What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospa versus Hotsprings?  (Read 31753 times)

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
Re: Thermospa versus Hotsprings?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 07:31:40 pm »
If you feel like the Tub guy is trying to 'Sell' you something maybe you should move on. A good salesperson will educate you on the subject and help you make the best decision based on your wants,  needs,future use, and pocketbook.

PS  How does someone wet test a Thermospa ?
I didn't think they had showrooms?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 07:31:40 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 07:34:16 pm »
PS  How does someone wet test a Thermospa ?
 I didn't think they had showrooms?

"You are getting sleeeeepy...your eyelids are so heavy you can't keep them open anymore....you're sitting in a hot tub........."
RIP C-Rod

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 07:35:06 pm »
sorry not trying to offend anybody I am just looking for unbiased answers here.

BTW.. does anybody have a price list on HotSprings spas?  The ONLY local dealer of hot tubs around me sells HotSprings, Tiger River and Solana tubs.

I am interested in the 3-person Jetsetter but I don't have any idea of the price of this tub..

Thanks

Price...

I was at a show this past weekend with a dealer and someone asked if we had a pricelist. I'll tell you what I told them.

A pricelist will mean nothing to you. It's a figure on a pece of paper offering no insight into quality, features, therapy, etc.

You need to completely stop your current approach squale at go about this a completely different way. Research on the net and look at local dealer / manufacturer sites to gather a basic understanding of their product. Go in and ask questions. Come here and ask advise from professionals and owners on what their opinions are based on real life experience.

PLEASE NOTE: There's no such thing as the BEST. The best spa is the spa you end up with based off of research and knowledge gained through the proccess of shopping and asking intelligent questions.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 07:36:28 pm by Steve »

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 07:39:43 pm »

"You are getting sleeeeepy...your eyelids are so heavy you can't keep them open anymore....you're sitting in a hot tub........."

nice 1 tat, very nice.  ;)
Marquis dealer

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 08:17:55 pm »
Assuming you know the "ceiling" for what you can afford-  If you find that new tubs are WAY more expensive than you'd originally thought (I feel your pain), you could look at the local dealers and see what they've got for used/refurbished tubs.....I said that earlier, but I forget what thread I posted on....(darned old-timers disease kickin' in again), anyhow, you may be able to find a nice tub that when new would be out of your price range, but now is either a couple years old and refurbished, or a floor model (last year or the year before possibly)....

ty socal.....I'm not feeling terribly witty today, but there ya go. ;)
RIP C-Rod

hymbaw

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 11:50:58 pm »
okay thanks guys, just talked to my local HotSprings dealer, wow these things aren't cheap, $5,500 for the 3-person Jetsetter.

Now with this in mind, I only plan on having the house for another 5 years at most and when I sell the house I will be leaving the hottub in it, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a hottub that will last 20+ years if I won't be able to use it that long.

So would checking into the Home Depot, Sams Club, Walmart brands be a good idea?  My buddy just got a 7-person tub from Sams club for $3,200 and it's pretty nice.  Just seems to me you get a lot more tub for your money going that way, but again I want the real answers from the pros on this board..

Bailed on the Thermospa already? Or was that really an option? Hmmmm
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 12:13:56 am »
well really what I am looking for is something that would be good for me and the wife since 95% of the time that's the only two people that will use it.  I really have no need for anything bigger than a 4 person, it would take up too much room anyhow.  So given a 3-4 person tub, what are some models you guys would recommend I look into?  Is there any benefit with buying a bigger tub besides being able to fit more people in it, such as are the jets, etc. on the bigger tubs usually much better?

Thanks again... I read that article from the above poster, thanks, that was very informative.

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 12:43:07 am »
anybody hear of Hydrospa, any good?  The 'Tiara' model looks good and is a decent price at around $3,500

http://www.hydrospa.com/spas/mark3_tiara.html

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 01:16:01 am »
anybody hear of Hydrospa, any good?  The 'Tiara' model looks good and is a decent price at around $3,500

http://www.hydrospa.com/spas/mark3_tiara.html

I think it's the price that's catching 90% of your attention. All spas look good in a brochure and most look just as good in the showroom. It's how they look in your yard a few years down the line that matters most.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 08:18:06 am »
Is there any benefit with buying a bigger tub besides being able to fit more people in it, such as are the jets, etc. on the bigger tubs usually much better?

Our tub is used by just the two of us as well.  Sometimes the adult children will join us, but rarely. The benefit I find with a larger tub is that each seat gives different therapy options.  By the time I'm done, I've used every seat in the tub and have gotten every muscle group I can possibly get.  Love it!
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 02:33:51 pm »
Get the Thermospa,,,,,,you will have to because the salesman will not leave till you sign the contract.
Its like buying a timeshare the salesperson never leaves you alone............JohnnyT

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 03:09:17 pm »
well with that being said I won't answer the phone when thermospa calls, lol

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 03:17:52 pm »
okay thanks guys, just talked to my local HotSprings dealer, wow these things aren't cheap, $5,500 for the 3-person Jetsetter.

Just wait till you see the price on the Therma Spas.   :o
07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 03:21:21 pm »
Ok, for just the two of you, I have added a couple of tubs from various companies that would fit your interest for small size.  These are great companies and you know that you will be purchasing a sound product from any of these companies.  Take a look at each website and you can see more products.  dont waste your money on big box stores tubs or a tub that does not even have a store front.

Arctic Fox  7x6 257 gal

D1 dupree bay 225gal

Sundance Capri 215gal

Hotspring Accolade 350gal

Jacuzzi J-345

master spas LSX

Coleman model 461

squale

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 03:33:56 pm »
well any specific 2-4 person models you guys feel are worth checking into? I would like to stay 5K or less for a new tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 03:33:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42