What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: RIP OFF!  (Read 5524 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: RIP OFF!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 10:04:18 am »
I agree to some extent.  When she first called to ask me about how to do the chemicals for a spa she didn't buy from me, I had a bit of an attitude.  That's when I started asking questions in order to find out how I had lost a sale.

It turns out the lady had visited a couple of my competitors here in town and did not have a pleasant experience dealing with the teenagers they have selling their spas.  She came by my store on a day when we are closed.  She and her husband ended up going to Dallas where they talked to a woman who seemed very knowledgable about spas and had an "overrun left over from a building project."

What research she had done had told her that Sundance spas were a quality product, and that's what she thought she was buying.

Anyway, she came by my store yesterday and we visited about two hours.  As expected, the spa never arrived and she cannot reach them by phone.  She seems to be a very nice person who feels ashamed about how she was taken in.  She has contacted the Federal Trade Commission to help recover her money.

I showed her what we have available and educated her on the difference between a quality spa and a pos.  I then gave her the phone number to a customer of mine wanting to upgrade from a Prodigy to a Sovereign and they are working out a deal.

If anyone in Texas comes into contact with someone named Stacy Juarez aka Stacy Diego aka Stacy Smart that is selling Sunco, Sundaze, Sunseeker, or Hydro Spas, caveat emptor.

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 10:04:18 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 12:11:05 pm »
Sometimes people are just too trusting.  Especially older people.  My grandfather (who is 90) still believes a man's word is golden.  When he was my age, that was mostly true, but these days, well...

It's like the roofing scam around here last year.  We had a bad hail storm, and older people were hiring people (who they thought were contractors) but were really scam artists.  They got the money, and never re-did the roof!  I did my research on the contractor we hired, because I wanted to hire local people, not the ones who come to town just for storm chasing.  Besides, hard to believe, but some people don't have access to the internet.

Yes, we all should do our research and question when deals seem "to good to be true", but sometimes we can all be fooled!

East Texas, you are a good person to try and help her.
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 12:11:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42