What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?  (Read 45440 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« on: March 12, 2005, 02:26:38 pm »
So I thought it's been a while and I thought it might be a good time to pass on who we all are, the company we're associated with, location and any other details you want to share. It's great to know for the newcomer's here as well as any new info we might not be aware of.

For you reg's that aren't industry people and are educated consumers, state your spa and how long you've had it and so on.

I'll start:

Company: Hydropool Hot Tubs & Swim Spas
Home: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Capacity: Dealer development partner for western Canada
History: Worked retail in one of Beachcomber's most successful stores for almost 9 years here locally but have taken on my new position with Hydropool as of Oct 2004.
I've been posting on this board for close to 3 years.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 02:29:27 pm by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« on: March 12, 2005, 02:26:38 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 02:54:01 pm »
I'm back and I'll play!

Company: East Texas Spa
Home: Longview, TX
Capacity: Branch Manager for a retail spa dealership selling HotSpring, Tiger River, Hot Spot, and Solana Spas
History: Was a manufacturer's rep for several companies (IBM, JST, Chicago White Metal, etc.)  I got tired of the high tech industry and decided to do something fun.  Let's see, what would I like to sell?  I got on the internet and sent resumes to cigar, bourbon, ice cream, chocolate, golf club, and gun companies.

One day, I heard Rush Limbaugh and Paul Harvey talking about HotSpring Spas.  That sounded fun!  Sent a resume to Watkins, the national sales manager called and asked if I would like a retail store.  I said yes.  Met with the local dealer, I liked them, they liked me, they built me a store, and I've been here 5 years.

What a great job we in the industry have!  I sell a great product by a great company and I have many, many customers who have improved their quality of life by using a spa I help provide.  I'm sure everyone else here feels the same way, and they should.

I just spent a wonderful week with some of my peers and came away feeling even better about my place in the world.  It has been the best (working) week of my life!

CEO (aka Terminator)
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

poolboy34

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 03:04:07 pm »
I'll play the name game too!!!

Company: Liverpool Pool & Spa
Home: Syracuse, NY
Capacity: Store Manager.  We sell Pools, Patio Furniture and Spas, as well as do water analysis, parts, and in store service.
History:  Been in the pool and spa biz for 3 years.  Started as a retail associate doing whatever was asked of me whether it was water analysis, parts, selling furniture, stocking, cleaning, etc...  Worked in the restaurant industry for close to 6 years.  First as a server and busboy/dishwasher, the as a head server.  Also worked at the Syracuse Zoo as a supervisor of Kids Birthday parties.  Worked one year for a non-profit environmental group.  Graduated with a bachelor of Science in natural Resource Mgmt & Policy from Paul Smith's College in 2000 and also earned an associates of applied science in Ecology & Environmental Technology from Paul Smith's in 1998.

I LOVE my job, and the people I work for.  I try to give as much unbiased information that I can, although I will admit that I tend to lean toward the brands we sell: Dimension One, Caldera, Nordic and Hawkeye.  And That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 03:08:51 pm »
I'll play, but only cuz Steve asked so nice 8)

Company: Factory Direct Hot Tub(Dimension 1, Coleman & Free Flow Spa)
Home:Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Capacity:Sales Manager
History:Entered the spa 'biz in May '02 selling Beachomber in Vaughan, Ontario. Moved to Burlington to sell the same products in Nov '03. March '04 the store became a D-1 dealer. Beachcomber dropped us because they frown on dealers selling multiple brands. June '05 the store became a Coleman dealer.
I've been posting here since June '04.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 03:58:01 pm »
Chas
Lives in Southern California.
HotSpring - and soon Caldera.
Know-it-all.
Verbose.
Likes quiet walks on a moonlit beach,
Loves small animals (if cooked properly)
and children (except in his stores).
Sensitive and Caring.
Gets along with people well, except some Canadians.
He and his wife have been married for 48 years:
24 each...

Has been in pool and spa biz for over twenty years, sold HotSpring beginning 1987.

Contractor, also owns some other businesses.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 04:28:16 pm »
JcDenton

Hot tub owner as of June 04'

Tub: Arctic Summit Signature Series

Remarks: Been coming here as a consumer for almost a year - great place for info on all aspects of purchasing and maintaining any hot tub

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 04:44:43 pm »
I guess I'll chime in.

Company is National Pools & Spas

Location: Princeton, NJ, with 4 other locations within 55 miles.

Capacity: Whatever it takes...

Began in the spa business back in 1979. Dad owned a pool store, didn't really care much for pools. Still don't.

Selling Sundance Spas since 1982, Marquis on and off since 1983, Nordic Hot Tubs since 1997 and soon to be adding Artesian Spas to a new location.

I love the fact that as a retailer, we deal with so many different issues regarding chemical problems and/ or concerns with all types of spas. Don't get very involved personally with sales anymore, although I seem to sell about 50-70 spas a year.

I just enjoy the retail selling environment, my family, although I still don't spend alot enough time with them, I seem to be always working or at least at the office. And I still love the game of golf, even though, I admit to not being very good at it. It is truly a pleasurable career, this hot tub thing.

I think as I go into my mid 40's I will spend less time in the business and more time with my family. I think I've earned it.

AND, I am really enjoying this forum, this is my daily relaxation, while in the offfice. Thanks to all of you...
Keep up the good work!

hottubber.. ;D  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 04:47:03 pm by hottubber »

ArcherC

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 05:03:31 pm »
Hello All,
I am new to this forum but already have great respect for the people who post here.  This is what there is to know about me.

Company: Pool World

Home: Coeur d'Alene Idaho, (We also have 3 Stores in Spokane Washington.

Capacity: Branch Manager, We sell just about everything pool and spa related. We sell Hot Spring, Tiger River, Caldera, and Solana Spas, Telescope Furniture, Doughboy AG Pools and custom inground pools, as well as toys, chemicals and accessories.

History: I started in the business four years ago as a water tester and worked my way up. I love my job and the products that I sell. The company I work for is a full service company and stands behind what the say and sell, so I don't come to work worried about having to forgive myself for cheating people out of hard earned money.

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 05:48:52 pm »
Company: Construction
Home: P,Cola, Fl.
Capacity: Supt. for commercial contractor
History: I've worked in constuction seems like all my life
Owner.. Hot Springs Envoy 04
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 07:55:34 am by flajoker »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 07:56:13 pm »

I'm not in the spa biz, but am an Optima owner since spring of 2003.  

I live in the 'burbs' outside of Minneapolis.
I work for a very large insurance company home office, in the IT area, mostly testing software modifications.

In addition to hot tubbing, I also like to brew beer, and build things around the house.

Brewman

Brewman

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »
Consumer here!

Home:  Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Spa:  HotSpring Vanguard since September of 2003
Posting:  Since July of 2003.  This is where I got the idea to wet test!  I just liked everyone so much and got addicted, so ...ya'll are stuck with me!

I am a purchasing manager for an automotive refinish distributor (in case anyone is wondering why I am the resident 3M expert)!

P.S.  Thanks for starting this Steve!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 08:24:12 pm »
 I just liked everyone so much and got addicted, so ...ya'll are stuck with me!

And we're all better off because of it! :-*

P.S.  Thanks for starting this Steve!

It took me a few weeks to come up with the title but thanks... ;) It's interesting learning more about everyone isn't it? :)

Steve
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 08:25:58 pm by Steve »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 08:25:27 pm »

And we're all better off because of it! :-*

It took me a few weeks to come up with the title but thanks... ;)

Steve

:-* :-*
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 09:50:07 pm »
Stuart
I own a dealership selling Marquis, D1, Elite and Greatlakes. In addition to billiards, grills, sunrooms, children’s play sets, fire pits and saunas.

Currently have a 15,000 sq. ft. store that I merged 2 stores into and opening another in June.

Have been doing this for over 16 years. Been a Delivery boy, Technician, Show Salesman on a road team, Factory Rep and Store owner in addition to being a spa owner my whole life! 8) 8)

Been married to a wonderful woman for 7 years and have the coolest 5 year old daughter in the world!

I have worked in many fields including 10 years of Navy, Nuclear Metrology, Welder, Mechanic (diesel and gas), Office Equipment technician/salesman/business owner, landscaping, Ranching, Blacksmith, Advertising, Alarm systems and a few MLM business's along the way.

Survived some extraordinary circumstances and found success through the grace of God…Hope to grow up and be a complete person by the time I’m 50!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 10:22:12 am »
Another consumer.

Home: Southeastern Massachusetts
Tub: 2002 Sundance Optima
History:  I've been posting here since '02

I am involved in construction and recreation businesses.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 10:22:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42