What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospa versus Hotsprings?  (Read 31751 times)

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thermospa versus Hotsprings?
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:12:24 pm »
I always hear how good HotSprings are, etc. etc. but I also know of some people that own Thermospas and swear by them.  Looking at the marketting material both companies say they make the best tubs and I was just wondering what people here thought?  Can't believe anything you hear from a salesperson...

oh by the way what tubs are more expensive?  are there any other brands that compare to these two?'

Hot Tub Forum

Thermospa versus Hotsprings?
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:12:24 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Thermospa versus Hotsprings?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 04:14:27 pm »
Sorry, but you won't be able to believe a word I say...

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 04:16:20 pm »
Sorry, but you won't be able to believe a word I say...

::)

yep, what he said
Marquis dealer

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 04:19:25 pm »
lol....if you would like I am sure you can get lots and lots of marketing materials that say they also make the "Best".....There are a handful or so of reputable brands and on most peoples list Thermo Spas are not on it.....If you can not see it let alone wet test it.....why spend those dollars when there are other viable choices open to you..... :)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »
whatever a salesperson is trying to sell you (and make a living from) is THE BEST your money can buy.....that's a given.....compare tub features for what you're comfortable sitting in and spending money on....get a "feel" for the dealers in your area, and figure out who you'd be more comfortable depending on if/when your tub is on the fritz and you need it fixed YESTERDAY...that alone sent me running from one dealer in my area to another one right up the road.
Best of luck.
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:28:31 pm »
As moderator here, let me start with your line about not believing a salesman.   Today its not politically correct to make fun of someone about their age, race, or gender orientation, but jokes about blondes, politicians, lawyers, and used car salesmen are considered ok.

This board has a lot of spa sales people here.  A guy I refer to as Don Quixote, will say that is all that is here.  ;)  However most here are very open about their affiliation and you will be foolish to totally ignore their advice.  You should consider the source for any advice you get on here.  The one thing I tell people who are about to be new parents for the first time is that each birth is different and everyone you know will tell you the way that it is going to be.  

I think you will find the sales people/reps here are very generous with their time and opinions. If you are really interested in hearing opinions about Hot Springs, you probably have already alienated a great source. Some questions such as who is the best is too subjective to be answered in a way that would stand up in the supreme court. Which is better creamy or chunky peanut butter?

As for my opinion, I am just a consumer who doesn't own either brand.  I do remember from my research more than 3 years ago that Thermospa was more expensive than any comparable spa I looked at.  I have no opinion on their quality as the closest I got to actually seeing one was pictures from a salesman who visited. (His ass print has finally worn off the outside of my front doot)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 04:34:55 pm »
sorry not trying to offend anybody I am just looking for unbiased answers here.

BTW.. does anybody have a price list on HotSprings spas?  The ONLY local dealer of hot tubs around me sells HotSprings, Tiger River and Solana tubs.

I am interested in the 3-person Jetsetter but I don't have any idea of the price of this tub..

Thanks

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 04:37:43 pm »
you'll have to contact your local HS dealer.....prices vary depending where you are.
RIP C-Rod

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 04:42:52 pm »
I was also wondering why HotSprings has 4 different brands, why wouldn't all the spas be under a single brand.....

Thanks

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 04:51:41 pm »
wow!!!!!

listen, first and for most you cant compare these two tubs in my opinion.  Thats like saying whats a better SUV a hummer or a suzuki sidekick.

Sure there are happy thermospa customers, but I truely dont feel that you are looking at compareable items.

Makes me wonder about your intentions a little bit here.

Second, when you are just starting to post, you can quickly learn that if you do a search you can find several of your answers.  

It appears to me that you no very little about hot tubs, and you will learn here however, you need to do some homework first to educate yourself.

If you intentions are real, then I would say that you should to a good search on thermospas here or else you may just get hooked line and sinkered from one of their sales reps.  they prey on people like you that know nothing and purchase with out making an informed decision.

Get into the local shops, look at the brands get in and try each one and find the best fit for you.  this forum will benefit you greatly when you have substantial questions.  General questions like these make it difficult to give you a good answer.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 05:06:52 pm »
okay thanks guys, just talked to my local HotSprings dealer, wow these things aren't cheap, $5,500 for the 3-person Jetsetter.

Now with this in mind, I only plan on having the house for another 5 years at most and when I sell the house I will be leaving the hottub in it, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a hottub that will last 20+ years if I won't be able to use it that long.

So would checking into the Home Depot, Sams Club, Walmart brands be a good idea?  My buddy just got a 7-person tub from Sams club for $3,200 and it's pretty nice.  Just seems to me you get a lot more tub for your money going that way, but again I want the real answers from the pros on this board..

Duffman

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 05:13:34 pm »
If you're looking for a fair, non-dealer review of hot tubs and advice on how to buy one, check out this report I wrote during my research. Good luck with your search...

http://www.members.cox.net/duffman471/Spa_Wet_Testing_Analysis.htm

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 05:21:09 pm »
The old saying that "you get what you pay for" certainly applies in hot tubs.

Two things come to mind.  If you want to spend $3K, look for a good used Hot Spring, Sundance, D1, Marquis or Jacuzzi (Plus some others that I can't think of right now).

These spas will actually give you therapy, while the big box store tubs (that I've seen IMHO) simply circulate the hot water.  

I don't much at all about Thermospa, but I do know there's a ton of satisfied Hot spring clients on this site and others.  

The reason why Hot Spring has numerous brands is simple.  People have different budgets and needs.  Quite honestly, if I was simply looking for a big box of hot water, I'd look seriously at HS's Hot Spot line.  They're more affordable than Tiger River or their Hot Spring line, but they're made by HS.  

Take your time with the purchase, and the extra couple of thouand you spend now will be forgotten as your aches and pains are blown away by a great tub.

My 2 Canadian cents...

Mark

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 05:21:43 pm »
sure, you certainly can buy a nice looking spa from Home Depot, Sams Club and Walmart...however, you'll be harder pressed to get warranty work covered if/when something goes wrong with it. If you're a major DIY'er, this may not be a problem, but if you're like me....then you'd be better off buying something that costs more up front, and has a stronger customer support system behind it...
If you think I'm paying over $8,000 for a Hot Spring Grandee just because it looks cool, WRONG!!!! I went up over the original budget because of the dealer giving me the impression that they'll be behind me in the long run, even after the warranty is over and done with. That's something I can live with...having a pretty lawn gnome that cost me several thousand dollars and does nothing other than make me cry because it doesn't work, isn't.
Just my $.02, YMMV, and all those other disclaimers....
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 06:49:45 pm »
Where will you be in 5 years?  I jetsetter wouldn't be that hard to move compared to bigger tubs.  Is also possible it may add to the value of your house if you do sell in 5 years, probably more so than a cheap one that broke down and you couldn't fix.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 06:50:31 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 06:49:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42