What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spirit vs. Bullfrog AL5  (Read 29742 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Marquis Spirit vs. Bullfrog AL5
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:21 am »
 actual experience?

dporter22

Tman122
Ultimate Member

Intelligent people will recognize this.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2015, 12:26:21 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2015, 06:24:28 am »
I never wet tested a BF though.

Potential buyers I hope won't also be influenced by advertising. And will test the feel of any potential purchase themselves. The feel of a tub has absolutely nothing to do with how it's plumbed. The big players in the industry work hard on how a tub "feels". To much flow and it's unpleasant. Not enough and it's also unpleasant. No one can say BF is better or worse. Some here like to say I am saying it's worse which is simply not true. But most will recognize that. And hopefully most will also recognize that I AM NOT blinded by the BF advertising like some here. But that's easy to spot.
Retired

av8r

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2015, 07:22:00 am »
actual experience?

dporter22

Tman122
Ultimate Member

Post count equates to experience?   :o

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2015, 09:20:09 am »
15-20 different manufacturers tubs owned over the years and likely 30-40 different tubs ranging from 2-3 years old to 20-25 years old. Disposed of close to 100 tubs. Repaired several hundreds of different tubs. Licensed plumber for 30 years. Still repair part time for select customers out of warranty tubs. Still maintain a relationship with 4-5 local dealerships.

Does that qualify as experience?
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

av8r

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2015, 11:42:21 am »
15-20 different manufacturers tubs owned over the years and likely 30-40 different tubs ranging from 2-3 years old to 20-25 years old. Disposed of close to 100 tubs. Repaired several hundreds of different tubs. Licensed plumber for 30 years. Still repair part time for select customers out of warranty tubs. Still maintain a relationship with 4-5 local dealerships.

A lot better than post count!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2015, 11:48:10 am »

A lot better than post count!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey what's wrong with post count!

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2015, 11:49:48 am »

That checks the boxes!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2015, 07:12:34 pm »
Post count...........LOL Mr. 5000
Retired

Hottubprosne

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2015, 05:30:55 pm »
It still makes me laugh:) Thanks for the stress relief. Tman you are right that bullfrogs are not for everyone and i don't think any one reputable is saying that. There are many hot tubs that are just as good. What feels good to one might not to another. Your catching so much flack because you have only a cursory knowledge of bullfrogs and try to act an expert. If someone wants to yap about Artic or D1 or Lazyboy I will keep my mouth shut because I've never worked on one and have zero experience with them. If you have any real questions about bullfrog then ask. My wife keeps saying i know everything. I might be taking that out of context though.  :P

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2015, 06:34:42 pm »
It still makes me laugh:) Thanks for the stress relief. Tman you are right that bullfrogs are not for everyone and i don't think any one reputable is saying that. There are many hot tubs that are just as good. What feels good to one might not to another. Your catching so much flack because you have only a cursory knowledge of bullfrogs and try to act an expert. If someone wants to yap about Artic or D1 or Lazyboy I will keep my mouth shut because I've never worked on one and have zero experience with them. If you have any real questions about bullfrog then ask. My wife keeps saying i know everything. I might be taking that out of context though.  :P

Knowledge or not if you put one in front of me I could take it apart and put it back together faster than most. It's not rocket science. Somehow I feel I just insulted myself?
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2015, 08:47:22 pm »
actual experience?

dporter22

Tman122
Ultimate Member

yes it does...look at Jacuzzi Jim, he has 2800+ posts and still doesn't know what he's doing

8) 8) 8) J/K Jim, I'll buy you a beer if you make it to the trade show in Vegas

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2015, 09:42:44 pm »
actual experience?

dporter22

Tman122
Ultimate Member

yes it does...look at Jacuzzi Jim, he has 2800+ posts and still doesn't know what he's doing

8) 8) 8) J/K Jim, I'll buy you a beer if you make it to the trade show in Vegas

LOL!    It's why I don't want to change from Jacuzzi Jim I'd lose all my post counts.   8)  Doubt Vegas will happen, been pushing for it but it's also our crazy time for fireplace and stove sales here in the PNW.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2015, 09:42:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42