What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fees for Warranty Service  (Read 19075 times)

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Fees for Warranty Service
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2005, 09:49:18 am »
Gosh,
How about the high price electricians charge for laying a wire thru the attic, drilling two holes, counnecting both ends, and slapping a GFCI on the wall. And having the grapes to charge $550 to $850. for a simple job.
Now if it has to go under concrete maybe that would be appropriate cost. Greed has a way of paying back. Vengence is mine sayth the Lord.

Dick

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2005, 09:49:18 am »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2005, 09:50:05 am »

Did I say that YOU didn't tell them up front? It was a general observation.   "Calm down, Francis. "

Who was I being disrepectful to? Unless you are my fictious neghbor, I'd get over it.  Sounds like a personal problem to me....

Actually, I think it's "Lighten up, Francis".
Stripes, right?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2005, 09:58:29 am »

Actually, I think it's "Lighten up, Francis".
Stripes, right?

Bingo.  ;)

07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2005, 10:06:59 am »
Gosh,
How about the high price electricians charge for laying a wire thru the attic, drilling two holes, counnecting both ends, and slapping a GFCI on the wall. And having the grapes to charge $550 to $850. for a simple job.
Now if it has to go under concrete maybe that would be appropriate cost. Greed has a way of paying back. Vengence is mine sayth the Lord.

Dick

A decent licensed electircan gets about 50-75 bucks and hour here in MA, plus material.  My guy charges me $50 and I'm happy with him.

$850  sounds a bit high for a "typical" hot tub job?
07 Caldera Geneva

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2005, 10:22:22 am »
If you need to upgrade your electrical service and/or install a new breaker box it's a flat fee around here: $800, +/- $50.  I called a bunch of electricians.

You need to be licensed to do the work, and permits must be filed, and that's the going rate! Ugh.

-Ed

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2005, 10:26:52 am »
Everybody thinks we are getting ungodly rich in this business catering to customer needs, when it cost us money to run and operate a business and they don't want to help us stay in business.  I wish there was a way, but as long as we rely on shoppers who want the lowest price to become customers that want everything at no charge, we are only going to go out of business and not be there for you.

Just to make sure I understand this, and I'll be brief to try and cut down on misunderstanding:

The charge levied is meant to generate a revenue stream.
The need for this extra revenue stream is possibly tied to cutting prices on hot tubs.

Now, I'll rephrase the above:

In order to make sales, I will charge less up front and then make the money back with unexpected fees later on. To keep things civil, I will go out of my way to be polite to those paying these unexpected charges. Oh, and I'm being civil out of pure altruism because my customers have no other alternative for warranty work, leaving them stuck with no repairs or a $45 repair.  So, I could be decidedly uncivil about it, and some dealers *are*, but I'm not that kinda guy.

That still seems fuzzy to me, but I do understand your argument of: "I'm a nice guy. Please give me money."

-Ed
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 10:30:48 am by ebirrane »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2005, 11:25:44 am »
If you need to upgrade your electrical service and/or install a new breaker box it's a flat fee around here: $800, +/- $50.  I called a bunch of electricians.

You need to be licensed to do the work, and permits must be filed, and that's the going rate! Ugh.

-Ed

Supply and demand.  Around here, construction has been booming for several years.  There is plenty of work, and the trades can pick and choose what they want to work on.  Job like spa wiring see pretty easy, and probably are, but still take up time- the electrician could probably make more during that same time period working on a larger project.  So the bids on smaller jobs tend to creep up in response.  At times, it was difficult getting anyone to even show up for bids.  
A couple years ago you couldn't get a drywall crew to even consider a small job- they all were busy on new houses.  Those that did show gave unbelievably high estimates becase they could.  
One of the nice things about being a DIY'er, I don't have to deal with that so much.
Brewman
Brewman

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2005, 01:16:38 pm »
Illegals,

what we need here in this country are a lot more illegals with experience.

Open the borders to them.

Cut costs for the american people.

Dick

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2005, 01:31:34 pm »
I for one will not screw around wasting my valuable time trying to deal with dealers or mfgs on solving a problem if not acted on within a proper time.

I will just hand it over to my son in law (lawyer) and deal it that way. They can than pay all the necessary fees.

Dick

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2005, 01:37:31 pm »
I for one will not screw around wasting my valuable time trying to deal with dealers or mfgs on solving a problem if not acted on within a proper time.

I will just hand it over to my son in law (lawyer) and deal it that way. They can than pay all the necessary fees.

Dick

you seem to be REALLY, REALLY negative toward spas/dealers in general. mind if i ask what happened to give you this..."outlook" ?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2005, 01:38:08 pm »

Dick

It sure would have been interesting if you'd have bought from JA.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2005, 01:39:48 pm »
Wtching to see if this thread will die a natural death.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2005, 01:40:55 pm »
Do not feed the trolls. Something isn't right.

We've been fighting too much in here and it's starting to attrack trolls and lessen the credibility of the dealers in here.

07 Caldera Geneva

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2005, 03:28:15 pm »
Obi Won,

No really....Just preparing for when I get my Spa in about three weeks.

With all the american crap I have purchased over time like cars, chairs, computers, monitors, cameria, missing parts, broken, cracked, oh well why should I complain about MADE IN USA.

Dick

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2005, 03:28:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42