What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Yet another need advice thread  (Read 6055 times)

Roger Wilkerson

Yet another need advice thread
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:10:17 pm »
Hi folks-

I am looking for a little advice. My wife and I are looking for our fourth spa after relocating to TX. I am not looking for anything big. I do however want good therapy potential as my back is really bad. We are wanting to stay around the 6k range

At this moment I am looking at three spas in no particular order.

1. Northwinds SL series Element 50 jet model. - 6295.00
2. D1 Dream with LED and Bluetooth stereo - 6050.00
3. Marquis 435 2 PUMP MODEL - 6350.00

Thoughts, pros, cons? The dealers for the Northwinds and Marquis both seem to be quality dealers (Northwind more so). The D1 dealer is considering leaving the spa game and going back to just pools but I have to believe that D1 would stand behind their product.

What do ya'll think? Any and all opinions and advice including other recommendations would be most welcome

Thanks, Roger
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:24:26 pm by Roger Wilkerson »

Hot Tub Forum

Yet another need advice thread
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:10:17 pm »

Roger Wilkerson

Re: Yet another need advice thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:56:02 am »
No advice or recommendations??? If I am missing anything please let me know

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:03 pm »
Hi folks-

I am looking for a little advice. My wife and I are looking for our fourth spa after relocating to TX. I am not looking for anything big. I do however want good therapy potential as my back is really bad. We are wanting to stay around the 6k range

At this moment I am looking at three spas in no particular order.

1. Northwinds SL series Element 50 jet model. - 6295.00
2. D1 Dream with LED and Bluetooth stereo - 6050.00
3. Marquis 435 2 PUMP MODEL - 6350.00

Thoughts, pros, cons? The dealers for the Northwinds and Marquis both seem to be quality dealers (Northwind more so). The D1 dealer is considering leaving the spa game and going back to just pools but I have to believe that D1 would stand behind their product.

What do ya'll think? Any and all opinions and advice including other recommendations would be most welcome

Thanks, Roger

I don’t know anything about Northwinds Spas. Never heard of them. Marquis and D-1 are both good brands. The D-1 dealer getting out of spas would concern me a bit when it comes to warranty. Price wise on the Marquis you are pretty cheap and it’s a good powerful tub. It might be the most powerful tub out there (Show being the other most powerful). Good luck in your search

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:10:57 pm »
Like Hottubguy, I've never heard of Northwinds Spas.  After doing some research it looks like it's a different line made by Coast Spas out of Canada.  I've heard that Coast is a difficult company to deal with, you might Google "Coast Spa Complaints" and read some of the stuff.

The Marquis 435 with 2 pumps is incredibly powerful and you can run every jet at the same time with full power.  I actually just bought a 435 1 pump spa for my house, getting delivered next Wednesday!

Good luck in your search.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:58:27 am »
Northwinds is the Junior line of Coast Spas.  D1 seems to have a lot of people here who vouch for them but I've never been enamored with them.  Marquis is a solid brand and I'd bet that of three brands you've mentioned, they'd get the most accolades out of the forum posters.

If it means anything to you, Marquis is the only one made in the USA, as D1 is Apollo Group (Mexico) and Coast is made in Canada.

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:04:14 pm »
Yes, made in America does matter to me

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:38:41 pm »

Then all three meet your qualifications  ;)

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 03:34:02 pm »

Isn't Coast Spas in Canada and D1 now Apollo Group and made in Mexico (and not Chino Hills, CA)?  Cause I am pretty sure that is where they are made.  Unless something changed very recently? (Not trying to sound snotty, sorry if that reads that way)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 05:18:52 pm »
Be careful, there could be parts from overseas in all tubs.
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 07:08:59 pm »

Isn't Coast Spas in Canada and D1 now Apollo Group and made in Mexico (and not Chino Hills, CA)?  Cause I am pretty sure that is where they are made.  Unless something changed very recently? (Not trying to sound snotty, sorry if that reads that way)

I was being snarky.  He said being made in America is important to him.  Last time I checked, that includes Mexico and Canada. 

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 11:20:06 pm »
sounds like the Marquis is the favorite. I had written off HS and Caldera for budget reasons. I had a local Caldera dealer tell me to take my money and go to Home Depot or Costco because I couldn't afford his product line. I did find another Caldera dealer and surprise surprise they have 2 tubs that fit my criteria and budget, the Marino and Vanto.

Any feedback on those tubs?

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:44 am »

I was being snarky.  He said being made in America is important to him.  Last time I checked, that includes Mexico and Canada.

Well played.  I walked right into that one :)

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 10:12:36 am »
sounds like the Marquis is the favorite. I had written off HS and Caldera for budget reasons. I had a local Caldera dealer tell me to take my money and go to Home Depot or Costco because I couldn't afford his product line. I did find another Caldera dealer and surprise surprise they have 2 tubs that fit my criteria and budget, the Marino and Vanto.

Good quality but again, made in Mexico.  But I do hear good things from dealers about them.

Roger Wilkerson

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 03:19:49 pm »
Ok, the Artesian Dealer just sent me several options in the Island and South Seas lines. What's the consensus on Artesian? The dealer is a long time dealer good with the BBB

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »

I sell Marquis and Caldera. If you can get the E435 for the same price as a Marino or Vanto you are better off with the Marquis. The 435 with two pumps therapy wise will blow those Calderas away. The E Series is more inline with the Paradise series from Caldera. Nothing wrong with either Caldera but you are getting a real good deal on that Marquis. If size is a issue that would be the only reason to consider the Caldera

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42