really not saving much work. And it's a lot more costly than dichlor. Make yourself up a bunch of film containers or the like with a dose of dichlor in them and bring one out to the tub when you soak. You'll pay 40-50 bucks a year for dichlor. Most of the bromine generator company's recommend changing water every 2 months. Seems to me it would be more work.

I'm sure that Bromi-charge is expensive as heck.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »

Ryan VSO

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2013, 06:23:30 pm »
We recommend each 6 months and its made by gecko so for us its a perfect match , have you tried one yourself ?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2013, 09:53:22 pm »
 Like montanabeefy mentioned check out prices for 3.5lb btls of bromo charge and you might think twice about the system.  And nothing is fool proof or maintenance free sanitation wise or just general spa care in general. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2013, 10:01:46 pm »
We recommend each 6 months and its made by gecko so for us its a perfect match , have you tried one yourself ?

I would follow Geckos recommendation a bit closer. I hope your not giving that recommendation to your customers. And if you are I hope they are not using it. 2 months may be a bit extreme but 6 is way to long.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2013, 10:59:14 pm »
thanks for your advice guys but we been running units for a year or so and we are working with gecko on a weekly basis , some custumer has not change their water for at 8 months but the average is 6 months . You would need 1 bottle and a half of bromicharge for a regular hot tub and the price is 35 $ each for the custumer . Once you have balance the ph and alk you good to go .

patrob

« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2013, 12:02:41 am »
Hi , I bought a swim spa from vortex in august . I wanted to replace my existing pool and saw the michael Phelps swim spa  advertising on tv so I decided to look online for that product . I buy alot of stuff online and I know that some people prefeer to  pay more and go to a local dealer but I rather save some money and handle the issues myself.

I went on ebay first , this is where I saw the vortex swim spa ... called them the next day and they explained me that their best selling swim spa was the hydrozone because you have two different zone that you can heat a different temp. Of course this model was their most expensive one :P But now that I own it , I really appreciate it .

Good points :
-I went to some local dealers ( master spa , catalina and artic spa ) and they were selling the same spa ( to my non professional point of view ) around 22 to 26,000$ even up to 30  for the Michael phelps one. I've ending up paying 18,500$ with the crane + the tub section is way better than any other mould ive seen so at the end I saved between 4-6 k .
-After filling up the swim zone, one of the swimming jet was not working so I called them and was a bit frustrated that a brand new pump was not working but they told me that it happen sometimes and if they have to change the pump  they will do it . They dont have technicians that work especially for them so they use '' gecko technicians '' contact list but between you and me they probably called any technicians in my area ... anyway the next day I received a call from that tech and 48 hours after the pump was running . the tech said it was an air lock and that it happen very often. So if you have any issue they will send someone to fix it thats good to know .
- They have a no risk 60 days money back guarantee ... ok I know that I would have to pay the crane and a flatbed to send it back to their warehouse wich will cost me around 1000 $ but thats worth the risk because if you actually like it wich I do you save alot of money .
-When I've look to other online company many of them had no background so if they stop existing then im on my own but i've done some research on vortex and they are really big in Australia so at least I can phone them if anything goes wrong .
-I like the tub section and the massage is very good . for the swim section im an average swimmer so I cant tell you if the jets are that strong but its powerfull enough for me .

Bad point :
- When I buy something , I want it now . They dont carry any in stock so you have to wait 5 weeks because they are shipping them from Australia .
- They dont sell chemicals so you actually have to buy them to your local dealer but I have been told by a rep that they will offer chemicals and filters on their online website .

I am finishing my deck and will post some pictures .
Gn

meriflower

« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2013, 09:26:08 am »
Welcome Patrob and look forward to seeing your pictures!   :)

Ryan VSO

« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2013, 11:48:05 am »
thanks for posting , send me your contact info in private , I will add you to our notify list when the online website is up.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2013, 05:33:26 am »
I suspect someone is calling customers and asking them to post reviews. Or making up users and posting himself. It's a good thing every sales guy on here doesn't do that. Just imagine if it wasn't in beating a dead horse. I am sure Bill will keep an eye on it now. Check the IP's
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2013, 12:32:10 pm »
Wow you are pathetic seriously .. theres 1 from panama , one from montana , one from north dakota , one from montreal and the other one I dont know .

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2013, 01:06:37 pm »
Seriously? How many first time posters are there on this thread?

I'm right there with ya Roger!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Ryan VSO

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »
Offtopic but can you send in pm the contact info of your manufacture of cover.
Thanks

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »
me
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2013, 07:20:47 pm »
Nothing is off topic in beating a dead horse. Pathetic is a sales team that uses deceptive practices.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2013, 07:34:24 pm »
Tman , from now on ima ignore you cuz your meanless ... yea dr.spa I thought you were running a cover businness am I right ?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2013, 07:34:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42