What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Yet another need advice thread  (Read 6105 times)

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Yet another need advice thread
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »
Ok, the Artesian Dealer just sent me several options in the Island and South Seas lines. What's the consensus on Artesian? The dealer is a long time dealer good with the BBB

Artesian is solid.  Island is of better quality than that of South Seas but Artesian is a grand ol' company.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 11:02:21 pm »
sounds like the Marquis is the favorite. I had written off HS and Caldera for budget reasons. I had a local Caldera dealer tell me to take my money and go to Home Depot or Costco because I couldn't afford his product line. I did find another Caldera dealer and surprise surprise they have 2 tubs that fit my criteria and budget, the Marino and Vanto.

Any feedback on those tubs?

I sell Marquis and Caldera. If you can get the E435 for the same price as a Marino or Vanto you are better off with the Marquis. The 435 with two pumps therapy wise will blow those Calderas away. The E Series is more inline with the Paradise series from Caldera. Nothing wrong with either Caldera but you are getting a real good deal on that Marquis. If size is a issue that would be the only reason to consider the Caldera

Thanks for the input, the size on the Marquis is perfect actually

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 11:03:41 pm »
Ok, the Artesian Dealer just sent me several options in the Island and South Seas lines. What's the consensus on Artesian? The dealer is a long time dealer good with the BBB

Artesian is solid.  Island is of better quality than that of South Seas but Artesian is a grand ol' company.

Of any of them the Artesian has the best pricing

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 11:31:49 am »

Think about which spa you think is best for your needs/desires and then consider which spa you think is the best deal. Hopefully the best spa in your eyes will also be the best price at the same time (or close to it) but that's not always the case. Pricing is important of course but make sure you get the right spa for you because what you buy will be in your yard for a decade plus and that feeling that you saved money lessens over time especially if you second guess yourself down the line about the spa you ended up with. I'm not standing up for or against any particular brand/model, I'm just saying that FOR ME the right spa  takes precedence over the best price IFFFF the 2 conflict.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 01:06:34 pm »

Think about which spa you think is best for your needs/desires and then consider which spa you think is the best deal. Hopefully the best spa in your eyes will also be the best price at the same time (or close to it) but that's not always the case. Pricing is important of course but make sure you get the right spa for you because what you buy will be in your yard for a decade plus and that feeling that you saved money lessens over time especially if you second guess yourself down the line about the spa you ended up with. I'm not standing up for or against any particular brand/model, I'm just saying that FOR ME the right spa  takes precedence over the best price IFFFF the 2 conflict.

I get that completely, the last time we bought a spa we would up with a 10K spa for that very reason. Hoping we don't have to do there again. We are just looking for a midgrade, decent tub between 5-6k. That seems to be a bit of a Unicorn however

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:18 pm »
Marquis makes a good tub that could be in that price range- I want to say their Celebrity Series.  I like South Seas too in that price range, a lot.  But my only thing is that they're loud.  When I sold them I didn't like that they didn't rubber-mount their motors.  But as you specifically mentioned both those brands, you'd do well to follow up on them.

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 05:50:27 pm »
Well Northwinds out, just don't the higher end of a lower line tub plus the dealer has changed places 5 times in 3 years.

The Marquis is out, no follow up from the dealer and just not comfortable with the dealer

The D1 Dream is going to be wet tested on Tuesday
The Artesian Island Nevis 45 is being wet tested this weekend.
Likely going to test the Caldera Marino also

I have a guy trying to get me to look at Vita Spas but not sure it's worth an hour drive with the other options on the table.

Does anyone know if the Caldera's have any sort of air injection to improve the therapy value?

Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 06:18:18 pm »
Well Northwinds out, just don't the higher end of a lower line tub plus the dealer has changed places 5 times in 3 years.

The Marquis is out, no follow up from the dealer and just not comfortable with the dealer

I have a guy trying to get me to look at Vita Spas but not sure it's worth an hour drive with the other options on the table.

Does anyone know if the Caldera's have any sort of air injection to improve the therapy value?

Thanks

All spas use air injection via venturi effect to improve the jet feel.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:23 pm »

Thanks

All spas use air injection via venturi effect to improve the jet feel.

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize that

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42