What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical levels  (Read 2424 times)

Dentman

Chemical levels
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:59:33 am »
Hello,I’m a new hot tub owner,I have followed instructions in manual and have my alkaline and pH levels within the recommended levels on the dipstick container.However,however much chlorine sanitiser I add,the following day it is showing minimum on the scale.The water is now rather cloudy as well.We have use the hot tub 3 times,showered with just water prior to using and swim wear has been rinsed in cold water in a sink and been allowed to dry naturally.Has any experienced user any explanation and possible correction able advise.

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical levels
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:59:33 am »

bradleyabell

Re: Chemical levels
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:05:16 am »
What are you using as sanitizer?  Dichlor?

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:54:51 pm »
If we know what you are using for sanitizer / how much you add and how many gallons of water is in your tub and about how many hours times number of people, along with water temp we could get a feel for what you are doing.

For example I add one tablespoon of dichlor for the two of us using the tub for an hour or less per day. Showered before use and no body lotions or soap products used on swimsuits. Our tub is 103 and 400 gallons of water. We can skip a day using it and also skip the dichlor but the following day I add it if we use it or not. level after adding is about 5ppm and next day is about 2ppm.

When it get cloudy is a sign you waited too long or didn’t add enough and the tub needs shocked most likely.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 07:48:05 pm »
  Good thoughts, but taking a shower before you get in the spa every time is really not needed though most think it is.  I don't think I have ever showered before getting in my spa in 15 years unless I was nasty.   I know it's not a big thing getting in the shower, but you should try not showering and see if you notice any real difference in water quality. 

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 05:47:35 pm »
  Good thoughts, but taking a shower before you get in the spa every time is really not needed though most think it is.  I don't think I have ever showered before getting in my spa in 15 years unless I was nasty.   I know it's not a big thing getting in the shower, but you should try not showering and see if you notice any real difference in water quality.

I kind of look at it as most people shower once a day. That is not needed in the old days people maybe showered once a week or once a month. But assuming we think we need to shower daily we then must assume we are showering something off. Who knows what collects on the body in the course of a day and everyone is different in how they work etc. But the bottom line is what ever comes off us in our daily shower will come off us in our daily soak in our hot tub. It might well not be that much and we do sweat a lot in the hot tub and that is not going to change shower or not.

We have skin that tends to get dry in the winter and the tub makes it drier. So we both also take time to moisturize after the hot tub. I don’t know how much of those products are still on us after the day but I just like the idea we are contributing the least to needing removed from the tub thus making our water last longer.

I don’t know how much we would change the water by not showering but I do know when we invite friends to tub they come over clean and respectable but as most women do they are lotioned up. And I can defiantly tell a difference the next day in the water, often requiring a shock.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 05:47:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42