What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Spa BullFrog or HotSpring  (Read 20617 times)

Sam

Re: New Spa BullFrog or HotSpring
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 06:51:11 pm »
I know there is all this debate regarding the brands.  I like both Hot Spring and BF, and have the privilege of selling both.

I don't sell them but also like both brands.

???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 06:51:11 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 07:08:07 pm »
I found out I have marquis in my area, how does that rank?

Regarding hot springs in random places.  However the dealer near me got raving reviews.  And tons of reviews.

Marquis is a fine brand.  You'd be remiss if you didn't give them a chance. 

All three brands tend to be viewed in a more favorable light than many other manufacturers in the industry by hot tub insiders so you know you're in the realm of quality.

But who cares what anyone says (including me!)- You're the one buying.  Find a few units that feel good to you:  Both jet pressure and ergonomically, and be sure the local dealer is of quality.  Find a price point that works and pare down from there.  Those are the most important aspects.  There is indeed a lot of salesmanship in this industry- because there is so few ways to differentiate brands and products.  Thus- You get people mired in things that are ancillary.  I once saw a Master Spas salesman put a cell phone on the tub's shell and say "look at how the tub doesn't vibrate when its running at full speed."  Thats not a knock at all on Master Spas.  It's just to show how far people will go to present their product in a different aspect, or to change the narrative to suit their product.   

Don't bury the lede.

The lede is:  What is comfortable, what feels good, and who are you buying from. 

Get that squared, then visit the details. 

Good luck moving forward.

devpan81

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »
Thank you!  Created a spreadsheet will start my search this weekend! Love how people are so helpful

jailor97

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »
does anyone have feedback on the actual question Bullfrog vs HotSpring?

I have seen some bad reviews lately on Hot Spring.  I just saw a Bullfrog wasn't overly impressed with the sales pitch. 

Basically said: less plumbing, made of plastic (which is better for LI person), and customize the higher end version.  but didn't really explain much.

I tested multiple models from both brands. I also tested an Artesian.
For me and my wife, it came down to what felt the best. She was prepared to drop over 17k on a HotSpring Grandee, but we ended up getting a Bullfrog A8L for 13.5k because it just felt better. No gimmicks, no promises, no BS.
If you are looking for a good tub, stick with the major players and you really can't go wrong.
Who knows, maybe a wet test ends up saving you a bunch of money.  ;)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2017, 03:07:41 pm »

I have seen some bad reviews lately on Hot Spring.  I just saw a Bullfrog wasn't overly impressed with the sales pitch. 

Basically said: less plumbing, made of plastic (which is better for LI person), and customize the higher end version.  but didn't really explain much.

For me and my wife, it came down to what felt the best. She was prepared to drop over 17k on a HotSpring Grandee, but we ended up getting a Bullfrog A8L for 13.5k because it just felt better. No gimmicks, no promises, no BS.
If you are looking for a good tub, stick with the major players and you really can't go wrong.

Congrats!

Sam

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
Nice!  Congrats on a great hot tub.  Please report back in awhile after you've had a chance to use it a bit. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »

Good Choice! I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come

disappointed w bullfrog

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2017, 02:11:30 pm »
I have owned both and I would buy a HotSprings spa hands down over the Bull frog.  we have had our bull frog for a little over a year and have had nothing but problems, no lemon law on spas...  we had our Hotsprings over 20 years and had no mechanical issues what so ever except at about 18 years had to have the ozone part replaced. We moved and had to leave the HotSprings Spa as part of the sale of our house.  Onte thing with the hotsprings is that the sterio was not a good idea... Electronics and water are not a good thing.  The bells and whistles of the exchangeable jet packs are what attracted us to bull frog and to be honest once we found the seats and packs we liked we have not moved them.

DONT BUY A BULL FROG

Conine2965

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2017, 03:12:53 pm »
I choose the marquis V94l based on comfort a nd price did everything the hot springs did for 4k less. My local Bullfrog dealer prices everything at full retail 15500 for 8L so they were a non starter.

d00nut

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 03:59:19 pm »
I have owned both and I would buy a HotSprings spa hands down over the Bull frog.  we have had our bull frog for a little over a year and have had nothing but problems, no lemon law on spas...  we had our Hotsprings over 20 years and had no mechanical issues what so ever except at about 18 years had to have the ozone part replaced. We moved and had to leave the HotSprings Spa as part of the sale of our house.  Onte thing with the hotsprings is that the sterio was not a good idea... Electronics and water are not a good thing.  The bells and whistles of the exchangeable jet packs are what attracted us to bull frog and to be honest once we found the seats and packs we liked we have not moved them.

DONT BUY A BULL FROG

What kind of problems?

Sam

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 07:18:45 pm »

DONT BUY A BULL FROG

What exactly are the problems that you have had?  I'm sorry that your experience has been poor but overall Bullfrog has a fantastic reputation for quality, reliability, and innovation.  They have a great warranty and will definitely address any issues that arise. 

Also, I doubt anyone will constantly move the packs around.  You said it perfect in your post.  Once you found the seats and packs that you liked, you haven't moved them.  The fact that you were able to choose the packs that you like and play with it until you got it just right for you is the real benefit. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 09:01:06 pm »
Also, I doubt anyone will constantly move the packs around.  You said it perfect in your post.  Once you found the seats and packs that you liked, you haven't moved them.  The fact that you were able to choose the packs that you like and play with it until you got it just right for you is the real benefit.

That's what I always said. Forget all the other B*** S*** about less plumbing and full power at all the jets and sell on the only REAL true benefit.

Glad you guys are coming around.
Retired

meriflower

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2017, 01:24:11 pm »
I tend to move my jetpaks from time to time.  My favorite seat is the lounger because it has jets for both my legs and feet.  That way I can get different kinds of massage on my back - usually switch between the rainshower and oscillator.  My other jetpak is the neck blaster.  Mine is a 2013 and have been happy with its performance and would recommend the brand. For Disappointed I would recommend to keep a log of all your service calls and bring it to your dealer.  We had something similar happen with another brand where we kept on having issues, some repeat, brought the list to our dealer, they compared it with theirs and went to the manufacturer about it.  The manufacturer came through for us and all was well at the end.  Can't say if that is what BF will do.  Since I haven't had any issues (and want to keep it that way) cannot talk towards service and warranty work.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:27:20 pm by meriflower »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »
 First post coming here and says I had all kinds of problems don't buy a Bullfrog.    Something fishy here...   ;) 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2017, 04:00:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42