What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Eco One  (Read 5329 times)

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Eco One
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:39:42 pm »
In a different thread--I posted about my bouts with the dreaded hot tub rash--follicle bacteria bug.  Also---was advised by my dermatologist (oh yeah- have spent about $500 in bills over this thing)--to also consider a possible reaction to one or more of the chems (Liesure Time system)
Strangely--my selling dealer (tub is only 6 mths old) to invite me to a Leisure Time seminar at their showroom.  When I told him of my problem/s---he immediately went into a song and dance about Eco One.  They had begun recommending it to people with rash problems--sensitive skin etc---and so far they've had rave reviews from those customers.

Can anyone comment on Eco One?  

Am getting ready to super sanitize my spa (3rd time)--totally "nuke" it this time.  ANd want to get started off right for my FINAL try at this thing (I'm selling it if this rash thing comes back)

thanks !!

Hot Tub Forum

Eco One
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:39:42 pm »

ctsoaker

Re: Eco One
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:46:56 pm »
Hi,
I had a similair problem Dec of 04, I was having rashes and did a lot of research, I began to use SoftSoak and have never looked back, it is much less maintenance and although my dealer claims it is more expensive, I don't find it to be more expensive.  We have not had any reactions to it and use our tub almost every day.  I hope you find something that works for you.

NDfar

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:15:40 am »
I'm having a similar problem too. I am looking a a product called Spa Magic
[url][/urlwww.naturalspasolution.com]
I haven't been in the spa for 2 weeks now waiting for the rash and bumps to go away which should be soon.  (I was told 4-6 weeks).  Been to the MD and thought maybe its a Hot water chemical reaction.  I will look at soft soak and see what its all about.
Good luck and hope the best.  I need to get over this because I miss the soaking!

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Eco OneThis
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 10:19:16 am »
This is apparently a VERY common problem.   I had never had it in my 15 years of use with a Jacuzzi Quantum--where all I ever did was balance the ph and use chloriine and bleach for a shock once a week.

Interesting how my dealer--when I mentioned my problems--didn't hesitate on the phone----RIGHT AWAY--he went into a pitch for this EconOne system.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 12:00:09 pm »
Eco One is an enzyme system that works to kill bacteria.  IMO, it works accompanied by a small amount of dichlor which "finishes the job" and will kill other bugs that are not bacteria.  As a stand alone, it may keep the water clean, but there will still be livin' things swimming around.

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 12:02:13 pm »
So, your a "fan" of this Eco One product/s?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:08:32 pm »
I've never used it, but I like the concept.  I've seen many posts from users of Eco One and it's competitor, The Natural (which Doc sells).  There are people who swear by it, even as a stand alone.  With enzyme systems, you have to keep checking and rinsing your filters and I didn't like that part of it.  Your pH also likes to be a little high, so I've stayed away.  The pluses seem to be very fresh water, easy on the skin.

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 09:31:33 am »
Everybody has been great with feedback--replies on my various posts concerning this subject.  I wanted to report back on my experience so far with this Eco One system.
First--I'm not a shill for this company nor any other--I'm a consumer like most others here---

So far (3 immersions since my change over)---I am problem free and consider this system (or maybe just the elimination of the chemicals---one or more--in the Liesure Time system) a major success.  My third soak was last night---and again--I can report that I am problem free---zero skin irritaion today---no flare up---this looks like a winner for me.

The water actually feels "silkier" --softer now. It even has a light--"sweet" smell to it.  Almost like it has a moisturizing quality to it.   On each dip--I didn't shower off immediately nor apply any lotion--moisturizer (it's still winter and I still have some dry skin).  
I can also say that the tech at Eco One--has been extremely helpful---very nice guy---willing to spend time and thought on my situation. Actually insistiant that I call back with progress reports.  
My only concern is that the water has turned a bit cloudsy over the past few days (vs crystal clear---from set up three weeks ago to a few days ago).  The tech guy suggested that this is somewhat normal in a new set up---and should self resolve in a week or two--maybe even three or four---that I should not start dumping anything more into the tub---to just stay the course with minimal dichlor adds immediately after soaks--only---(1 tsp per person for a 480 gallon tub).

I'm not knocking Leisure Time----as they are an industry leader and many folks swear by them.  I am a "tough" case--with  apparently sensitive skin--dry skin. I am thinking however, now that I never had the dreaded bacterial rash---but rather was allergic to one of the Leisure Time chems----maybe the MPS non chlorine shock--that many others have reported problem/s with.  

All I know for sure--is that this Eco One product and system is all that they tout--and I think it's solved my skin problem---What a relief!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 09:47:23 am »
Are these systems compatable with an Ozinator?

Does it make a difference if your tub uses a 24 hr circ pump or a timed filter cycle using the larger pumps?

07 Caldera Geneva

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 09:51:05 am »
Yes--have an ozonator---it's a Jacuz J375--480 gallons---bot new last July 05.   Is compatibale---ozonator further reduces need for dichlor to sanitize---to less than 1ppm.
Have the tub set up for 4 1 hour cycles per day--don't have a 24hr circ system.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 11:56:30 am »
The water actually feels "silkier" --softer now. It even has a light--"sweet" smell to it.

Is the "sweet" smell from the Eco One or is that the smell people talk about that shows the ozonator is working?
RIP C-Rod

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 12:20:10 pm »
Don't know----though it's definitely a different "smell".  
The EcoOne tech said that the stuff includes a coconut extract of some kind that is probably responsible for the new smell.
Also, he said that though some people believe this stuff has some moisturizing properties---he didn't think it had much if any---but---just didn't promote dryness or irritation--anymore than the hot water and jet water movement would do anyway---normally.

Obviously--I'm super impressed with my experience so far---My only reservation now is the mild cloudiness in the water lately.  IF that does resolve on it's own as I've been told to wait for----I'll be 100%.

BTW---the tech said that many users over a long period report they use zero sanitizer--dichlor at all---with no ill effects.  He didn't recommend this approach---and I'll maintain some dichlor use for sure.  Again---I know that I am not at all allergic to dichlor---especially in the minimal doses this system allows.  

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »
I don't understand what the benefit  is if you still need 1 tsp per person after soaking.  That's what I do without the ECO One.  It raises Free Chlorine to 4-5 ppm in a 450 gallon tub.  That's enough to kill anything in there.

Do you think you will eventually reduce this amount?

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 05:17:36 pm »
it doesn't raise my level that much---at least the next day when I use it again or when I do use it again.
I add right after I get out----then add no more until I use it again--by the time I use it again---it has dropped to virtually zero ppm

The reason I like Eco One is as stated----so far---it is very easy on my skin---versus my previous system--plain and simple.   AND all I do is add one bottle of the Montly Eco One and then the dosages of dichlor---that is all---no shocking---no thisa and no thata

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 05:49:46 pm »
You may be able to get by with just adding some dichlor once per week...maybe a tblsp.  That will give you a good clense and may give the Eco One a head start to keep the spa in good shape for the rest of the week.  May be worth an experiment.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 05:49:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42