What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hurts us all  (Read 2916 times)

rocket

• Life is good!
hurts us all
« on: March 03, 2005, 04:52:39 pm »
I wrote a message in February about a Master spa dealer/rep who came to town and promoted a homeshow.  In his advertising he used my company name to give his company integrity.  I got my attorney involved but too late, the damage had been done.  We shopped him and found them using my name in their presentation.  We were able to stop that.  I had a lady call the store today and was very upset with us and wanted her money back.  After a little inquiring I found that she purchased the Master spa.  I told her that we had no affiliation with that event or organzation.  Out of her anger, she said that we had better not be because her husband is so mad that if he finds that we have an affiliation, he's ready to shoot someone.

My concern is that these people will go public and drag my company name through the mud.

I'm encouraging people to seek their attorney and report to state attorney general.  Anything else you would recommend.  

Hot Tub Forum

hurts us all
« on: March 03, 2005, 04:52:39 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: hurts us all
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 05:03:31 pm »
Wow. I would love to know more details about exactly how they used your name and what your legal guy said.

PM me if you don't think it appropriate for posting.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 05:06:02 pm »
That does sound like deplorable conduct be the event organizors.

What brand do you sell Rocket?

Why did they think they could get away with something like that?

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 05:11:58 pm »
I wrote a message in February about a Master spa dealer/rep who came to town and promoted a homeshow.  In his advertising he used my company name to give his company integrity.  I got my attorney involved but too late, the damage had been done.  We shopped him and found them using my name in their presentation.  We were able to stop that.  I had a lady call the store today and was very upset with us and wanted her money back.  After a little inquiring I found that she purchased the Master spa.  I told her that we had no affiliation with that event or organzation.  Out of her anger, she said that we had better not be because her husband is so mad that if he finds that we have an affiliation, he's ready to shoot someone.

My concern is that these people will go public and drag my company name through the mud.

I'm encouraging people to seek their attorney and report to state attorney general.  Anything else you would recommend.  

Sorry to hear how it went! I was concerned when you called me that you where trying to be too nice like you always do and that you needed some of my mean nature.  >:(

Keep me informed and I can give you the President of Masters cell phone if you would like!!

Call me...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 05:20:18 pm »
Sorry to hear about your trouble Rocket.....I am sure you are like most of the dealers here.....You respect your customers as well as your competitors but it just seems like a small number of company's who have a habit of doing things that most of us feel  hurt the entire industry....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 06:34:24 pm by Mendocino101 »

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 06:22:51 pm »
That does sound like deplorable conduct be the event organizors.

What brand do you sell Rocket?

Why did they think they could get away with something like that?

HTM

I sell Marquis.  We have an excellent reputation for customer service and I believe that he used
our reputation to give him credibility. This is the second customer that has contacted us and thought that we were the same company.  

I have been told that this guy has deep pockets and has attorneys on staff (not concerned about a law suit) and has done this many times in other cities.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 06:31:35 pm »
Seek help/advice from Marquis.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

poolboy34

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2005, 06:51:18 pm »
deep pockets or not............the guy is seriously lacking in the practice of business ethics.  You should contact Marquis and see what they say about it.  Your states attorney general should also be contacted immediately as well.  You might even want to contact Master spa directly as he is  representing their product and company.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 12:06:26 pm »
deep pockets or not............the guy is seriously lacking in the practice of business ethics.  You should contact Marquis and see what they say about it.  Your states attorney general should also be contacted immediately as well.  You might even want to contact Master spa directly as he is  representing their product and company.

I have a complete packet that I'm sending to the State Attorney General and hope to get some help there.
The customer referred to called Master spas (she said 3 times) and no one has returned her call.

The other part of this is how this may affect 2 Master spa dealers in the area that didn't know about the event.  These are smaller dealers but are ethical and honest.

My understanding is that the president of the company knows what's going on and has chosen to ignore it for the sake of the dollar.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 12:06:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42