What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic spas  (Read 22798 times)

shabba34

Re: Arctic spas
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 01:55:42 pm »
I'd like to see members who are salesmen or own thier own dealership be identified somehow.  Yea, some people will pose as customers,but for the most part it helps me keep straight who's a dealer, and who's a consumer.
HS dealer, South Florida, soon to be vacationing dealer in the Outer banks 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2005, 01:55:42 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2005, 02:10:48 pm »
I'm a shopper posing as a know it all industry insider with an attitude. ;D

Steve

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 02:35:58 pm »
HS dealer, South Florida, soon to be vacationing dealer in the Outer banks 8)

Thanks Pkud. I was thinking more along the lines of soemthing in our sig areas. It makes it easier when reading replies where they are comming from.

just a suggestion.
07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 02:44:49 pm »
Better Drewstar?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 02:55:40 pm »

Ah, so you sell sofa's too?

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

fatman

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 04:07:36 pm »
Ownership has everything to do with what you or I or anyone else feels a quality spa is.  For all I know, a rolls can be a piece of sh##, I never owned one.  You see, I had nothing to base my opinion on.  Get it!!! ;)

Have a beer and mellow out. Sheeesh! We are talking hot tubs here not life and death issues. Ease up.

shabba34

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 04:14:37 pm »
Have a beer and mellow out. Sheeesh! We are talking hot tubs here not life and death issues. Ease up.
First one's on me ;)

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2005, 04:21:11 pm »
That's true to a certain extent, but it is usually precipitated by a supposed "shopper" quoting the company/dealer sales pitches as fact (see the original post here), which brings out quick rebuttals.  The usual pattern is for the original "just looking for info" poster to defend their product, which seems unusual if they were truly looking for help.  Unfortunately, the antics of these "pot-stirrers" makes it hard for you happy owners to  look forward to reading a thread with your brand in the title.  If you read this board regularly, I think you'd have to agree the folks that you just branded "name callin children" actually put in quite a bit of time providing help and information, while the "attacked  posters" seldom contribute beyond their own threads.  Whose motives should be questioned?

FYI, I have no skin in this game.  I'm a consumer that owns a brand not often discussed on this forum.  I just appreciate the efforts of MOST of the industry people on this forum.

While I will agree with most of what you said. It was sort of a half hearted joking responce ....... notice the smiley face. I understand and appreciate the Pros for their time and effort on the board.......enough......... it was tounge in cheek I am sorry if it  offended  you or any of the other kids  ;) ;D<<<<<<<<< insert smile/ wink here<<<<  

Gary

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2005, 05:49:58 pm »
I've got to weigh in here even though I'm reluctant to do so. These threads have become tiresome and repetitive. I am quite confident that I represent the only Arctic owner who has consistently frequented this site over the past year.

It's kinda like the sasquatch and the smart blonde girl syndrome - you hear alot about both of them but you never, ever see one. Well, I'm not the smart blonde, but this sasquatch has owned his tub for over a year and it has been wonderful. Our electrical bills are relatively unnoticed, the water is hot when I get in and stays hot when I'm not, the dealer is a phone-call away should I need any advice or service. I've had a few small things go awray ( hi-limit sensor was bad) but nothing that wasn't fixed quickly and professionally.

The inside of the cabinent is nice and warm regardless of 20 above or 20 below. It also looks terrific (especially with a new coat of stain). I don't expect the cover to last forever, and I anticipate a leak at some point. If and when that happens, I also anticipate that it should be relatively painless to deal with, but time will tell.

I give you my honest opinion as I having nothing to gain or lose by it. If you are shopping for a tub, I suggest you look at everything before you decide what's best for you. We have really enjoyed our experience so far.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

fletch49

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2005, 07:59:12 pm »
I've got to weigh in here even though I'm reluctant to do so. These threads have become tiresome and repetitive. I am quite confident that I represent the only Arctic owner who has consistently frequented this site over the past year.

It's kinda like the sasquatch and the smart blonde girl syndrome - you hear alot about both of them but you never, ever see one. Well, I'm not the smart blonde, but this sasquatch has owned his tub for over a year and it has been wonderful. Our electrical bills are relatively unnoticed, the water is hot when I get in and stays hot when I'm not, the dealer is a phone-call away should I need any advice or service. I've had a few small things go awray ( hi-limit sensor was bad) but nothing that wasn't fixed quickly and professionally.

The inside of the cabinent is nice and warm regardless of 20 above or 20 below. It also looks terrific (especially with a new coat of stain). I don't expect the cover to last forever, and I anticipate a leak at some point. If and when that happens, I also anticipate that it should be relatively painless to deal with, but time will tell.

I give you my honest opinion as I having nothing to gain or lose by it. If you are shopping for a tub, I suggest you look at everything before you decide what's best for you. We have really enjoyed our experience so far.

Jc

Ditto! I've said it many times...You'll be hard pressed to find an unhappy AS owner. Most people that criticize AS wouldn't know one if they fell in it. With the exception of Steve. Arctic Spa is a pretty big competitor with Hydropool in my neck of the woods...so in keeping with the industry, I kind of expect it from a Hydropool guy.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2005, 11:53:53 pm »
Thanks fletch. I do pride myself on staying in tune with alternate methods of how companies promote themselves as sales, business strategies and marketing is my niche.
I do agree that Hydropool people know their stuff. ;)

Steve

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 03:11:52 am »
well steve i would argue that Budz in my area does not fit that mold you are talking about.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2005, 12:05:59 pm »
well steve i would argue that Budz in my area does not fit that mold you are talking about.

Budz has been around a long time. Spas are not their priority. Pools, servicing their thousands of customers and chemistry for their pool and spa customers are their priorty. They know the product is solid as they have sold it for years. I bet they could care less if you bought a spa from them.

Your Arctic dealer is not as mature a business and would likely fight for the sale and service you better than Bud would have.

I have not been a customer of Bud, I am just going by what I have heard through industry contacts and customers of theirs I met while working in Burlington.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2005, 06:24:35 am »
I'm not the smart blonde, but this sasquatch has owned his tub for over a year and it has been wonderful. Our electrical bills are relatively unnoticed, the water is hot when I get in and stays hot when I'm not, the dealer is a phone-call away should I need any advice or service. I've had a few small things go awray ( hi-limit sensor was bad) but nothing that wasn't fixed quickly and professionally.

Jc

Sounds just like my tub and it's not an Arctic. Matter of fact it sounds like a whole lot of tubs that are not Arctic's. The reason I have so much trouble with them is most are convinced there are the end all tub when they are simple....like alot of tubs except more expensive and noisier.

No offense to anyone just my opinion.
Retired

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 02:54:01 pm »
What would be nice is to be able to have a posting member with an 8 to 10 year old Arctic that still performs like yours JC! Unfortunately I don't think that is a possibility but would welcome it.

Having a 2 to 3 year reputation is easy...making it past that is where it gets a bit tough.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2005, 02:54:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42