What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: VORTEX Spas from Canada  (Read 122304 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: VORTEX Spas from Canada
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »
People on their honeymoon with a new tub always, as they should, think it's the best purchase in the universe. It's called justifying your purchase and you choice. 2-5-8 years down the road will be the real test. And the claims of energy consumption superiority are sales rhetoric. With not one single real life metered data comparison. Fluffffffffff
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07:04 am »
This thing blows it away.  Period.  End of story.
I can not speak for 2-5-8 years down the road.  I haven't had it that long.  As you said I'm in my "honeymoon" period (as if I've never been in a spa before.. WTF?)  That is what blogs like this are for.  So we can share those experiences and I will let you know how it goes.  Until then, just chill out on the negativity and the know it all crap.  If it dies this winter then have a good chuckle but a little empathy for someone trying new things instead of the same ole same ole.  If it lasts 10 years I will let you know and I will have the chuckle. 

That's how companies become top 5 companies.  They all started from somewhere.

continued...

This thing blows it away in my opinion.....you keep forgetting to say that. One opinion is important to.....you. 2-5-8 years down the road you will be long gone from this forum. It better last ten years because I have seen HS that are 25 years old. I've been servicing these things for almost 30 years. If you knew how many Vortex like company's I have seen come and go.

I glad you are happy with it. Some claims were made here that shouldn't of been made.
Retired

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:56 am »
Hey there.  I have been the unfortunate one to actually order one of the spas from Votex Spa Canada.  I live in Montana USA.  I ordered the spa in February of this year.  When I ordered it I asked him (Brian) if he could hold it until the spring thaw here so I could redo my deck.  He said no problem.  Just call when I want it shipped out.  So that is what I did.  In May I contacted him and told him to go ahead and ship it.  It's been a nightmare ever since as far as service and shipping.  First he gave me a two week deliver date.  That never happened.  I called him after 4 weeks and he told me it was on the way.  Never happened.  This went on for MONTHS.  I'm talking at least 50 emails and countless unanswered phone calls later.  Finally, in August the tub arrived.  Immediately I noticed as it was unloading the bottom casing of it was all cracked and had holes from where the fork lifts had moved it around.  (I thought they came delivered on a trolly on end).  Not so. So I refused it.  The top also looked like it had been through a war and there are a few tears in it.  So I called.  He promised to send a new top and offered to have the bottom fixed and pay for it along with a $500 discount for the trouble.  I agreed.  So the tub came back.  Problem was I could not find anyone willing to repair the bottom.

{SNIP}

There isn't even a manual so I'm hoping the electrician can figure out how to connect the power source.

Hope this helps.  It is beautiful...  but the process has been nothing short of an American Horror Story.

Tom

Tom, Don't take this personally. I'm just repeating what you posted. You might be a super great guy, but it doesn't matter what you think of the tub right now.... The words you used to express your total dissatisfaction for this company and its customer service tell it all for me. You couldn't say enough good about it now after your first description of them and their actions or should I say… lack of actions toward a customer.

I don't want to have to go through that for something that costs so much. I paid my 10K from a local dealer and got a good product with prompt delivery (4 days, and they asked me which day and time of that day was best for me) and some good people to see when I walk into their showroom, and be treated like an appreciated customer. You can't say that!   

Your latest post carries no weight with me, anyway. You ranted too much negativity against them. No one in their right mind would read what you’ve posted and go with that company.  There are some great products represented on this forum; Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Caldera, etc., but Vortex doesn’t seem to be one of them that is backed by a reputable group of people.

Like your opinion of  your new spa is totally your opinion, my opinion of this situation is totally mine and does not necessarily reflect that of the forum and it’s sponsors.   8)

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:13 pm »
Tom, I'm really glad you like yours, too. I wish you many years of trouble free soaking in your spa with your loved one. I still hate that you had to endure so much pain just to get it delivered. That's just not right to subject customers to that kind of abuse (waiting for something is abuse to me :-)  . Good that it turned out well in your world. Take care.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Ryan VSO

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 05:47:00 pm »
Unfortunately , alot of people posting in this forum are local dealer owner or sale rep . We do have around a thousand spa on the ground in Canada but we do have nearly 100,000 hot tubs on the ground worldwide and in some area where Vortex is a well known brand ... hotspring or jacuzzi doesnt sell much . In a world where any penny counts , Vortex Spas Give you more and the only reason that we dont sell those spas the same price as a hotspring is because we are not hand tied with a protected dealer network that force the dealer to sell at a specific price. Like is said before we just launched in the Usa and we struggle alot with the shipping network and we are now working hard on this to make sure it doesnt happen again . Some people will always need to be served by a store and will pay the extra money but the new generation prefeer to save money and go online thats a choice and we have to respect that .

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2013, 07:53:51 pm »
Unfortunately , alot of people posting in this forum are local dealer owner or sale rep . We do have around a thousand spa on the ground in Canada but we do have nearly 100,000 hot tubs on the ground worldwide and in some area where Vortex is a well known brand ... hotspring or jacuzzi doesnt sell much . In a world where any penny counts , Vortex Spas Give you more and the only reason that we dont sell those spas the same price as a hotspring is because we are not hand tied with a protected dealer network that force the dealer to sell at a specific price. Like is said before we just launched in the Usa and we struggle alot with the shipping network and we are now working hard on this to make sure it doesnt happen again . Some people will always need to be served by a store and will pay the extra money but the new generation prefeer to save money and go online thats a choice and we have to respect that .

Another guy who forgot to say in his opinion....sheeesh you guys. Saying things like "we give you more" you just lost all your credibility. Hmmm a sales guy saying we give you more. Yet your somehow different? I'm here to tell you, and I don't sell any particular brand. I have my favorites and have been quick to point out why. I have worked on literary 40-50 different brands, sure not Vortex but 40-50 like them. I can tell you from experience without even seeing one. Just another flash in the pan, mediocre at best.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 08:08:26 pm »
Give me your contact info and we will give you some calls so you can see by yourself ;) we only use the best material available you will see :p

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 08:26:21 pm »

I would think spending that kind of money would want to see the tub in person and try it out

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 08:41:28 pm »
Give me your contact info and we will give you some calls so you can see by yourself ;) we only use the best material available you will see :p

You probably use acrylic from Lucite, Waterway jets and the equipment from Gecko like mentioned and Aqua flo pumps..  I am not saying you build a bad spa, much like Coast, Artesian, Beachcomber, Dynasty, LA Spas, Arctic, H2O, Pacific, Clearwater and Cal spa's,  Bullfrog, . Plus a few more I can't remember most likely from China..    But to spout off that you are better than everyone else is a bit arrogant, specially in the likes of Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot Springs.   I am going to throw Marguis in that loop as well!!   

Also there is a huge difference in longevity, innovation along with customer service from a dealer/company/mfg. that supports it vs. just selling a low priced spa with off the shelf components and a lot of jets.   

Honestly I think the odds that the original poster showed up and you at close to the same time makes it a bit strange, considering I have been around here along time with many others posting here and have yet to ever hear of Vortex spa's?    I have had a lot of reps bang on our door trying to get  in and not once has it been you guys, nor have I seen you in Vegas..  Good luck to you though, I hope you make it but work on that dealer base because it's what makes or breaks a spa brand, any idiot can build a spa but it takes dealers and innovation to make it work, not just a low price!!

I'm out!    No I am not out.

Funny on a whim I went to your website, glad to see you have done so many innovative things!   I especially like on the front page the we also use all this because they do scenarios.   Bearing less jets the same as,  ultra violet sanitation the same as they do, plug in LED lights my fav the same as they do.  Why don't you just come out and say you have no by-pass filtration the same as?  All you have done is gone out and come up with something everyone else uses.     You have anything original that sets you apart?    Sorry gonna change my thought on you and or some one else's company.       

Now I am out!   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:42:07 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Ryan VSO

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »
We dont want a dealer network and the reason , we are simply marketing the fact that whithout that dealer network custumers are paying alot less for the same type of spas , you can look at our swim spas per exemple we are at least 35% cheaper than all the brand you mentioned wich represent sometimes nearly 8000$ for a custumer . This money can be used for other important stuff this is why Vortex spas give you more for your money

Ryan VSO

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 09:58:03 pm »

You probably use acrylic from Lucite, Waterway jets and the equipment from Gecko like mentioned and Aqua flo pumps..  I am not saying you build a bad spa, much like Coast, Artesian, Beachcomber, Dynasty, LA Spas, Arctic, H2O, Pacific, Clearwater and Cal spa's,  Bullfrog, . Plus a few more I can't remember most likely from China..    But to spout off that you are better than everyone else is a bit arrogant, specially in the likes of Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot Springs.   I am going to throw Marguis in that loop as well!!   

Also there is a huge difference in longevity, innovation along with customer service from a dealer/company/mfg. that supports it vs. just selling a low priced spa with off the shelf components and a lot of jets.   

Honestly I think the odds that the original poster showed up and you at close to the same time makes it a bit strange, considering I have been around here along time with many others posting here and have yet to ever hear of Vortex spa's?    I have had a lot of reps bang on our door trying to get  in and not once has it been you guys, nor have I seen you in Vegas..  Good luck to you though, I hope you make it but work on that dealer base because it's what makes or breaks a spa brand, any idiot can build a spa but it takes dealers and innovation to make it work, not just a low price!!

I'm out!    No I am not out.

Funny on a whim I went to your website, glad to see you have done so many innovative things!   I especially like on the front page the we also use all this because they do scenarios.   Bearing less jets the same as,  ultra violet sanitation the same as they do, plug in LED lights my fav the same as they do.  Why don't you just come out and say you have no by-pass filtration the same as?  All you have done is gone out and come up with something everyone else uses.     You have anything original that sets you apart?    Sorry gonna change my thought on you and or some one else's company.       

Lol cmon jacuzzi has just started including a uv lamp when we were installing them 3years ago and im not mentioning that jacuzzi uv lamp is the 2008 version lol..oh forgot to mention jacuzzi was still using cliped jets 2 years ago saying that screw in jets was not good and now they have switch :p The point of showing those parts as an online company was to show that our parts compared to other online company could be found easily and they are used by other known brands , i guess it wasnt clear enough as you did not understand it ;)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »
   Yeah ok  ::)   You go sell some spa's.   If anyone reading this is thinking of buying a spa from these BOZO's think again.   Buy anything else as long as you have a dealer that will take care of you!  There is more to spa's than just price and a dumb-A-- company selling them..     

Montana guy hope you fair well. love the fly fishing there! 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 06:55:33 am »
We dont want a dealer network and the reason , we are simply marketing the fact that whithout that dealer network custumers are paying alot less for the same type of spas , you can look at our swim spas per exemple we are at least 35% cheaper than all the brand you mentioned wich represent sometimes nearly 8000$ for a custumer . This money can be used for other important stuff this is why Vortex spas give you more for your money

Neither did Costco or Home Depot or Sam's club. Ya can't buy a spa without feeling it first. I'm glad there's more people not willing to take that crap shoot. You need any service work done within about 50-60 miles of Duluth Mn you let me know. Customers pay me not manufacturers. You can pay your customers ill give them a nice receipt to submit to you. Your customers are paying less and getting less.
Retired

Ryan VSO

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 10:14:07 am »
We dont work with negative person sorry . We only use gecko qualified technician list

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 10:40:46 am »
Glad to see this sent to the cornfields where it belongs. I've had to stop myself from commenting on some of the nutty things I'd seen here.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 10:40:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42