What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Quest  (Read 9041 times)

civicmx3

Marquis Quest
« on: November 20, 2004, 05:41:44 pm »
Well, we are still looking and have located a Marquis Quest for $6091.00. Does this sound like a fair price? Also, is it a good spa? We like the spa but pricing comparisons are very difficult to locate.  We would appreciate input. Thank You

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Quest
« on: November 20, 2004, 05:41:44 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Marquis Quest
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 05:54:35 pm »
I know two satisfied Marquis owners.  That price is fair for a 6 person spa. Are you getting anything else like a cover lifter, delivery, start up chems?   Have you wet tested yet?  300 gallons for a 6 person spa that size suggests it might be a bit shallow for me at 6'2.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 05:55:24 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 06:14:45 pm »
I am gald you found the quest.....I like the spa a lot...I think it is a very nice 3 to 4 person spa with 6 seating postions......what I like is how queit it is....and the post jetting that really allows to get you  therapy in many different ways....as for your price it seems very fair...

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 09:22:03 pm »
as an unbiased spa owner i went to a marquis dealer to wet test the quest because of all the good things i had read about the company from this forum.

i found the quest to have weak jets and the much touted whirlpool jets to be too weak . though i feel marquis tubs are good this model just wasn't for me.

while at the dealer i wet tested a nordic crown XL and found this tub to be more versatile and the whirlpool jets to be very therapeutic. considering the fact that nordic has a good reputation for quality and the cost is $4700.00, imo this tub has been the best buy of all that i have tested.

which have been: hot springs sovereign, sundance cameo, coleman 471, and the quest.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 10:48:54 pm »
i found the quest to have weak jets and the much touted whirlpool jets to be too weak . though i feel marquis tubs are good this model just wasn't for me.

hummm could this be becasue of the Quest does not have whirlpool jets.....since it does not.... it makes one wonder did you test a Quest or did you have a really uninformed sales person who did not know this...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 10:51:34 pm by Mendocino101 »

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 06:38:54 am »
your pardons sir,  but the marquis quest Does have two jets that are touted by marquis as providing whirlpool in their tub. see marquis web site , or pamplet.

marquis offers two other tubs that have a whirlpool effect.

maybe your confusing the issue by thinking about the old style rotating jet which i have in my old tub? that was offered years ago as a whirlpool jet?

i specifically looked at the quest because it offered the whirlpool effect.  i found it to be lame and i couldn't afford the other two models that also offered this feature.

the  crown XL has  MUCH BETTER whirlpool in their tub.

sorry if i hit your nerve.  :)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 07:50:38 am »
The Quest is one of the best massages you can get from a single pump unit!

No it does not have any whirlpool jets but instead eight HK 40 (Hydrokinetic 40 GPM) jets that give immense massage action to the feet and back. Four of these incredible jets are placed on the edge of the lounge at the foot well and have enough power to roll the water out of the spa on the other side if the water level is to high, four more straight up and down a side wall where you have free access to hit just about any body part with one of them.

yokeman,
I'm glad you like your tub but I gotta tell you, I'm not sure you were testing a Quest! The power in those HK40's will leave no one feeling like they didn't get their monies worth! There is a chance that you tried it shortly after the Tri-zone Therapy valves came out and there were a few spas that were getting a "blow by" leaving the spa a bit underpowered. That was a simple fix of replacing the valve with a valve body of correct tolerance. We got the valves in from Marquis with a letter explaining how to take care of it before we even knew there was a potential problem, how that for a proactive company!

As far as a comparison of Nordic to Marquis, that would be like comparing a Stripped down Saturn with a Loaded Lexus! Marquis has 10 times the engineering and reputation! Don't take me wrong, Nordic is a good little tub for an entry level. In fact, Marquis even sold Nordic at their factory showrooms for a while alongside that Marquis. It was a great starter spa for someone that could not afford a higher end unit with better components. The two warranties don't even compare!

civicmx3,
Yes, that price does sound fair, what does it include? Have you had a chance to wet test it?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 10:47:26 am »
your pardons sir,  but the marquis quest Does have two jets that are touted by marquis as providing whirlpool in their tub. see marquis web site , or pamplet.

marquis offers two other tubs that have a whirlpool  :)

Yokeman....

I think something must have confused you at some point or did you test the Quest long ago....the "current" Quest does not have whirpool jets....here is what Marquis has on thier web site about the Quest for jetting...
Hydrotherapy Jets  

Jet style  zone 1 zone 2 zone 3 total
Personal Therapy jets  4 - - 4
Power Boost jets  8 - - 8
Power Swirl jets  2 - - 2
Cyclo Boost jets  1 - - 1
Cascade NeckTM jets  3 - - 3
HK40TM jets  - 4 4 8
Total jets  18 4 4 26

Jet pump  MP160  
Maximum flow rate  160 GPM  

that is just copied and pasted here from the Marquis web site....I am not sure what made you think it has Whirlpool....but it does not...the only spas they offer with whirpool....are the Reward and Euphoria and both of those in the SA versions again do not have whirpool....I am not trying to be augmentative with you but what you are saying is simply incorrect..

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 05:28:32 pm »
gentleman , thank you for your replies.

on the marquis web site there is a area where one might view the jet actions of each tub.

the quest has two jets which shoot water at different directions i.e. one directs water at 6:00 clockwise the other at 12:00 clockwise. this is an example, to suffice there are two jets that push water in a clockwise within the tub which is to provide a whirlpool affect within the tub.

this is featured on their web site which i have visited quite often.

to view this action one must mouse click on a knob that indicates whirlpool.

:)

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 05:51:15 pm »
on the marquis web site there is a area where one might view the jet actions of each tub.

the quest has two jets which shoot water at different directions i.e. one directs water at 6:00 clockwise the other at 12:00 clockwise. this is an example, to suffice there are two jets that push water in a clockwise within the tub which is to provide a whirlpool affect within the tub.

this is featured on their web site which i have visited quite often.

to view this action one must mouse click on a knob that indicates whirlpool.

:)

Yokeman, I believe you are confusing the Wish with the Quest. The Marquis Wish is as you described.
e

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 06:01:21 pm »
Sir with all due respect...I am very confused as to why you assist on making a statement that is simply not accurate....if you go to the Web site and use the "tri Zone" tool that shows the jet action of each spa....for the Quest you can select upper-overall or lower....there is no whirlpool choice...it is again only offered on the reward or euphoria....try using it on one of those and you can see what the whirlpool feature does....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 07:32:51 pm by Mendocino101 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 06:04:54 pm »

Yokeman, I believe you are confusing the Wish with the Quest. The Marquis Wish is as you described.

Thank you for sharing that going back and reading some of the earlier posts of Yokeman...he was looking at wish and the wish has 120 gpm pump the quest 160 gpm.....that might explain why he felt the jet action was weak.....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 06:07:11 pm by Mendocino101 »

yokeman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 06:11:12 pm »
gentleman you are correct and i offer apologies to all who have responded. yes , i had the names of the tubs mismatched.

still i feel that the XL for the money is better then the WISH.  thank you.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 06:53:21 pm »
gentleman you are correct and i offer apologies to all who have responded. yes , i had the names of the tubs mismatched.

still i feel that the XL for the money is better then the WISH.  thank you.

The Wish was designed for the "Make a Wish Foundation" It is a very open spa with the thought of having a lot of room for children with disability’s to move around in, it also is a 110 spa for easy hook up and it was designed to be given away to children who requested a spa as their wish....high flow jet action was not the intent of this spa...more passive therapy was...Marquis has donated more than 160 spas to date

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 07:01:55 pm »
I learned quite a bit here. Thanks.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 07:01:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42