What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!  (Read 97017 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Am I unreasonable?- Newest Update- must read!
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2006, 02:39:54 pm »
 Hey Vinny, did Watkins offend you in the past somehow?

I guess they could have done what your MFG did, and given Anoroc 6 control panels and 17 air control valves to get him off there back, like they did with you and your jets.  Instead, they're trying to what is best for both parties.  

The new jetsetter is much different then the old.  You can't expect a straight swap.  What they are asking is not unreasonable.

Are you Anoroc's dealer?

Would this issue gotten this far if he was?

Why have a HS customer pay anything for the HS/Dealer screwup?

What "penalty" is the dealer getting for screwing up a HS customer. Why shouldn't the dealer suffer?

Why should a HS customer with bad service have to pay anything to HS or the dealer for the same tab?

ALL of the HS dealers on here constantly say how great HS is in the customer service area.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2006, 02:39:54 pm »

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2006, 02:42:31 pm »
Vinny, thats because HotSprings is more than just nice!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2006, 02:46:31 pm »
Why should a HS customer with bad service have to pay anything to HS or the dealer for the same tab?

I certainly haven't read this entire thread (I'm waiting for teh Cliff notes). I thought he was getting full credit?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2006, 02:47:34 pm »
I  am amazed by the responses.

Customer gets a bad tub.  company tries to fix it  a few times.

Currently the tub is running and the company has fufilled it's obligaton to the customer.

Customer says he's uncomfortable with the tub and asks for a new one.

After kicking it around, the Manfucature says, You're right. We want you to be happy.  Pick out a new tub.  We'll give you 100% Credit.

Customer is thrilled.

Members here complain.

??? ??? ??? ???
07 Caldera Geneva

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2006, 03:03:10 pm »
Back of with the generalities beeeeeeotch, or what ever.  ;)

Currently the tub is running and the company has fufilled it's obligaton to the customer.

After kicking it around, the Manfucature says, You're right. We want you to be happy.  Pick out a new tub.  We'll give you 100% Credit.

Customer is thrilled.

Members here complain.

??? ??? ??? ???

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

shabba34

« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2006, 03:48:49 pm »

Are you Anoroc's dealer?

Would this issue gotten this far if he was?

Why have a HS customer pay anything for the HS/Dealer screwup?

What "penalty" is the dealer getting for screwing up a HS customer. Why shouldn't the dealer suffer?

ALL of the HS dealers on here constantly say how great HS is in the customer service area.
No, I am not Anorocs dealer...

My tech would have fixed it right the first time.

A new Jetsetter is not the same as the old.

And if the customer himself is satisfied with the remedy, what gives?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2006, 04:25:49 pm »
And if the customer himself is satisfied with the remedy, what gives?

I know I'm not as nice as Anoroc.

Yes, it's great that he's getting a full "refund" but he has to spend more money than he had to originally. I don't know his financial situation nor do you. Maybe he's forced to sink another $800 to whatever and doesn't have it or he can be a multi-millionaire. I'd be hard pressed to come up with another $1000 after spending $7K last year - would you? That's without any of the prep work that isn't added to that $7K figure.

As I see it, they have him by the ba**s. I personally don't like to be in that situation - do you? That's my issue!  Maybe as a dealer you see it as a great situation to be in but as a consumer I don't. Maybe the solution was to just fix the tub and extend the warranty by 6 months.

The dealer screwed up ... does the dealer lose the HS dealership because of it? What exactly does the dealer lose in this situation? Does the dealer lose $800 or whatever that the customer loses - I would venture to say the dealer loses NOTHING! Please tell me what exactly is going to happen to the dealer because of this?

I can't compare my experience with Artesian with Anoroc's experience with HS. You're absolutely right - I got just stinking jets - 15 of them. I didn't need service to come out and everytime I called my dealer for a broken jet, I had it in a week.

I don't know if my dealer will be good or bad when it comes to a service call other than my jets AND I don't know what Artesian would do if it got to their level.

I am a repair tech myself and people call me when they've had enough - like I said - I can be a not so nice person. My customer is treated like gold by me and I do give them things as a "sorry" when my staff or myself screws up - which as humans we all do.

I personally think it's a half a$$ gesture. You're also correct - I am too involved in Anoroc's problem!

Anoroc

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2006, 05:17:18 pm »
I personally think it's a half a$$ gesture. You're also correct - I am too involved in Anoroc's problem!

Vinny, thanks for the support and your comments.  I am prepared to move forward on this as it stands.  I wish my dealer had offered to give my a sweeter deal on a new spa or on an upgrade but at the same token I do have the opportunity to get into a new spa.

Perhaps I could have negotiated things differently but I think that time has passed.  I was offered the credit to apply to their everday prices.

They are having a sale this comining weekend so I am planning on making my decision and buying the spa this weekend so as to benefit from any deals.  I don't think they could decline me a deal they are making to everyone else that day.

Thanks again.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2006, 07:42:32 pm »

Customer is thrilled.

Members here complain.

??? ??? ??? ???

Drew you nailed it......Things that make a person go hmmmmmm??

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2006, 09:08:58 pm »

Customer is thrilled.

Members here complain.

??? ??? ??? ???

Perhaps Anoroc is thrilled, I can't speak for him. I can make my own interpretation reading between the lines and that interpretation is that he has been beaten into submission and at this point is just ready to move because as another poster pointed out he is already into this purchase for a lot of money.

I am not entirely convinced the tub is working correctly at this point and it certainly doesn't have any degree of reliability that I would want to count on in the future based on what I have read here. In one post he noted the poor positioning of the diverters that a HS sales person here (term) noted as unacceptable I believe.

I can only respond from my own perspective. I might well be beaten into submission at this point as well. But I would definitely not be "thrilled".

And I would probably take what I could get at this point. But I wouldn't be likely to say much postive about HS or this dealer at this point.

And perhaps this offer is truly much better than what a lot of other dealers and manufacturers would have done. Maybe even better than my own though I hope to never have to find out. But being better than what others might do does not make this situation good. At best it makes it "less bad".

In my opinion and mine alone of course.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

salesdvl

« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2006, 09:36:59 pm »
Anoroc,    I'd like to say that it has been a bumpy ride these past few days and alot has been said.  In the end, we ( as a group) hope that things work out for you and that these issues do not arise again.  ( and if I were a bettin man, I'd bet the farm, OK Term's farm, that they will not.  ;)  )

Keep us posted.   :)
Measure once, cut twice.

anne

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2006, 10:23:07 pm »
Would it really be that unreasonable for him to ask for a 2006 Jetsetter- just an exchange? Doesn't a warranty mean that your item is guaranteed to perform as promised? His did not. Sure, if HS had an '05 sitting around, it would be reasonable for them to want to replace his "lemon" with the leftover '05. But if they do not (I assume), it seems that they ought to put something in his yard to as closely resemble the tub that he purchased, with no further skin off his nose.

Now, if instead of an exchange, he wanted to upgrade, then it would make sense that he could only apply the purchased amount towards a tub.

I dont think this is coming out of left field: several years ago I had a Gortex backpacking jacket from REI. It had a lifetime warranty for being waterproof. Spending about $130-150 on that was a big deal to me as a college student. After about 5 years, it was NOT waterproof. I took it back, expecting some sort of run around, or maybe just the cash equivalent of what I paid 5 years earlier at best, but instead I was given a brand new jacket, retailing at just over $200.

I never shop for outdoor equipment anywhere else.

He bought a jetsetter- he should have a jetsetter. Anything else is wormy.

Maybe we are all too involved with Anorac's dilemma- but isn't it just because we wonder what we would do in his shoes, and we're pissed on his behaf?
Dance like nobody's watching

jennyfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2006, 10:32:48 pm »
I am going through the same sort of thing with an Artesian right now.  I only hope they handle it as HS did. So far my dealer has done little to satisfy us.  Will wait and see i guess.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2006, 10:36:57 pm »
Anne,

That's my sentiments exactly, of course you said it a lot less wordier than I.

BTW, I have a Campmor Goretex jacket that did the same thing and they replaced it also. I love that jacket of course now it's a bit too small due to molecular resizing! ;D  It even has under arm pit zips!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2006, 10:38:27 pm »
I am going through the same sort of thing with an Artesian right now.  I only hope they handle it as HS did. So far my dealer has done little to satisfy us.  Will wait and see i guess.

OK, who is this planted person! ;D

Actually what's going on?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2006, 10:38:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42