What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cal spa  (Read 4674 times)

bratroy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cal spa
« on: March 12, 2006, 05:24:45 pm »
I am looking at a Cal Spa V700. I have no idea what is a good or bad spa. Any Tips?

Hot Tub Forum

Cal spa
« on: March 12, 2006, 05:24:45 pm »

J._McD

Re: Cal spa
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 06:13:28 pm »
Recommend that you click on search and enter cal spa over the last 180 or 365 days and read what comes up.  That will give you a good starting point.

As with all Hot Tubs you could ask about the industries best and some will have good things to say and some will have negative things to say.  Rather than ask for opinions do a search and see what others have had to say.

nicker

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:36:03 pm »
to make it easier for you, STAY away from Cal Spa. There its that simple.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 02:56:26 pm »
I think it's best to look at other brands. :-[

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:07:03 pm »
here's a link for you....it's not all inclusive of the praise/problems encountered in any brand, but it's a start......

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl
RIP C-Rod

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:22:34 pm »
Wow, I forget from time to time about Cal spa. The local dealer (Oxnard) seems to be doing a good job: At least I don't get folks calling me for help like I used to.

But reading those reviews on Doc's web site reminded me that I will try not to bash a competitors product, but I will do my best to suggest other options beside Cal.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 11:03:37 pm »
I stumbled onto this by accident checking something else.  Interesting it's the only major spa mfr listed.  I didn't read every complaint.  Just in general found it interesting.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/pools.html

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 08:55:22 am »
Cliff Notes version of the complaints:
nickel and dime repairs... bait and switch...Cal spas repair guy ripped out insulation, tipped tub on side (left it that way for several weeks), broke siding, then said "too bad, broken siding is your fault", 2 months later another yokel replaced the insulation, but said (even more damage to cabinet) "90 day warranty on cabinet, too bad."...sharp edges on storage steps ordered by phone, now it's "no returns or exchanges"...second complaint about same...$9,500 spa with stereo that's been in repair shop for most of the year (claims that it's worked for 3 weeks out of the year), now it's not under warranty anymore, "too bad"....3 year old spa pump motor failed, cust told over phone "pump motor failed because seals had failed, and because of this, the 5 year warranty on the pump and motor.....POOF! no good." told he should've opened up the panel and checked for leaks EVERY TWO WEEKS...4 1/2 year old spa has shell with cracks in it, tech says it's not fixable, spa company dragging feet, offering half-arsed options...5 year old tub, 15 repairs, 4 of which new motors, service 'tech' broke siding to fix a leak, and customer has waited over a year for company to make good with fixing that..14 month old spa had 9 of 14 jets fall apart, no response from spa company...1 year old spa blown circuit board and topside controller, defunct blower, cover is trash, lifetime warranty heater DEAD, jets broken, controls lock up so power has to be toggled to make them work...

and on and on it goes.....most of these claim that they've had to call repeatedly to get ANY response, and when they DO get a response it's pretty much "hmm...you voided your warranty by (insert excuse here)" or "we'll look into it" which is followed by plenty of foot dragging.....

"DAD!!!!!!!! I WANNA GET A CAL SPA!!!!!!!"
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 08:55:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42