What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I hate Cal Spa !  (Read 9350 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: I hate Cal Spa !
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 10:20:45 am »
Should we all chip in a hundred bucks to see if we can get Dino a new spa?

I'm in for a hundred - if he promises to get a HotSpring.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 10:20:45 am »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 10:25:20 am »
Chas,

I'll go two for either a Sundance or Marquis...

AND, I'll deliver it right to his home, remove the Cal Spa,

rewire the new one and put the Cal where it really

belongs..., in the trash.

That's not too harsh, is it? I would contribute.  :P

hottubber... ;D

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2005, 10:35:28 am »
I had a friend who had a Sundance and it leaked like a sive.Come to find out they had a defective glue they were using during that time frame.What a mess that was.He did finally get another spa that was of higher quality.
-SpaMan~

hottubber

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2005, 10:50:30 am »
What was higher quality, the glue? There aren't many spas out there that are made better TODAY than Sundance.
Back in the mid 80's Sundance introduced  the air injector system,... nightmare.  >:(
In the mid 90's, Sundance used this blue glue, it was a disaster. :-/
Today, not many issues, thank god... 8)

hottubber... ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2005, 10:50:41 am »
Yes, there was a problem with glue joints: a vendor let them down in a big way. But being the company that they are, they fixed the tubs - often taking back tubs which were just past warranty etc.

A smaller company might have left all the spa owners hanging. Or, a large company which just didn't care....

This is history. Shoppers don't need to worry about this happening again.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottubber

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2005, 10:54:35 am »
Chas,

I'll bet we must of dug out 50 to 60 spas back then,

replaced all of the glue joints AND Sundance paid for all

of it. That   IS   the difference between a reputable

manufacturer/dealer relationship and some others.

hottubber... ;D

spaman--

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2005, 10:57:59 am »
Dino's situation is unique in that it is rare.Sorry it won't happen again.I have offered to replace his jets and he won't respond.I have PM'd him and no response.perhaps this is part of the problem!Maybe he does not want help if he does not respond to offers of service.Kinda frustrating listening to someone B#tch, and them not taking help offered.Perhaps he does not want to fix his tub as he would have nothing to b#tch about.One more time, Dino, I have every thing you need at my disposal let me know what you need and I will ghot to work getting what you need.
-SpaMan~

hottubber

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2005, 11:03:52 am »
spaman,

Good for you. You're trying to assist him and getting

nowhere because you may be right, maybe he doesn't

want any help. Some consumers just like to complain.

hottubber... ;D

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2005, 11:06:54 am »
Not to defend Dino, but he doesn't post much here unless it's to post CAL SPAS SUCK or similar. He provides no input otherwise or advise for other consumers.

Maybe the guy would rather whine than get looked after? I've seen people like that before and he wouldn't be the first? ???

I'm glad someone has offered to step up and I guess we'll see how receptive he is at taking this help...

Steve

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Reply to Spaman
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2005, 12:14:41 pm »
Thanks - I will get back to you on the jets - the 8 I ordered have arrived and are now installed (my complaint was about the service I got from their retail outlet and how "corporate said to call Retail and Retail said to call Corporate. - They did get here after 10 weeks and I should have posted that.

Two more have broken and if they can not be popped back in I will be happy to ask for your help - you at least are a gentleman (woman?  sorry I do not know).

As to why I have not responded please forgive me I generally check in only once a day or so and was not able to recently.

As Steve pointed out I do not respond where I do not have expertise so other than on the subject of Cal SPa and how they have treated me and others I am generally a lurker.

I have posted on the IPE herringbone deck I built with no screw holes just Eb-tys and an integrated step/towel warmer.  I have this board to thanks for telling me how to size the step (equal to the interior step onto which you will be transferring your weight).

I should add that I have found the towel warmer less needed.  (my neighbors might be happier if I used the towel more often in my mad dashes to and from the house).

Finally I have also spoken about the TV setup I installed using an indoor TV hooked to the tub speakers - you can actually hear it over the jets!

SO thanks I will get back to you regarding the Jets - but I will also continue to dump on Cal Spa.

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Hottubber ...
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2005, 12:17:33 pm »
Yoou know Sundance was my first choice but the dealer only had one non-comparable tub to wet test and though I called over a five week period he would not fill up anything configured like an Atima (??).

He was small in a small space here in NJ so I understood but.  I think walking into the enourmous showroom of my thieving CalSpa dealer I was influenced by the difference - to my detriment.

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Chas - et al
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2005, 12:18:43 pm »
Chas - let me know when the collection gedts up there - I will even do the deck modifications to make it happen.

Thanks

spaman--

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 12:25:14 pm »
I am glad to help when needed.I have jets and it sounds like you have quite a set up.I would hope that if you recieve good service from me that you would post it as well. I take care of evryone I can, no matter where they are.Let me know if I can do anything.
-SpaMan~

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
Thanks Spaman
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2005, 02:50:23 pm »
I will certainly post the good with the bad - and even try to lean a little harder when I see the good!

I just noticed your tagline on your ID - I like it - but maybe you could make it less perjorative?  How about "lost soul" instead of loser (I would have said victim but then I would have been guilty of what I read into your version.

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 03:28:59 pm »
I am glad to help when needed.I have jets and it sounds like you have quite a set up.I would hope that if you recieve good service from me that you would post it as well. I take care of evryone I can, no matter where they are.Let me know if I can do anything.

That kind of attitude is what I hope to recieve when I need it. You SIR will go far!! ............Gary

If my tub would only get here :(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 03:28:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42