What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 97562 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2006, 11:24:20 am »
My favorite is "The bitter taste of crap lingers long after the sweet smell of low price."

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2006, 11:24:20 am »

Vanguard

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2006, 01:25:14 am »
Anaroc, have you looked at the '06 Jetsetter?   I am going to assume without reading this whole thing again, that you bought an '05 Jetsetter on clearance.  

The '06 Jetsetter is a little bit bigger and now has a small cool down seat.  Plus it now has the double Moto Massage. You might be able to get this with very little difference in cost.  

Also look at the Accolade.  It is a four person with no lounger, has the water feature and is very powerful.  You might really like that one.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2006, 12:30:58 pm »
Ok so here's the thing.  If i upgrade to the Envoy the total additional cost for me including tax is $4,222.

This does not include coverlifter or any accessories.  They sell those individually.

That's a big bullet to bite so I have got to give this some thought.

Doesn't sound to me like they are doing much to make things right or earn your business and future referals of others for their store or the brand. Between the dealer and the manufacturer I would think they could make you a better deal than essantially charging you full price on the trade up.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

salesdvl

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2006, 12:39:34 pm »
My favorite is "The bitter taste of crap lingers long after the sweet smell of low price."

Terminator

Followed by " You can put a piece of sh*t in a box and give it a lifetime warranty, but you still just have a piece of sh*t in a box."  

Ya gotta love Chris Farley   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Micah

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2006, 01:42:16 pm »
Ok so here's the thing.  If i upgrade to the Envoy the total additional cost for me including tax is $4,222.

This does not include coverlifter or any accessories.  They sell those individually.

That's a big bullet to bite so I have got to give this some thought.

Talk about the "SCAM" of the century.  I'll bet that it cost H.S. about $3000.00 to produce that spa.  tack on $300 for shipping $300 for delivery.  They just covered all the cost of a new one "out of your pocket" and they have an 05 jet setter that they will sell for $500 or $1000 off.  How did this turn into them making MORE money off of your problems.
In the words of Nancy Regan "Just Say No", to H.S. Kool Aid!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 01:43:18 pm by Micah »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2006, 02:56:36 pm »
Except for the ozone, which is included on '06 models, cover which comes with all models, delivery,  and removal of the old spa.

You certainly could ask for a Cover Cradle to be included (and installed) - the worst they can do is say no, and you might get it.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2006, 05:43:35 pm »

Talk about the "SCAM" of the century.  I'll bet that it cost H.S. about $3000.00 to produce that spa.  tack on $300 for shipping $300 for delivery.  They just covered all the cost of a new one "out of your pocket" and they have an 05 jet setter that they will sell for $500 or $1000 off.  How did this turn into them making MORE money off of your problems.
In the words of Nancy Regan "Just Say No", to H.S. Kool Aid!

Have to agree. You have already paid for the spa, 5K was it? Then you give them back your spa and they "recondition" it for sale to the next poor sap, umm I mean valued customer, for maybe 2K over what they have in it for repair work (just guessing at numbers here but that seems conservative). Thats 7K for that one spa even if that is all they get for it the second time around.

Then they want to charge you another 4K for an Envoy? That is then worth 11K in their pocket at that point for the two spas. May not be their usual profit point but I doubt they are losing anything, except perhaps your future business.

Yeah, that seems fair for all your trouble...

One would hope that would just try to cover their basic costs at this point but it doesn't seem that way. Probably can't now but if you could get a full refund for your lemon flavored spa I would run, not walk, outta there and find another dealer and brand to gamble on.

Or maybe it is time to do what Term suggested and make a spectacle of yourself out in front of the store!

Or depending on how big a market you are in perhaps the local news channels has one of those obnoxious consumer affairs reporters who might be interested in making a spectacle of it for you on the news...

:P
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 06:36:47 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Micah

« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2006, 06:08:42 pm »
Anorac,
Here is my proposal for you.  I didnt even sell you the spa but I'll do the warranty for you.  You give me $4225 and throw in your lemon spa and I'll give you an eight thousand dollar spa right now.  Then you won't get stuck with another Hot springs.  You think I'm joking but I'm dead serious
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

shabba34

« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2006, 07:04:09 pm »
 Then you won't get stuck with another Hot springs.  You think I'm joking but I'm dead serious
Nice Micah. ::)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2006, 07:22:12 pm »
Every industry has it's ambulance chasers. ::)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2006, 07:49:23 pm »
The convoluted logic and anger here amaze me.  The dealer, not Hot Spring (from input from RSM Mario) agrees to customer's request to replace spa.  Customer chooses to upgrade.  That is the Scam of the Century.

I think I am seeing bitter responses from dealers who would not offer their customer such a deal...could it be their spas would have little resale value after 6 months of use?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

J._McD

« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2006, 08:31:00 pm »
The convoluted logic and anger here amaze me.  The dealer, not Hot Spring (from input from RSM Mario) agrees to customer's request to replace spa.  Customer chooses to upgrade.  That is the Scam of the Century.

I think I am seeing bitter responses from dealers who would not offer their customer such a deal...could it be their spas would have little resale value after 6 months of use?

Please keep in mind, The HS dealer, nor HS, made no offers to appease or satisfy the customer until AFTER Anorac experienced several problems and was driven by frustration in his being ignored by time delays that contributed to the problem.  

This is all about how a petty problem grew into a bigger problem and still nobody wants to belly up to the bar and satisfy the customer.  The cost of doing so would have been far less costly than the impressions given in this thread.

Anorac's problems have been simple but yet they have been handled in a manner that did not put the fire out and the final soultion has yet to be determined.  

shabba34

« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2006, 08:43:57 pm »
Please keep in mind, The HS dealer, nor HS, made no offers to appease or satisfy the customer until AFTER Anorac experienced several problems and was driven by frustration in his being ignored by time delays that contributed to the problem.  

This is all about how a petty problem grew into a bigger problem and still nobody wants to belly up to the bar and satisfy the customer.  The cost of doing so would have been far less costly than the impressions given in this thread.

Anorac's problems have been simple but yet they have been handled in a manner that did not put the fire out and the final soultion has yet to be determined.  
I believe that after Anoroc contacted the RSM Mario(which I'm sure was the first time Watkins was aware of his situation), which was on a Friday, and there was some sort of resolution by that Mon or Tuesday.  Sound like great reaction time from the MFG to me.  Yeah, it unfortunate the dealer dropped the ball from the get go, but even the Yankees only win the World Series 1/4 of the time. ;D

Anoroc

« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2006, 08:59:12 pm »
Anaroc, have you looked at the '06 Jetsetter?   I am going to assume without reading this whole thing again, that you bought an '05 Jetsetter on clearance.  

The '06 Jetsetter is a little bit bigger and now has a small cool down seat.  Plus it now has the double Moto Massage. You might be able to get this with very little difference in cost.  

Also look at the Accolade.  It is a four person with no lounger, has the water feature and is very powerful.  You might really like that one.  

I am considering the new jetsetter.  It would cost me an extra $800 plus tax.

Anoroc

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2006, 09:00:37 pm »

Doesn't sound to me like they are doing much to make things right or earn your business and future referals of others for their store or the brand. Between the dealer and the manufacturer I would think they could make you a better deal than essantially charging you full price on the trade up.

I don't think I can press much further.  I feel pretty lucky I get my 100% credit back.  It would be nice to negotiate and I may still try at the very end but they made it sound like I had to pay their everday prices.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2006, 09:00:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42