What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I hate Cal Spa !  (Read 9351 times)

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
I hate Cal Spa !
« on: June 02, 2005, 08:24:15 pm »
A new reason not to buy from this scum.

I ordered 10 new jets (forget about the fact that I have now had to replace 12 jets in 2.5 years).  They came wrong and were returned - ok shit happens.

Now two months later they do not respond to emails and when I call their retail store (from which you must order - I am told to go to corporate - who doesn't answer).

Two months later no jets, no information no f**kin customer service - I guess they spell it customer's cervix - because they are screwing me again.

Bottom line they take your money then they disappear - even if you pay in advace for your parts.

Hot Tub Forum

I hate Cal Spa !
« on: June 02, 2005, 08:24:15 pm »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
Re: I hate Cal Spa !
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 08:35:59 pm »
ouch!
How do you know how much you don't know?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 09:18:13 pm »
Well at least they are consistant....

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 10:22:36 pm »
I can't believe they're still in business with all the bad press they continually get.  I don't get it? ???
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 05:47:58 am »
Remember there are hundreds of thousands of tub buyers that do not know a thing about these web pages we frequent. A very very small percentage of buyers visits these type sites before or after there purchase. More and more are but it's still small.
Retired

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 08:47:49 am »
Dino,
Just curious, who is your current local dealer?  I know your original dealer is out of business.
Thanks,
Chris

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 10:39:59 am »
Basically I have no local dealer - Central Jersey (from whom a number of we fellow screwee's bought) is too far away and wants lots of $$$ for a service call as does Hi-Tech (Larry is great but who needs a service call to screw in 10 jets).

Pelican now carries CalSPa locally but will not service them if they did not sell them - I guess I could have bought the part there but it would still have to be shipped from Corporate (because the stem of my jets is out of style nobody seems to stock them - amazing the tub was only built in 2003 but then again with over 10 broken it did need to be changed).

And since it would have to have been shipped from Corporate life would still suck - they send it wrong and don't tell you when they are out of stock - just let you wait.

I am sick of spending my life on the phone with these assholes - anyone got a plane - maybe I should just return it "air mail".

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Chris_H WHy do you ask???? <eom>
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 10:42:08 am »
Chris_H WHy do you ask???? <eom>

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 11:03:35 am »
From reading your experiences, I had an idea that Pelican was now the closest dealer to you.  I find it somewhat appalling that a company, with as many stores that they have, doesn’t service Cal Spas they didn’t sell.  

I just find that to be wrong.  Just my opinion.  I am sure there are some reputable Cal Spa dealers in New Jersey.

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 11:07:40 am »
"reputable Cal Spa Dealers"  Isn't that an oxymoron?

I must say that Pelican has been helpful - they did put me in touch with Hi-Tech.

Now if the damn thing would just stop breaking!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 11:19:55 am »
Remember there are hundreds of thousands of tub buyers that do not know a thing about these web pages we frequent. A very very small percentage of buyers visits these type sites before or after there purchase. More and more are but it's still small.

Good point.  In my area, Cal spa is probably the most advertised and has the most retail outlets.  And they all stay in business.  In fact, a co-worker has one of their spas, going on 4 years, and she's had no problems.  
So they must make a good one every once and a while.
Glad I found out about them during my research, though.
Brewman
Brewman

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
I see many dealers carrying Cal Spa only for a few
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 10:04:56 am »
I see many dealers carrying Cal Spa only for a few years then switching - your friend must be different.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 12:47:01 am »
It really Su*ks to read this stuff about CalSpa over and over again. It is amzing how evil people prosper. My cousin replaced jet's, heaters, motors, and anything else that would break. Service departments that are just a bunch of idiot's. Warrenties that are really are not backed up. One thing that CalSpa can not compete with is word of mouth. You can only screw so many people for only so long. The word is building and spreading. Just not fast enough.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 01:13:34 am »
I would send Dino the jets.
-SpaMan~

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 10:05:29 am »
dino,

I hate to say it but, you should have bought a Sundance when you had the chance. I'm sure you shopped them, they may have been a little more money BUT, this is why...
You hate to see a consumer buy based of price but they do.

hottubber... 8)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 10:07:55 am by hottubber »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 10:05:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42