What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new guy question  (Read 6856 times)

gbw

new guy question
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:46:57 pm »
i've lurked and learned a lot on this forum.  feedback, please, on emerald spas, specifically the M570, priced at $6700 (delivery, set up, chemicals, training, and basic cover).  thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

new guy question
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:46:57 pm »

PVM

Re: new guy question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:04:59 pm »
Good spa and price.

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 05:42:31 pm »
Hello gbw! I just bought an Emerald 750e last month. So far I've found Emerald to make an excellent tub. Only issues I've had has been with the cover, but everything else is wonderful. That sounds like a fair price. I paid $7200 for mine. Hope this helps somewhat.

gbw

Re: new guy question -- emerald spa
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 06:11:06 pm »
Thanks viper dude.  i've kinda gathered that emerald has done some product improvement lately.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 06:34:07 pm »
Emerald was a GREAT spa in 2004 IMO, then they did something stupid in late 2004 and early 2005. They obviously have corrected their mistake and have become the spa they were.

They were and probably still are a great value.

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 06:52:28 pm »
Good Tub, Looked to be a good company, My local dealer was great!!! ( dealer means a lot to me )
Almost bought a E650 with neck/ foot jets, set up etc. for right at 7 grand. We found an Arctic that wet test better so thats what we bought. Good Luck...... & don't forget to:
WET TEST ;) ;)

fatman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 07:56:12 am »
Emerald builds a great heavy duty hot tub. Their cover is waterproof too.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:36:38 am »
Emerald builds a great heavy duty hot tub. Their cover is waterproof too.

While I don't question the sincerity of your opinions, I would like to know which manufacturers produce covers that are not waterproofed.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 12:06:38 pm »
I thought the covers to be more "water resistant", what with all the people that have had waterlogged inserts that needed removing after operating for awhile?

Speaking of which....has anyone tried taking out the inserts before really using the tub, and wrapping them with another layer of plastic? I considered it, as it seems to beat the "when they're waterlogged, take them out, let them dry in the shade, use duct tape......." thing.
An ounce of prevention or something like that, right?
RIP C-Rod

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 04:19:43 pm »
I thought the covers to be more "water resistant", what with all the people that have had waterlogged inserts that needed removing after operating for awhile?

I think it's just a matter of terminology that I wanted fatman to clarify.  Certainly the cores of all covers should be waterproof until they start taking on water.  fatman sounded like Emerald's cover is somehow more "waterproof" than others.

Speaking of which....has anyone tried taking out the inserts before really using the tub, and wrapping them with another layer of plastic? I considered it, as it seems to beat the "when they're waterlogged, take them out, let them dry in the shade, use duct tape......." thing.
An ounce of prevention or something like that, right?

I plan on buying one of Doc's double wrapped covers when mine expires.  See'em here:  Doc's Super Duper Covers 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Veeper

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 04:39:29 pm »
Actually, to prolong the life of your covers.......remove them when shocking your spa.  Let your spa run on low speed or clean-up cycle for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.  Then go out and replace your cover.  This amount of time will allow the chlorine to do its job and burn off.

If this is not done, the chemical gasses get trapped under the cover and eventually start eating away at the plastic wrap (used around the foam inserts).  The tiny holes that start to develop allows the moisture to soak up into the inserts, causing them to get very heavy.

Hope this helps!

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 04:41:55 pm »
Unfortunately, 45 minutes to an hour of cover off time may not be possible for some of us in the northern climes..... *sigh*
But hey.....I hear it's beautiful tubbin' this time of year! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.......
RIP C-Rod

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 04:45:53 pm »
I'm one of those in a northern climate, and I don't see why there would be a problem leaving the cover open for that time, unless it's a concern with the extra energy the tub would use.  But pay slowly over time (higher electric bill) or pay for a new cover more often.  

Also, letting the cover open like this is supposed to prolong the life of the pillows too, so I've read.  

I too am going for one of Doc's covers when it's time to renew.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 04:47:24 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 04:47:49 pm »
ok......how's this......northern clime with mature trees hovering over the tub area, ready to drop leaves, sticks and small furry critters in the tub at any moment...... ;)

Course......that could happen when we're IN the tub, too...  :-/
RIP C-Rod

Veeper

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 04:50:36 pm »
I live on the other side of the lake from you and get all the nice weather you send over here.  Plus, you have to add the lovely lake into this equation and you get some really cold and wierd weather. ;)

Well, do it for as long as you feel comfortable with.  The more time you let the shock burn off, the less gases that get trapped.  But seriously, this will prolong the life.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 04:50:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42