What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Well it's been a month now and.....  (Read 2955 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Well it's been a month now and.....
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:10:25 pm »
I am truly loving this Coleman hot tub!! It's been a god send I can at least get confortable a little more than without it! I've struggled a little bit with the chems but..I think it's a learning process with them, I will soon be comfortable with how to get them to go the way I want. As much as I'm using it (4-5 times per day every day) my electric has been about 45 more a month this month and my water is about 5 bucks more. Not to bad I was figuring alot more than that! Hubby says it's worth every penny cause it's helping me out a bit so it's all good!

The one thing I have noticed is that my Coleman with the Thermal panel insulation seems to keep the tub at a warm 99 degrees, I can get it to creep down to about 94 but, I can't get it to go any lower which come winter I will be very glad I went this way. So, that's my first month with the 461 gang....I'm truly loving my spa!

BP

Hot Tub Forum

Well it's been a month now and.....
« on: August 04, 2005, 12:10:25 pm »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: Well it's been a month now and.....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:14:02 pm »
Great news, Backpains!  I'm glad the tub is helping and that you are enjoying it.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 12:36:04 pm »
I'm glad you spa has made a differerence in your life too Backpains. Don't sweat the chems, you're doing fine.

I would like to add this, you've dumped the spa twice in a month, plus your first fresh fill on delivery. This means you've had three complete from tap to 100 degree water warm ups. This will affect your electric bill quite a bit. Your bill will go down as you get longer and longer time periods with your water. As you stated your heater isn't having to come on much now at all, but the hardest it's had to work has been on the water changes.

I would think your electric should be closer to $25.00 to $30.00 this winter. :D ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 01:14:59 pm »
Glad to hear you're enjoyin' it.

As has already been said, the chems get easier with time.

;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 01:25:19 pm »
Good news, Backpains. I am glad your spa is working out for you.  I have been lurking (sp?) for awhile and have ALWAYS enjoyed your posts.  I have back problems myself (not anywhere near yours) and I can't imagine what you go through daily.  We have looked at Coleman, HS, Marquis, Sundance, and D1. No decision yet but I will have one by the time the snow flies.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 03:25:43 pm »
thanks gang it's a very vaery hot day today and I'm sooo thinking about hitting my tub, btw it's a wonderful...95 degrees, and I think it's time for a dip since I've done my duty for the day and taken what I call the MONSTER over to the laundrymat for it's swim (I made this HUGE comforter two years ago because hubby keeps stealing the blankets in the witner time and it take a triple loading washer to clean the darned thing!)

I agree spahappy I'm truly thinking that hubby isn't going to have to find a second job Yet! hehe ;D I hope to see it fall after this month, because I think I have my water down to what I need it to be.

Drprwnap.....quit your lurking!!! Come on out and play now don't be shy darn it! lol It's so nice to see my fan base seems to grow every day and I seem to amuse you all now if I could only learn how to make it work for me LOL Money makes the world go round kids!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 03:25:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42