What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 97553 times)

Anoroc

Re: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2006, 09:02:36 pm »
The convoluted logic and anger here amaze me.  The dealer, not Hot Spring (from input from RSM Mario) agrees to customer's request to replace spa.  Customer chooses to upgrade.  That is the Scam of the Century.

I think I am seeing bitter responses from dealers who would not offer their customer such a deal...could it be their spas would have little resale value after 6 months of use?

They agreed to give me 100% credit toward a new spa not to replace my spa with another jetsetter.  I received the one I have on clearance for $4930 plus tax.  The new Jetsetter is $5800 plus tax so I would have to pay the upgrade.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2006, 09:02:36 pm »

Anoroc

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2006, 09:03:53 pm »
I believe that after Anoroc contacted the RSM Mario(which I'm sure was the first time Watkins was aware of his situation), which was on a Friday, and there was some sort of resolution by that Mon or Tuesday.  Sound like great reaction time from the MFG to me.  Yeah, it unfortunate the dealer dropped the ball from the get go, but even the Yankees only win the World Series 1/4 of the time. ;D

I contacted RSM on a Monday and they made me an offer on Thursday afternoon.  Not so bad all things considering.

shabba34

« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2006, 09:08:16 pm »

I contacted RSM on a Monday and they made me an offer on Thursday afternoon.  Not so bad all things considering.
Friday to Monday...Monday to Thursday...  Same difference. ;D

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2006, 10:29:26 am »
I am truly surprised that any dealer/ manufacturer would offer 100% trade in value, even with the number of problems you experienced!  Most that I deal with, would not even entertain this thought.  They would rather go to court, than do what is right.

Anoroc

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2006, 11:12:28 am »
I am truly surprised that any dealer/ manufacturer would offer 100% trade in value, even with the number of problems you experienced!  Most that I deal with, would not even entertain this thought.  They would rather go to court, than do what is right.

I am also doubtful another dealer/manufacturer would have made me the offer.  

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2006, 11:40:35 am »
You are both incorrect. 5 years ago I sold a Jacuzzi® Laser[size=10]tm[/size] Plus. This spa was frought with problems, a true lemon. The cusomer was patient and understanding as I worked, under warranty, through all his issues. The last straw came on July 4 2002. His spa tripped the gfci and his spa obviously went down. This customer had my cell # which under his circumstances I was glad to provide. So you can imagine how pissed off I was that this MFing piece of $#!t was down AGAIN, and ON JULY 4! I went to his house, fixed his spa for the umpteenth time and traced down my rep at the grocery store where he was buying brats and burgers for the days festivities. I, not so calmly, explaind this guys situation and the fact that he's going to have 40 guests at his house where he will show them all the piece of crap hot tub he owns. (customers words) This is when Jacuzzi was transitioning over from JWB to JPS. This customer was provided a brand new J-360 (now the J-355) at ZERO charge to the customer. No shipping, no restock, nada, of course I provided the reinstall, also at no charge, however the customer did have a few beers ready, but I digress. Suffice it to say, Watkins Mfg. is FAR from the be all end all that it is touted as 'round here and far from the only company that is concerned with customer satisfaction.

I am also doubtful another dealer/manufacturer would have made me the offer.  

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Anoroc

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2006, 11:45:05 am »
. This customer was provided a brand new J-360 (now the J-355) at ZERO charge to the customer. No shipping, no restock, nada, of course I provided the reinstall, also at no charge, however the customer did have a few beers ready, but I digress. Suffice it to say, Watkins Mfg. is FAR from the be all end all that it is touted as 'round here and far from the only company that is concerned with customer satisfaction.

That is impressive.  I take back what I said. :)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2006, 12:25:09 pm »
This is when Jacuzzi was transitioning over from JWB to JPS. This customer was provided a brand new J-360 (now the J-355) at ZERO charge to the customer. No shipping, no restock, nada, of course I provided the reinstall, also at no charge, however the customer did have a few beers ready, but I digress. Suffice it to say, Watkins Mfg. is FAR from the be all end all that it is touted as 'round here and far from the only company that is concerned with customer satisfaction.

Just doesn't seem unreasonable to get a similar resolution in your case. Instead you are being charged to replace your jetsetter with a new one. I would be OK if they replaced it with a new '05 jetsetter but if one is not available then a new '06 seems the next best option. Instead you are being charged the difference, even if it is just a few hundred dollars.

Yes, I know the dealer probably has a tight margin and quite frankly I think the manufacturer should reimburse the dealer for any loss, if there is any. But just seems a little petty under the circumstances to get charged more in this case as I read it. And would be the last time I did business with that brand. Had it been handled as described above would be more likely to make me a loyal brand customer who would refer others to the brand and the dealer.

That's the real difference to me. No doubt some think I am being unrealistic. Perhaps so but there you have it. Only real manner I have available to express my opinion in this kind of situation is with my wallet.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Micah

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2006, 12:25:23 pm »
Wisoki is correct. When I had to replace a spa for a customer Jacuzzi Paid for the shipping and gave me $300 for the swap out.  Good customer service would be a strait trade.  The wholesale cost of the spa may have gone up $150 - $200.  The dealer could offer to eat that and do the install himself.  Imagine all the good pub a company would get for saying "we are so sorry you got this lemon, Please accept this replacement free of charge"
P.S. If they had done that even I would have sang there praise
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2006, 12:27:09 pm »
As an industry veteran I can say there are a handful of manufacturers who will go to such steps.  Watkins is one.  Jauczzi/Sundance is another.  (We have sold for both).

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2006, 01:50:19 pm »
I thought the offer was for a new Jetsetter or an upgrade.

HS should offer you an '06 jetsetter free of charge ... PERIOD. The dealer should eat any additional costs that HS deems necessary due to his/her lack of support.

I would expect what Wisoki said about Jacuzzi is what HS would do.  HS is pulling a fast one,  great company ... yeah right.

Anoroc

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2006, 01:55:31 pm »
I thought the offer was for a new Jetsetter or an upgrade.

HS should offer you an '06 jetsetter free of charge ... PERIOD. The dealer should eat any additional costs that HS deems necessary due to his/her lack of support.

I would expect what Wisoki said about Jacuzzi is what HS would do.  HS is pulling a fast one,  great company ... yeah right.

Honestly, the full credit is more than I thoght they would even do for me.  The new Jetsetter is a bit bigger and now has ozone as well so it is not exactly what I currently have.  They even got rid of the soothing seven and replaced and reconfigured the jets.

There new price is $5800 bucks vs. the $4900 i paid so it probaly isn't too bad considering the modifications.

shabba34

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2006, 01:59:15 pm »
.  HS is pulling a fast one,  great company ... yeah right.
 Hey Vinny, did Watkins offend you in the past somehow?

I guess they could have done what your MFG did, and given Anoroc 6 control panels and 17 air control valves to get him off there back, like they did with you and your jets.  Instead, they're trying to what is best for both parties.  

The new jetsetter is much different then the old.  You can't expect a straight swap.  What they are asking is not unreasonable.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2006, 02:07:09 pm »
OK, The purpose of my post was not to say Jacuzzi good, Watkins bad (what ever "I" might believe). My point was to demonstrate that watkins isn't the only company that would take back a lemon after somebody posted that they doubted any other company would do such. However, (I love that word) Jacuzzi did repace a 1.5 year old spa with a brand spankin' new one that was significantly more expensive, with, as I said before, no additional cost to me or the customer. Also, if any body doubt the validity of my story, they can call mr. lalonde in kokomo IN and ask the customer himself. He has become my best customer for referals. Just tell him Frank said it was ok to call.

Honestly, the full credit is more than I thoght they would even do for me.  The new Jetsetter is a bit bigger and now has ozone as well so it is not exactly what I currently have.  They even got rid of the soothing seven and replaced and reconfigured the jets.

There new price is $5800 bucks vs. the $4900 i paid so it probaly isn't too bad considering the modifications.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

J._McD

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2006, 02:28:06 pm »

I think that tends to be the "deep pocket" corporate mentality to intimidate a consumer and their situation.  But, the quicker a company placates the consumer and leaves them happy, the less noise the squeeky wheel makes.  That is why I believe smaller, privately owned manufacturers are more receptive to satisfying customers, when the large corporate machine tends to be far too busy for such trivial affairs, as they more commonly shovel the problem off onto the dealer as an independent business they tend to dominate and control.

The dealer has a great level of influence with the outcome of the situation as he represents both parties and possesses the power to make SOME things happen.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:36:15 pm by J._McD »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2006, 02:28:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42