What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub buying process in NY - PLEASE HELP MAKE DECISION  (Read 7614 times)

nytub36

Re: Hot tub buying process in NY - PLEASE HELP MAKE DECISION
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 10:06:38 pm »

Master gets plenty of brand recognition here, thats why most pros suggest an alternative!!

Fair enough. Appreciate the input. What alternative do you suggest in the sub 12k range?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 10:06:38 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 04:57:07 pm »

Master gets plenty of brand recognition here, thats why most pros suggest an alternative!!

Fair enough. Appreciate the input. What alternative do you suggest in the sub 12k range?

There are good number of companies that will sell you a very good product (most spas look great, not all are built great) while also backing it fully (warranties generally look alike, not all are backed alike when it comes to taking care of the customer.)

All brands have spas from entry level through top end. Each spa manufacturer should have a dealer locator on their website so you can see if they have a local presence in your area and my personal list would include:

Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 10:50:46 pm »
and perceived quality.
Thanks!

Look at them and their fit and finish and equipment bay. It's not perceived quality. And my opinion comes from 30 years experience.
Retired

nytub36

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2021, 03:34:58 pm »
My first choice was the Hot Spring Envoy. It's a beautiful, well-built tub, from a generally well-regarded manufacturer.
The problem is (at least in my area) - HS Envoy was quoted $15.5 whereas TS7.2 was $11.5 ...this was quoted in NY.

Is the Envoy really 25% better? ...or am I better off putting that difference toward a much-needed gazebo (like Covana Oasis)?

RGreen151

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2021, 10:16:01 pm »
Hello, I am looking into getting my first hot tub and also in the NY Long Island area.
I also been looking at the Master Spa TS 8.2 from Suntek was quoted $11k without any options.
I found this great forum while researching hot tubs.
Please let me know any follow up on your search and or purchase.
Due to reading I am interested in a better Quality 8 foot tub but want to be in the sub $13k ball park.
After reading tons of reviews, the dealer seems the most important, so I would greatly appreciate any input regarding Long Island dealers.

cranbiz

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 09:41:24 am »
The dealer IS your most important factor. A good dealer is there to help you and take care of your problems and questions. A poor dealer only wants your money and cares less about after sale support. You want a dealer with in house techs. That way, if you have a problem, you get dealer support. A dealer that subs out their service work is not someone you want to buy from (Aqua Living, I'm looking at you).

As mentioned before, this is the brands I would be looking at. Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2021, 01:04:03 pm »
The dealer IS your most important factor. A good dealer is there to help you and take care of your problems and questions. A poor dealer only wants your money and cares less about after sale support. You want a dealer with in house techs. That way, if you have a problem, you get dealer support. A dealer that subs out their service work is not someone you want to buy from (Aqua Living, I'm looking at you).

As mentioned before, this is the brands I would be looking at. Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance

The dealer is not more important that the manufacturer, and vice versa (IMO).

You really need to hit on both of those! However, there are multiple really good nationwide manufacturers available and most people have many good brands in their area (Master wouldn't be one IMO) but locally your dealer choices can be hit/miss. You may have only 1 really good local dealer or maybe just 2. You really want to hit on both a good, reliable manufacturer and a dealer that will be there for you both before and after the sale.

cranbiz

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 04:45:31 pm »

You really need to hit on both of those! However, there are multiple really good nationwide manufacturers available and most people have many good brands in their area (Master wouldn't be one IMO) but locally your dealer choices can be hit/miss. You may have only 1 really good local dealer or maybe just 2. You really want to hit on both a good, reliable manufacturer and a dealer that will be there for you both before and after the sale.

I don't disagree with you but if you have 2 dealers in your immediate area and they both sell quality brands and they both have poor reputations, I wouldn't buy from either one. Even a top manufacturer can have problems within the warranty period and if the dealer isn't responsive, then does it matter if you bought a Hot Springs or a Sundance or a (heaven forbid a Dr. Wellness). If you have to travel a bit to find a good dealer with a quality manufacturer, you should, providing they will service your tub.

I have 7 dealers within 30 miles of me, One did not have a tub that would fit my requirements, two had tubs I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, two had outsourced service, one had sales staff that wasn't knowledgeable, one would only do in home sales and one had nothing on the sales floor. I ended up with a dealer over 90 miles away who had tubs on the floor, had a knowledgeable staff, had in house, factory trained techs and had no problems delivering to or servicing my area. They sold Artesian and Marquis, both who had a model that fit my requirements.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2021, 06:21:23 pm »

I don't disagree with you but if you have 2 dealers in your immediate area and they both sell quality brands and they both have poor reputations, I wouldn't buy from either one. Even a top manufacturer can have problems within the warranty period and if the dealer isn't responsive, then does it matter if you bought a Hot Springs or a Sundance or a (heaven forbid a Dr. Wellness). If you have to travel a bit to find a good dealer with a quality manufacturer, you should, providing they will service your tub.

I have 7 dealers within 30 miles of me, One did not have a tub that would fit my requirements, two had tubs I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, two had outsourced service, one had sales staff that wasn't knowledgeable, one would only do in home sales and one had nothing on the sales floor. I ended up with a dealer over 90 miles away who had tubs on the floor, had a knowledgeable staff, had in house, factory trained techs and had no problems delivering to or servicing my area. They sold Artesian and Marquis, both who had a model that fit my requirements.

My post stating that both manufacturer and dealer are equally important (as opposed to saying "The dealer IS your most important factor") didn't need that incredibly obvious follow up but thanks anyway.

nytub36

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2021, 10:46:35 am »
Hello, I am looking into getting my first hot tub and also in the NY Long Island area.
I also been looking at the Master Spa TS 8.2 from Suntek was quoted $11k without any options.
I found this great forum while researching hot tubs.
Please let me know any follow up on your search and or purchase.
Due to reading I am interested in a better Quality 8 foot tub but want to be in the sub $13k ball park.
After reading tons of reviews, the dealer seems the most important, so I would greatly appreciate any input regarding Long Island dealers.

I’ve visited at least 6 different dealers in the Nassau/Suffolk area. Bob over at Suntek came across as the most honest and transparent and generally easy to talk to owner out of them all. Which is why I’ll be buying from him.
Odd that your TS 8.2 is $500 less than my quoted 7.2. He gave me $11,500 back in March. Did the prices fall over the last 3-4 mos?

Pers Onal

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 11:19:56 am »
I know nothing about current models and pricing.

I will state that if at all possible I would not want to pay until I saw it in and working.

This does mean you would have to have electrical in prior to installation.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2021, 11:19:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42