What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is Going On!!  (Read 5432 times)

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
What is Going On!!
« on: July 27, 2005, 10:52:10 am »
I am having a hard time understanding where all the customers are!  Our sales have slowed down tremedously in July!  I don't know if this trend is going on everywhere or if it is just in Texas.  We sold 12 hot tubs last month and this month we've sold 3 tubs.  I do not understand how sells could drop off so drastically.  July was our best month last year, now it may be our worst.  :(

Does anyone have any answers?  To those of you on here that have recently bought a spa, what helped your decision in purchasing a spa.  Was it a newspaper ad, TV commercial, direct mail, or just driving around.  

I would appreciate any input that you guys might have.

Hot Tub Forum

What is Going On!!
« on: July 27, 2005, 10:52:10 am »

Chris_H

Re: What is Going On!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 11:10:18 am »
Only 12 in June.  Is that a lot?

tootall

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 11:10:32 am »
Some thoughts on this. I work as a mortgage broker right now is our busy season July is by farthe best month for refi's and for buying. what may be the slow down for you is this 1. people are wanting to get chash out of there homes to make a large purchace. or two people are out on vacation and need all the money for gas ;D thats my two cents worth. and what made me want to buy was coustomer service. during and now after the sale. My spa is not yet even set up yet,long story for another post. and now my wife might get a job in another town 2 hours from were I live I asked my dealer how much would he charge me to move my tub and he took out a invoice and wrote free moving of spa to new house with no experation date. that service. and he signed. and yes I drove around no tv ad no news paper flyer. just driving around

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 11:16:39 am »
Hi Texas.

I think it's because of the heat your sales is dropping off, don't worry I'm sending all my hope that you'll sell a bunch soon.  ;) I'm a consumer that just recently purchased a Coleman 461, my main reason for purchasing a hot tub is to get some relief from my chronic back pain that I'm dealing with at the moment. What helped my decision in purchasing this spa was my dealer..he is also the lead guy on tech (I think it's just him and his wife that own the store...it's a very small store to be honest they sell pool tables and accessories also) Anytime I need help he's quick to give me an answer and doesn't put me off (I like to call it being put on ignore). Service was a HUGE selling point in my mind, you can have the best product out there but you have to be able to follow up with great service too.  For most of us consumers, a hot tub is a big purchase and we want to feel like we can depend on our dealer, that he/she isn't going to forget us or we don't just become a number after we've written out the check. Hope this helps...that's my view!

BP

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 11:40:20 am »
Only 12 in June.  Is that a lot?

12 may very well be a good month for their market.  I believe they're down in Conroe, not exactly a huge metropolitan area.

Texas Tubs, we've slowed down the last couple of weeks, too.  School starts earlier this year than in years past and I think that, coupled with the tremendous heat, has slowed traffic.  Overall, the year has been very good.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

txwillie

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 11:46:52 am »
 I believe they're down in Conroe, not exactly a huge metropolitan area.
Terminator

You must not have been to Conroe lately. It is now just another north Houston suburb.

txwillie

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 12:12:43 pm »
You must not have been to Conroe lately. It is now just another north Houston suburb.

txwillie

I guess I haven't.  I probably need to get out more. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

txwillie

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 12:20:30 pm »
Seems like I read that Tyler/Longview is next on the annexation list. They will probably just rename Texas to Houston

txwillie

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 12:23:51 pm »
Thanks for all of the replies!  Sorry I  should have mentioned we are a fairly new Caldera Dealer north of Houston.  12 spas in a month is actually pretty good I think for a new dealer (January 06' will be our third year).  And, Caldera is a Higher Priced Spa.  We also sold about 11 above ground pools, and a few Softubs.  

But it seems to me whether you are in business for 2 years or 20 years the trends tend to be the same around the spa market.  Or are there dealers out there selling a Huge amount of Spas this month.  If you are I would like to know what kind of advertising and marketing ideas you have :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 12:54:51 pm »
It has been slow in Southern Cal as well.

:'(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 12:54:59 pm »
July has traditionally been a good month for us.......until this year! Traffic is down big time. The heat I'm sure is a factor, along with the fact that Michigan leads the country in unemployment. Hooray for us!!!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

shabba34

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 12:56:56 pm »
July has traditionally been a good month for us.......until this year! Traffic is down big time. The heat I'm sure is a factor, along with the fact that Michigan leads the country in unemployment. Hooray for us!!!!
If the Pistons only would have won the championship, what a different story it would be. ;D

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 01:04:10 pm »
The truth is all of the customers are new dealers for *****spas and selling to themselves.Most are doing their own modifications in their garages.LOL
-SpaMan~

shabba34

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 01:50:07 pm »
 Or are there dealers out there selling a Huge amount of Spas this month.  If you are I would like to know what kind of advertising and marketing ideas you have :)
Many dealers in the next 3 months will sell 50-200 units due to fair season.  Some markets are just more condusive to larger numbers.  I will never do these #'s for the fact that I have the same Mfg 29 miles north and 31 miles south of me.  Bummer  :'(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 02:48:49 pm by pkud »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 04:00:47 pm »
Hang a huge sign off the side of one of your yachts?  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 04:00:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42