What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: MASTER, HERE WE GO AGAIN  (Read 18637 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: MASTER, HERE WE GO AGAIN
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 05:16:11 pm »
Terminator,

You missed the point of my post entirely.  Read carefully to see that I do indeed feel the Consumer's Trust crap to be just that....crap.  Please read any number of "dead horse" posts to see that I think MS made a major mistake with this program.....how could anyone even think this was anything but a mistake and poor judgement considering the outcome.

Now to reiterate my point.....THIS IS OLD NEWS.  It has been hashed and rehashed over and over by those here that seem to delight in MS dirty laundry and this latest thread is no exception.  And it seems that you along with everyone else except Wisoki decided that any positive news coming from the MS camp was not worthy of discussion....and that's fine with me but it is a fact.  Let's face it....if it has to do with HS, it is MORE than worthy for discussion.  If it has to do with MS dirty laundry, it is MORE than worthy for discussion, no matter how many horses have died.  If it has to do with anything positive re: MS, it is dismissed as unworthy of discussion.  This is just a fact at this board, plain and simple.  I can live with it if you can.

Now for spa_dr., looks like your post has been relocated as well it should.  I read the whole thread but I thought it interesting that in your initial post you did not quote your source.  I saw you subesequently responded after having your hand called.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 05:16:11 pm »

windsurfdog

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 05:24:48 pm »
Oh, and Terminator, reimbursing their "victims" for 2/3-total initial purchase price of their spas?  So just because these consumers who 1) were duped and 2) used EXTREMELY poor judgement to think that they could get a spa for 1/3 price to totally free should expect MS to do just that?  I don't know what would be right but that is not it.  Those people bought a spa and were delivered a spa.  Should MS do something....anything?  Probably but I'll bet anything less than what you mentioned would still garner a black eye.  MS made an extremely poor decision and now it will haunt them on these forums.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 06:17:16 pm »
It will haunt them in more than these forums windsurfdog...I'm guessing it will impact them directly in sales with their affiliation to this scam.

I don't think anyone is questioning the overall quality of the MS product. Like you, I do question their morals and values though. There's no way that MS can afford to pick up the balance owing to these suckers I mean, consumers.

As always, it's buyer beware and although MS decided to crawl into bed with this scam in an effort to move product, it's come back to bite them in the a$$ with deep repercussions. It was pitiable business decision and very short sited on their part.

Consumers Trust has run its course and died. I think it's still important to inform consumers of these types of scams as I'm sure someone else will create something similar under a different name soon enough.

It's hard to feel sorry for these people but the reality is that they were scammed. I just have no idea how MS can make this right for all of them now nor do I believe it’s entirely up to them to do so.

Steve

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 06:20:31 pm »
Fair enough on your retort, I do realize you are against the shenanigans and I did not mean to imply otherwise.  You've always been a straight shooter in my books and I would never want to insinuate or have my words misconstrued into something unintentional.

My statement that Master Spa should reimburse their victims is from the standpoint that they overcharged on the spas to cover the cost of the rebate.  A spa that should be sold for $7000 is sold for $10,000 with the customer believing they would receive $5000 back.  That is fraudulent and they should return the $3000 difference if they were truly committed to making reparations to their victims.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 11:18:37 pm »

The two times I have heard of this practice and Master Spa it has been a dealer in Wisconsin.  I know my local Masterspa dealer has never done anything like that. Does this go on elsewhere? Or are we talking one renegade dealer?

Happens in my neck of the woods, So AZ.  My neighbor fell for it, and I am sure he hasn't gotten any cash back- or he would have rubbed it in my face.  I told him he was crazy!  So much for knowing someone in the industry, he didn't even ask my opinion first.  Oh well.

windsurfdog

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 09:17:20 am »
Fair enough on your retort, I do realize you are against the shenanigans and I did not mean to imply otherwise.  You've always been a straight shooter in my books and I would never want to insinuate or have my words misconstrued into something unintentional.

My statement that Master Spa should reimburse their victims is from the standpoint that they overcharged on the spas to cover the cost of the rebate.  A spa that should be sold for $7000 is sold for $10,000 with the customer believing they would receive $5000 back.  That is fraudulent and they should return the $3000 difference if they were truly committed to making reparations to their victims.

Terminator

Thank you, Terminator.....I appreciate that.  And I also agree that if these people were duped into the type of deal you mentioned that, yes, I'd say some reparation would be warranted and may ease the pain but what that might me would be tough to determine considering the pricing practices of the industry (i.e., two people in two different parts of the country buying the same model spa for $500-$2000 difference....not uncommon at all no matter which manufacturer).  In any case, reparation, unless dictated by a court of law, would be pretty tough to determine unless it was spelled out plainly in the sales agreement at the time of purchase.  Basically it boils down to not only MS making a major mistake associating with CT but also the extreme lack of judgment on the part of the duped consumers....their desire to get "something for nothing" plays a major role with this as well.....these folks weren't just little lambs completely innocent waiting for slaughter.....they had their misguided agenda as well and they were willing to jump through the hoops including taking the risk that CT would indeed be around long enough to make it pay.  Please don't get me wrong.....I definitely am not trying to make this look as if the consumer is to blame for instigating this mess.....they are not.  But CT played on the the consumers' greed and desire to get something for nothing and they bit hook, line and sinker.  And if the consumers got into something like this without thinking there was any risk, then I truly feel sorry for their lack of intelligence and good common sense.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 09:17:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42