What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic spas  (Read 22799 times)

crapjack

• good stuff
Arctic spas
« on: July 26, 2005, 09:51:28 pm »
Hi all! I am looking at buying an Arctic "Yukon" elite and am wondering how other Arctic spa owners like their tubs-any issues. I live in Northern Ontario Canada and it can get quite cold in winter averaging -20 celcius.  The Arctic seems to have some good cold weather features--the way they insulate TP and keeping pump in heated air space in case of power outage in winter hate for pump and plumbing to freeze and thick covers, which have caught my attention.  Just looking for some feedback from other Arctic owners and or other cold weather spa owners on what to look for.

thanks for your help
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 10:31:57 pm by crapjack »

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic spas
« on: July 26, 2005, 09:51:28 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Arctic spas
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 12:29:48 am »
Here's one question that you can try and get answered as I have never been able to.

They rely so heavily on the pumps keeping this empty space within the spa heated in the brutal cold of Northern Ontario.

That being said, when, in your mind, do the pumps generate a great deal of heat? I'll give you this one...when they are running on high speed. So, assuming you are using your spa and hour a day, everyday (which is VERY high usage), then what is keeping that empty cabinet warm for the other 23 hours per day at -30 C when those pumps are not running at all or on a low, circulation speed?

We know these spas are not 100% thermally sealed and any reputable Arctic salesperson will agree. They need to cool the pumps as well as inject air into that cabinet for air injection into the jets.

Ask that one question to your salesman and I'd love to hear the response if you get it. I've never had an Arctic salesperson that could clearly explain this to me in all the years. Thanks.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:31:37 am by Steve »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 09:08:17 am »
Ok so I believe the question, was owners how do you like the quality of the spa.  Mine is coming today.  I cant wait.  

When considering this tub, dont buy into the crap about best insulated and the most superior tub.  I would honestly have to say that most tubs out there are on equal playing fields.

So lets cut out the tp vs. ff debate.  The tub is well built, looks great and has  alot to offer.  You are supporting a nice canadian built product which is nice as well.

Oh and lets not forget the dealers out there.  You will hear many leave messages that say, "you tell me where...  or you tell me how...."

Your question was posted right.  You asked owners about them not dealers.  So for the sake of keeping this post from going like all the other ones that have the word ARCTIC in them, lets let people like JCDENTON, and SPAZZ answer his question.

I just get so dissapointed from you dealers that think that your product is the best and come on here and slam a product rather than giving any sound info.  

So Steve, what details can you provide about how they are as an owner of one.  You look like you sell hydropools.  Hows buisness.  You must be raking it in with sales approach like that.  Why dont you focus your time and energy on other things than waiting for an arctic post to hit and then slam it.

I agree with you, the sales pitches and tactics are a little out there.  Who wants to see a goofy sales guy jumping on the top.  And anyone who has an education that the stats that Arctic has have been worked to represent them in a positive manor.  But lets face it, who doesnt.  Thats the beauty of stats.

So what about the users.  How many times have you heard an owner come on here and say that the product was garbage or that the service was terrible.  I can recall one post that a guy was upset with his tub and the factory gave him a brand new one.

So to me, I would have to say good quality tubs, happy customers, and great customer support.

The tp vs. ff debate has been destroyed here.  Many tub companies now offer the option.  

So the next time someone comes on and asks about your tub brand that you sell, should I slam the product to be at your level.  Look back in the post that was just brought up about your brand.  I offered my thoughts based on a relatives expierence as well as a friends from work.

Sorry to be so long winded Steve, but emails like yours just get under my skin and dissapoint me.  The hole purpose of this forum is to assist people, not to discourage them.  After all that is your job once they come to your store.  

Please lets consider being a little less buisness driven here and lets help people that truly need it.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:26:26 am »
There is a lot of comments on Artic vs other spas.  I'm not an Artic salesperson, nor an owner.  I did breifley look at an Artic when shopping for a new tub.

A neighbor of a familly member has a Artic tub.   He has it outside on his deck in N.E. After 1.5 years he's says he's happy with it.   No major problems.

I found the tub to be a bit loud for me. Also it seemed a bit expesive for what you were getting.  I ended up buy a Caspain by Tiger River. It's a smaller tub, but has full foam insualtion, (quieter, and depending on who you talk to, better insulation qualities) a 24 hour circ pump and cheaper.

Take a look at the Artic line, but don't rule out others such as Hotspring before you make your final decision. :)
07 Caldera Geneva

fatman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 09:29:22 am »
I have been shopping for a hot tub for the better part of a year now and have looked at D-1, Jac, Nordic, Marquis, Bullfrog, Royal, Artesian, Cal, Caldera, Viking, Master Spa, Coleman, Emerald, Arctic, HS, Great Lakes and Thermospa on TV. In terms of overall construction, Arctic is the best with Emerald a very close second. Do yourself a favor and email the Arctic owners in the review section. That will give you honest customer opinion and no dealer opinion which is what you are asking for.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 10:07:55 am »
Ok so I believe the question, was owners how do you like the quality of the spa.  Mine is coming today.  I cant wait.  

When considering this tub, dont buy into the crap about best insulated and the most superior tub.  I would honestly have to say that most tubs out there are on equal playing fields.

Ignoring the rest of the troll, just stick with what is above.  The hyperbole surrounding arctic is incorrect, as you, an "almost-arctic-owner" so clearly pointed out.

Too many people come here with the starting point of "Arctic is better engineered" and "Arctic is the best when it comes to cold climates" and it is not true, again, as you yourself have pointed out.

It is not a TP versus FF issue.  There are TP manufacturers out there that don't do it like Arctic.  It's myopic to think there is only one style of TP, and Steve pointed out a valid  and *never* answered question about Arctic spas.

If they are going to sell the idea that in a power outage their spas hold up better, they are, in my opinion, lying and selling based on fear.  Want one particular reason why this is a problem with the Arcit design? Go up some and read Steve's post.

Not only are there equivalently insulated tubs out there, but there are *better* insulated tubs out there, and I can try and show you that using their own "independent" study.

Crapjack, the only valid Arctic salespoint you mentioned was that the Arctic spa comes with a thicker cover standard.  Make no mistake, it's not a freebie and it is factored into the price.  Upgrade any other quality tub (HS comes to mind) with a similarly thick cover and you have a far better insulated hot tub.  

Disclaimer: I own a HS, but I don't have anything vested in what kind of tub you buy.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:48:44 am by ebirrane »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 10:51:06 am »
I just get so dissapointed from you dealers that think that your product is the best and come on here and slam a product rather than giving any sound info.  

Apologies for the double post, but you do realize that in recent history the most caustic, myopic, and insulting dealers that have posted on this forum have been Arctic dealers.

You do realize this, right?

You have been reading the other threads, right?

You do, uh, know how to use the search feature, right?

:o

Astonished....

-Ed

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 11:07:28 am »
Don't get your panties in a knot bosco...it was a simple question that was asked nicely IMO and I would like answered. If a consumer researching spas can't answer it, they should find out.

Can you answer it? Obviously not so you chose to become argumentitive about it. It's a simple question without slamming anyone. Sheeesh man, take freakin pill. ::)

Steve

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 11:07:55 am »
I have been shopping for a hot tub for the better part of a year now and have looked at D-1, Jac, Nordic, Marquis, Bullfrog, Royal, Artesian, Cal, Caldera, Viking, Master Spa, Coleman, Emerald, Arctic, HS, Great Lakes and Thermospa on TV. In terms of overall construction, Arctic is the best with Emerald a very close second.
 I believe what Fatman meant to say was that in his humble opinion, the pitch that he was sold by Actic lead him to believe that the overall construction of the Arctic was "The Best" with the Emerald a close second. ;)  Afterall, I think Kraft Mac and Cheese is the best, and my wife prefers Velveeta. ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 11:31:39 am »
Just looking for some feedback from other Arctic owners and or other cold weather spa owners on what to look for.

Keep the opinions coming.

Sorry Bosco, this guy asked for help from not only Arctic owners but ALL those who have cold weather spas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 11:38:01 am »
 I believe what Fatman meant to say was that in his humble opinion, the pitch that he was sold by Actic lead him to believe that the overall construction of the Arctic was "The Best" with the Emerald a close second. ;)  Afterall, I think Kraft Mac and Cheese is the best, and my wife prefers Velveeta. ;D

I know a guy in Colorado who buys generic boxes of Mac & Cheese and relabels them as Heavenly CheezyMac and tries to convince everyone it is the Food of the Gods. He only sells about 4 cases a month, mostly to people who camp outside Roswell waiting for the spaceship to come take them away.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 11:40:41 am »

I know a guy in Colorado who buys generic boxes of Mac & Cheese and relabels them as Heavenly CheezyMac and tries to convince everyone it is the Food of the Gods. He only sells about 4 cases a month, mostly to people who camp outside Roswell waiting for the spaceship to come take them away.
Now, the only question is:  Is that Heavenly Cheesy Mac "FDA" listed, I mean approved??? ;D

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 11:48:10 am »
I do read the posts and if you checked a search, when those artic people come on, im the first one to criticise them.  

Dont treat me like some fool.  I have been on this board and have read every post.

astonished is people like you that just sit around and wait for a kill.  

bottom line is they are buying into something that we all share a common interest in.  The problem being that some dealers would rather slam another product rather than explaining to people.

So bottom line as all of my posts have been, the best tub is the one that fits you and your needs.  I could care less if it was a home depot tub.  

If you do a search, honestly do one.   Anytime I come on about Arctic, I am the first to talk about thier BS sales pitches and claims to be the best.  

It was the best tub for me, I just dont appreciate hearing everytime the word ARCTIC is mentioned that they are crap, or they are inferior tubs.  

Sorry to make you angry but I think you may be a little out of line on your post there ebirrane.  Dont treat me with disrespect or like an idiot, I would never do that to you or anbody else.  Your opinions are one thing, but to try to insult is just down right rediculous.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 11:54:52 am »
steve my panties are not in a bunch as you so nicely put it.

Think as a consumer who purchased a product.  Every time I log on, someone is arguing about Arctic Spas.  If you dont like them thats fine by me.  

I agree that the sales pitches are bull shit and that many customers are misinformed.  But lets not slam a hole product because of it.  You guys make me feel like I have purchased a crappy tub from a guy in Colorado.  I would honestly argue in my opinion that Arctic is a great tub.  

I am sorry for getting upset with you Steve and I dont try to make waves with people.  I am non confrontational and maybe my post might of sounded a little hostile, it was not my intentions.  It is just frustrating having to read post after post slamming the product I just bought.  

Sorry again Steve, just frustrated.  I guess it is hard to be excited about my new arrival when I see posts always discouraging arctic.

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 11:55:40 am »

So lets cut out the tp vs. ff debate.  The tub is well built, looks great and has  alot to offer.  You are supporting a nice canadian built product which is nice as well.

Oh and lets not forget the dealers out there.  You will hear many leave messages that say, "you tell me where...  or you tell me how...."

Your question was posted right.  You asked owners about them not dealers.  So for the sake of keeping this post from going like all the other ones that have the word ARCTIC in them, lets let people like JCDENTON, and SPAZZ answer his question.

So Steve, what details can you provide about how they are as an owner of one.  You look like you sell hydropools.  Hows buisness.  You must be raking it in with sales approach like that.  Why dont you focus your time and energy on other things than waiting for an arctic post to hit and then slam it.

I agree with you, the sales pitches and tactics are a little out there.  Who wants to see a goofy sales guy jumping on the top.  And anyone who has an education that the stats that Arctic has have been worked to represent them in a positive manor.  But lets face it, who doesnt.  Thats the beauty of stats.

So what about the users.  How many times have you heard an owner come on here and say that the product was garbage or that the service was terrible.  I can recall one post that a guy was upset with his tub and the factory gave him a brand new one.

So to me, I would have to say good quality tubs, happy customers, and great customer support.

The tp vs. ff debate has been destroyed here.  Many tub companies now offer the option.  

So the next time someone comes on and asks about your tub brand that you sell, should I slam the product to be at your level.  Look back in the post that was just brought up about your brand.  I offered my thoughts based on a relatives expierence as well as a friends from work.

Sorry to be so long winded Steve, but emails like yours just get under my skin and dissapoint me.  The hole purpose of this forum is to assist people, not to discourage them.  After all that is your job once they come to your store.  

Please lets consider being a little less buisness driven here and lets help people that truly need it.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You should have bought a MASTER thats a lot of fun watchin the kids run around throwin junk  kickin and screamin like .............well ..........like .........kids  ;D  its really comical ......all ya gotta do is put MASTER, ARTIC, ***SPAS,CAL SPA, etc. and watch the fireworks, name callin fire breathing children come out ...............

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 11:55:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42