What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: VORTEX Spas from Canada  (Read 122630 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: VORTEX Spas from Canada
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »
A lot of inaccuracy in that last post. One that stands out, you got it for a fraction of the cost of the local dealer. Either this or you got a lot less tub. But hey, enjoy your honeymoon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:05:36 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2013, 06:19:33 pm »
Vortex spas Canada, based on the last post from him, I'd say you owe Tom another praise payment, and if it pays enough, I could use a little side job where all I had to provide was total, undivided praise for your product even after almost a year of misery and being lied to by the vendor. Does that job come with benefits, too?   8)
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2013, 07:13:37 pm »
You talk about design and everything to the lights.  How could you possibly know this from looking at a picture in a book or on a website?  Most people I know want to see it in person before making that big of an investment. Hope it works out for you but I'm curious to see what happens the first time you need warranty wrk done. Hope you stick around long enough to let us know

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:26 pm »
Thats your opinion and I wish you luck with your purchase.  Still not sure how one can tell build quality from a picture but I guess that's me.  Hope you get many years out of your tub, it's your money so if your satisfied then that's the only thing that really matters

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2013, 06:07:12 pm »
It's kinda funny how we are the bad guys yet a couple weeks with the tub and some exorbitant claims of superiority by a new owner are all that's needed to make a super quality product. I understand a manufacturer rep making such claims but a brand new owner? Like I said justifying a purchase, online or not does not make it special. I buy everything online. Just not cars, boats, ATV's or hot tubs. I gota drive them first. I need a specific hydrotherapy experience and buying online is to much of a crap shoot. But alas some don't have the same needs or even any need. Swirling hot water is enough.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 04:27:28 pm »
Well some people does need a wet test like you and some dont and 95% of our custumer does buy without a wet test . We do offer a 60 days money back guarantee :) have a great day

nddesertfarmer

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2013, 04:48:40 am »
Hello from North Dakota!  Im not too far from you montanabeefy, and i ordered a Vortex Spa around the same time you did.  Mine still has not showed up  >:(  Like you my wife and I have called and emailed over and over with same type of results.  I am happy you got yours which means maybe mine will arrive one day (hopfully before the snow arrives)  I just pray it does not arrive with damages because I am not sure I will survive somethine like that after waiting months and months.  I hope they are as good as you say as well, maybe the wait will be less horrible then.  All in all, we are a wreck and better be installing a new hot tub soon (looking at you Vortex) 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2013, 10:05:51 am »
This is reminding me a a story about revalry football teams:

University of Alabama had an ad in the paper, “Vacation Cruise - $99.00”.

Well, a guy from Auburn showed up and said “I’ll have the vacation cruise, $99.00”
Bama guy says, “Give me your money”.

Auburn guy gives him the $99.00 and the Bama guy walks around the counter, takes out a baseball bat, hits him in the head, knocks him down, ties him up with ropes, wraps him in sheets, towel, and blankets, takes him to the back door and throws him in the river and there he goes.

A University of Georgia guys shows up and says “I want the vacation cruise, $99.00”
Bama guy says, “Give me your money”.

Georgia guy gives him the $99.00 and the Bama guy does the same thing; takes out a baseball bat, hits him in the head, knocks him down, ties him up with ropes, wraps him in sheets, towel, and blankets, takes him to the back door and throws him in the river. There HE goes.

About 15 minutes later, the two float up side by side. The Georgia guy looks over at the Auburn guy and says, “You reckon they’re going to serve us any food on this cruise?”
Auburn guy said, “I don't know. They didn’t last year!”
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2013, 04:19:57 pm »
So where are the Vortex spas actually made?   My guess, after watching their various you tube videos, is that they are made in China and shipped to Canada.   If my guess is right on this, it could explain the extremely long waiting period people have experienced waiting for the delivery of their new Spas.
Any thoughts on this?   

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2013, 10:24:01 am »
I just got a response from Vortex: 
 "Our hot tub are manufactured in Australia , our acrylic come from usa , resin from italia , spa controller from canada.."

Montana,
Based on their response to all of my questions, I think your information is spot on. 
By the way, how is the tub working out for you in that cold, Montana weather?   How is it regarding energy efficiency- Electric bills ok?  Any problems with her so far?

Thanks, John

Ryan VSO

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2013, 02:04:46 pm »
Hi Tom , Your filters has been sent last week , you should of received them by now , They are available through our online spa store, we will open our north american online parts website very soon :) . We have 2 factory , one in  Australia and 1 in china for the india market that is explosing right now . it does take 5 weeks for any spa or swim spa order and since we just signed a huge contract with a major shipping company in the USA , we now guarantee a delivery whithin 6 weeks maximum. Every Spa now come fully crated ensuring a safe delivery .

best regards ,

Vortex Team
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:43:30 pm by Forum Admin »

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2013, 11:28:01 pm »
How are you making out, Montana?
Is the tub holding it's temperature?

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2013, 12:44:58 pm »
Wow.  -20 is damn cold.    At -4 what water temperature did the tub hold?
I'd also be interested in how your electric bill is holding up.
I've seen a lot of folks knock the TP type of insulation. It would be nice to see how your particular tub does in that type of cold.   One of my gonads just fell off thinking about -20 deg. :)

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »
It sounds like it is holding temperature pretty well to me. 
-17 is some seriously cold weather.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »
Montana,
Have you been using your spa much with those temperatures?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42