What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: VORTEX Spas from Canada  (Read 122544 times)

meriflower

Re: VORTEX Spas from Canada
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2013, 02:11:30 am »
In answer to where they are made - according to this Australian dealer Vortex Spas are made in China.

http://www.justspas.com.au/page/faqs.html

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2013, 02:11:30 am »

Ryan VSO

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2013, 02:35:12 am »
As stated before we have 2 manufacture and one is in china just like Iphone ;)

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2013, 08:57:53 am »
Montana,

It sounds like you got a great deal for a fully loaded spa.   Compared to what I just purchased, you paid less, and even got the stereo option!   If I was a little more adventurous, I may have gone down the Vortex path myself.  From what you have said, it sounds like a great spa.   I'd love to see the pictures of the interior when Spring arrives, so don't forget to send some our way (I know the gentlemen here would be happy to offer their unbiased opinion of it's construction).   Also, any information on electric usage would be appreciated.   Soak, drink and be merry my friend. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2013, 10:31:32 am »
A couple of mediocre reviews on tubs that are a few months old for a tub made in China. That's helpful.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »
Hi , I Am from Canada and I have purchased the Palladium from Vortex Spas which I have received 1 month ago . I first came to this forum as I was searching for reviews and was worried when I saw montana review but the rep on the phone explained me that this story was true and that vortex now crate their hot tub for the delivery . I was also worried about the delivery time  but they now guarantee it in 6 weeks and they have a 60 day no risk money back guarantee which looked fine on paper.

The hot tub arrived on the 5 th week , the shipping company made an appointment and I paid 175 $ in extra to bring it into my backyard . I have 5 kids and we wanted at least a 9 person hot tub . The palladium is very well designed and just like montana said , the jets massage is above anything else experimented in other brand like arctic ,  jacuzzi or dynasty. It does come fully loaded with 92 water jets ( no air jets which is very nice ) , 3 pumps and 1 circulation pump that is also use for the 'laminar jets' . I took the full light jet package and I dont regret to have paid for it .The rep told me that they were giving away the ''in.clear sanitation system which require maintenance once every 6 months , I was sceptic about it and ask them if I could go back to a regular chemical maintenance if I dont like it and they said yes so I said fine we will take it . I followed the instructions and since then I have not made any maintenance on my tub so I really enjoy it.

We had a flo error code when we first started the tub so we called vortex and they fixed the problem over the phone .. they changed the LL number which I have no idea whats for but it worked.

We went to many dealers , each of them was saying bad things about other dealers instead of promoting their brand so we decided to go online just for fun and found that company . We paid 10k instead of 14-15k at our local dealer , this is a huge price difference for a big family like us and even if we respect our local dealers and understand they need more margin to survive we decided to use that money to buy other stuff .

I will keep you posted if anything wrong happen but so far so good .

Thanks for posting your reviews

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »
What is an in clear system?

Ryan VSO

« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »
Type gecko in.c'ear video on google :)

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2013, 11:56:14 pm »
-Will do.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2013, 12:01:18 am »
I googled that and didn't get a damn thing.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2013, 01:34:09 am »
Gecko in.clear sorry

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2013, 06:36:39 am »
http://www.geckoalliance.com/en/conso/Products/ProductInfo/4/in.clear

It's an inline bromine generator. There's others available also. They are kinda touchy.
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2013, 07:49:44 am »
Thanks, Tman.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2013, 08:14:12 am »
Is that a salt system?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2013, 10:36:43 am »
No it uses a Bromide, from their site.....

BromiCharge™ is designed to
be used in conjunction with
in.clear™ water sanitation
system for spas and hot tubs
(with BROMITRON™ BROMINE
GENERATOR technology), an
electrolysis unit that converts
bromide into hypobromite
solution. The produced hypobromite
solution (bromine) is
then introduced into the spa to
be treated as a sanitizer for spa
water.

The down side to introducing bromine non stop is that it is a corrosive and can shorten the life of the equipment. And it smells. I still think that a couple teaspoons of dichlor after each use and every other day when your not using it is the best. When you add it it kills the nastys introduced. Then the next time you soak it has dissipated and your water is clean and non smelly. If your gone for a week or so just shock and drive your chlorine level up to 10-12 PPM and in a week or so it will be dissipated.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:13:26 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2013, 01:27:12 pm »
The in.clear doesnt smell , bromine is more stable than chlorine and yes its not good for the mecanisim pump seal unless you are using viton seal like we do. We have one running in our showroom and it does not require any maintenance .

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2013, 01:27:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42