What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Spa BullFrog or HotSpring  (Read 20614 times)

dporter22

Re: New Spa BullFrog or HotSpring
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 12:38:07 pm »
Not sure what BS Tman keeps talking about.  I purchased a Bullfrog A7 about 2 years ago and everything the website, brochure, and dealer told me before the purchase have proven to be true. It's in use almost every night and has never had a single issue.  Still enjoying the jetpaks, still enjoying the ability to adjust jet power at each seat individually, still enjoying the build quality, etc.

Here let me help you bporter22

What tub is BF using in the video posted above to substantiate the claim of "90 percent less plumbing than most spas"

If your going to sell tubs with lies you loose, and put yourself in a plaid jacket club.

I couldn't care less which specific tub they used in the video because I looked inside many different tubs when I was researching and they all had plumbing going everywhere.  Then I looked inside a Bullfrog and indeed there was significantly less plumbing.  So whether or not it was exactly 90% less was irrelevant to me since I could see with my own eyes that the marketing pitch was essentially correct.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 12:38:07 pm »

devpan81

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
does anyone have feedback on the actual question Bullfrog vs HotSpring?

I have seen some bad reviews lately on Hot Spring.  I just saw a Bullfrog wasn't overly impressed with the sales pitch. 

Basically said: less plumbing, made of plastic (which is better for LI person), and customize the higher end version.  but didn't really explain much.

Sam

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »

I have seen some bad reviews lately on Hot Spring.  I just saw a Bullfrog wasn't overly impressed with the sales pitch. 

Basically said: less plumbing, made of plastic (which is better for LI person), and customize the higher end version.  but didn't really explain much.

Both are great brands.  Wet test if you can and pick the one that suits you best.  Make sure you are comfortable with the dealer, the price, etc.  Either brand is an excellent choice.

pinhead

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »
Could one of the resident BF reps contact corporate and ask them to replace "90% less plumbing" with "butt-load less plumbing"?
Maybe that would keep Tman from ranting anytime someone says something positive about BF.
My A7L has 98 jets, 76 are contained within the jetpacks, that calculates to exactly a ship-load better odds of not having a shell leak.
BTW - there is also a ship-ton of power at ALL seats at ALL times, try that with most other brands....

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »

Both good tubs that I would consider premium lines. Where did you see bad reviews of Hot Spring?  I do know Watkins does a good job of standing behind there product. I'm a Caldera and Marquis dealer so on the Caldera side and I deal with Watkins factory a lot. Bullfrog I would classify as different not better just different

devpan81

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 09:03:21 pm »
I found out I have marquis in my area, how does that rank?

Regarding hot springs in random places.  However the dealer near me got raving reviews.  And tons of reviews.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 09:11:49 pm »
Could one of the resident BF reps contact corporate and ask them to replace "90% less plumbing" with "butt-load less plumbing"?
Maybe that would keep Tman from ranting anytime someone says something positive about BF.
My A7L has 98 jets, 76 are contained within the jetpacks, that calculates to exactly a ship-load better odds of not having a shell leak.
BTW - there is also a ship-ton of power at ALL seats at ALL times, try that with most other brands....

There's more questions from me contained in that BS video. But I can't even get an answer to that one.

Here's another. By putting the manifold (the noisiest part of any tub) inside the vessel closer to your ears in the form of a "jet pac"would that not make it noisier closer to your ears?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 09:39:49 pm »

There's more questions from me contained in that BS video. But I can't even get an answer to that one.

Here's another. By putting the manifold (the noisiest part of any tub) inside the vessel closer to your ears in the form of a "jet pac"would that not make it noisier closer to your ears?

You truly have no clue about bullfrog spa's!  You think you do being a plumber and all, but you really don't.     

castletonia

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 09:56:33 pm »
Marquis makes a very good product, especially their Signature series.  In my opinion you are looking at the 3 best manufacturers.  Research your dealer because they can be as important as the spa you choose.  Then try out some spas and get whats best for you. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 11:24:27 pm »

You truly have no clue about bullfrog spa's!  You think you do being a plumber and all, but you really don't.   

Educate me. Tell me how less plumbing relates to a better feel? Better longevity? Better efficiency?

I will give you this, less chance for a leak. But if 98% of the leaks I fix are in the equipment bay, how much has bf improved that for this dumb plumber?

I have no clue.

If a loaf of bread is sliced in two different directions it tastes the same.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:44:45 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

pinhead

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 07:46:56 am »
I have a neck blaster pack which makes a lot of surface water noise, if the waterfall is on the sound level is higher yet. No unusual sounds other than relaxing water noise.
I normally watch baseball or hockey with the sound off while soaking.
I get what  you're saying about advertising but all brands do it to pump features like salt systems, inline feeders and magic bubbles. BF attaches a 90% claim on theirs and they probably should not as it implies specific comparisons between 2 spas without definition of the spas.
I doubt that the less plumbing affects the feel or longevity but it definitely effects efficiency as the 2 pumps blow a bunch of water out of the 98 jets simultaneously.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:15 am »
I have a neck blaster pack which makes a lot of surface water noise, if the waterfall is on the sound level is higher yet. No unusual sounds other than relaxing water noise.
I get what  you're saying about advertising but all brands do it to pump features like salt systems, inline feeders and magic bubbles. BF attaches a 90% claim on theirs and they probably should not as it implies specific comparisons between 2 spas without definition of the spas.
I doubt that the less plumbing affects the feel or longevity but it definitely effects efficiency as the 2 pumps blow a bunch of water out of the 98 jets simultaneously.

And I don't hold bias to any brand that uses BS to sell tubs. All manufacturers do it. As I've said before BF does not hold an exclusive to BS sales practices and I have called plenty of others out over the years.

Just seems like BF is the latest manufacturer to bomb the PUBLIC boards with videos and bull about how there knife makes the bread taste better.

No diverter valves, full power at all the jets. If you wanted to break this down you could say by putting a diverter on each jet pac you are actually increasing the chance of a problem with a diverter, or putting stress on the pumps that will reduce their longevity. Even though we all are smart enough to figure out that if you divert water to one jet pac then divert to another hooked to the same pump. The water flow WILL be reduced, unless there is a pump for each pac.

All I am saying, and I have warned BF sales before. If I see this or any BS video from BF or any manufacturer used to try and sell tubs on a public forum that has UNBIASED semi educated people as members also, I will call it out. Every time.

Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2017, 10:43:13 am »

And I don't hold bias to any brand that uses BS to sell tubs. All manufacturers do it. As I've said before BF does not hold an exclusive to BS sales practices and I have called plenty of others out over the years.

Just seems like BF is the latest manufacturer to bomb the PUBLIC boards with videos and bull about how there knife makes the bread taste better.

No diverter valves, full power at all the jets. If you wanted to break this down you could say by putting a diverter on each jet pac you are actually increasing the chance of a problem with a diverter, or putting stress on the pumps that will reduce their longevity. Even though we all are smart enough to figure out that if you divert water to one jet pac then divert to another hooked to the same pump. The water flow WILL be reduced, unless there is a pump for each pac.

All I am saying, and I have warned BF sales before. If I see this or any BS video from BF or any manufacturer used to try and sell tubs on a public forum that has UNBIASED semi educated people as members also, I will call it out. Every time.

And I am sure that will have a huge impact on Bullfrogs sales numbers.    ::)

d00nut

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2017, 11:39:43 am »
I know there is all this debate regarding the brands.  I like both Hot Spring and BF, and have the privilege of selling both.

In the last 2-3 years of doing so, I can say the warranty redemption rate of either brand is roughly around 2-3% in my store.  They are both relatively easy for us to deal with, although Bullfrog is less organized and pays worse for warranty reimbursements, but a good dealer should easily cover up those issues.

One brand isn't better than the other, it does come down to personal preference and dealer support.  No comment on Marquis, my experience is very limited with them.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 01:21:22 pm »
I know there is all this debate regarding the brands.  I like both Hot Spring and BF, and have the privilege of selling both.

I don't sell them but also like both brands.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2017, 01:21:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42