What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: VORTEX Spas from Canada  (Read 122534 times)

Ryan VSO

Re: VORTEX Spas from Canada
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »
Hi Tom ,

you might want to run 4 cycle of 4 hours of filtration instead of 1 cycle of 16 hours , that way you get your boost pump to purge  for 1 min 4 times a day , also when you are using both boost pump you should be able to have the heater to heat  but sometimes it shut down by itself as soon as you start the second pump ... if it does that give us a call and we will go in the config menu to make sure your heater work when all pumps are running.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:24:25 pm by Vortex Spas Canada »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »

louise

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2013, 12:16:50 am »
Hey there.  I have been the unfortunate one to actually order one of the spas from Votex Spa Canada.  I live in Montana USA.  I ordered the spa in February of this year.  When I ordered it I asked him (Brian) if he could hold it until the spring thaw here so I could redo my deck.  He said no problem.  Just call when I want it shipped out.  So that is what I did.  In May I contacted him and told him to go ahead and ship it.  It's been a nightmare ever since as far as service and shipping.  First he gave me a two week deliver date.  That never happened.  I called him after 4 weeks and he told me it was on the way.  Never happened.  This went on for MONTHS.  .   .   .      Again, I've sent requests but no reply.  Its the no reply that is killing me.  Like I'm BOTHERING him or something.  These things aren't cheap and I did expect a certain level of service. 

Hello Tom.  I have been reading some of your more recent posts, and it seems that you are happier now with your spa.  Did you get better customer service from them eventually, or did you get help elsewhere.  I am considering a swim spa, and I am hoping that you have better news about service.  Please reply to this post Thanks,  Louise

Ryan VSO

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2013, 11:13:23 am »
Hi Louise ,

Let me know where you are located and I will be able to provide you a list of swim spa custumers that we have in your area .

best regards,

Vortex Spas

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2013, 08:12:56 am »
Louise and Montanabeef,

I'm not going to try to beat anyone up, but just for my thinking... is the little savings that you experienced truly worth all of the junk/frustrations you had to go through to get your tub? Do you not put any value on your time or your emotions? I like getting a bargain, but life is just too short to put up with a year's worth of crap from one company. You wouldn't agree with that? I paid a little more, but I paid for my HS one Saturday, and it was delivered and running by the following Thursday. It would have been delivered the Monday, but no one was going to be home to make sure we were satisfied before the techs left my house. Maybe I don't have enough patience to put up with the stuff you both have gone through, and with Louise, still going through. Good luck, Louise. I hope you get what you paid for very soon.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Ryan VSO

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2013, 10:33:06 am »
Louise and Montanabeef,

I'm not going to try to beat anyone up, but just for my thinking... is the little savings that you experienced truly worth all of the junk/frustrations you had to go through to get your tub? Do you not put any value on your time or your emotions? I like getting a bargain, but life is just too short to put up with a year's worth of crap from one company. You wouldn't agree with that? I paid a little more, but I paid for my HS one Saturday, and it was delivered and running by the following Thursday. It would have been delivered the Monday, but no one was going to be home to make sure we were satisfied before the techs left my house. Maybe I don't have enough patience to put up with the stuff you both have gone through, and with Louise, still going through. Good luck, Louise. I hope you get what you paid for very soon.

Everything works with money , you probably ending up paying 40-45 % margin to you local dealer while online company margin is around 10-15% ,  we went from 10 call a day to 150 calls a day , i dont know about you guys but paying 9,000 $ or more for a regular tub is a rip off to me , I would personally pay 6000 $ for the same or better tub.

Swim spa are even worst , if you look at any local competitor , we are 8000 $ cheaper and its all about Margin % .

Its a choice people can make and you cant judge people that doesnt think the same way you do .

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2013, 11:26:23 am »
I would personally pay 6000 $ for the same or better tub.

You forgot to say in your opinion after this claim. There are plenty of differing opinions out there.
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2013, 11:44:04 am »
Vortex, go back and read my last post. I'm not talking about the price paid for the spa alone. I'm wondering if they still think they got a good deal after being overwhelmed with dissatisfaction, anger at the situation, anxiety over whether or not a tub going to even show up, if it was going to be missing parts or torn up like montana's, then have to glue it together himself like he had to. I was wondering if all of that emotion was worth the $3000.00 in price difference. That's all. Again... no slamming anyone. Just wondering, so don't come in with a response that yours cost less. That's certainly not the issue I'm reading from your customers.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »
Based on Louise's experience, they haven't improved, so...........

It looks like some more dead horse beating in the future.   8)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2013, 03:26:12 pm »
More for your money huh? And this is based on what?
Retired

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2013, 08:04:22 am »
Any pictures or video on how these spas are built?
I'd especially like to see details of the frame and insulation.   How thick is the insulation; how is it attached to the perimeter; is it "air tight"?    What materials were used for the frame; what are their dimensions; how is the floor made; is the floor insulated; how thick is the floor insulation, etc ?   

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2013, 10:25:28 am »
Hello from North Dakota!  Im not too far from you montanabeefy, and i ordered a Vortex Spa around the same time you did.  Mine still has not showed up  >:(  Like you my wife and I have called and emailed over and over with same type of results.  I am happy you got yours which means maybe mine will arrive one day (hopfully before the snow arrives)  I just pray it does not arrive with damages because I am not sure I will survive somethine like that after waiting months and months.  I hope they are as good as you say as well, maybe the wait will be less horrible then.  All in all, we are a wreck and better be installing a new hot tub soon (looking at you Vortex)

Maybe I got Louise mixed up with this "satisfied" customer. I'm not sure why Louise and this poster has a total post count of "0" when they have clearly posted at least once.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »
3 inches thick insulation with reflective foil on a PS heat saving cabinet.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2013, 04:11:29 pm »
On the left side is the vortex Ps heat saving material and on the right is what you can find on most manufacturer like master spas or jacuzzi . Our cabinet retain heat and is a lot stronger than the usual plastic cabinet you can see on the picture

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2013, 09:12:16 am »
Montana,
Wow! It's a damn good thing they used a good sling when the spa was over your house!   Great video.   Did you have to pay for the crane or was it part of your purchase deal?

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2013, 09:22:00 am »
Vortex,
I tried magnifying your pictures, but wasn't very successful.    It looks like your plastic has some sort of substrate behind it. 1/2 plywood?  Particleboard?     It appears, from what I gather looking over your website, that you are producing a tub very similar to an Artic Spa.  I like that fact that Artic, unlike most other manufacturer's, shows a great amount of detail in how their tubs are built.   If you have some better pictures or video shots of how your tub is manufactured, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2013, 09:22:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42