What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spirit vs. Bullfrog AL5  (Read 29743 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Marquis Spirit vs. Bullfrog AL5
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »
Tman, it's good to see your opinion comes from a thorough review and understanding of the design.

OK, you give it a shot. Whats inside a jet pac?

Just as I thought you don't know.   ::)   You can drop the Kool-Aid chit as well, you should know by now I have always bucked the system.   You can call it what ever you want, and I am not claiming it to be the next best thing to sliced bread.  If you don't know how it works, how can you claim it doesn't?     

Give it a rest.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »

dporter22

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 11:06:26 pm »
You have to be careful around Tman, he doesn't like it when you state facts about BF spas.  Even when someone on this very thread explained that he can only have upper or lower body jets but not at the same time with his Spirit, Tman still can't understand the concept that in a BF you can have ALL the jets on at EVERY seat simultaneously.  And he'll go ballistic when you try to explain that BF spas don't have traditional diverters and every person can have strong power at their seat.

If you're looking for info about a spa, listen to actual owners rather someone like Tman who has demonstrated his ignorance.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 06:42:58 am »
You have to be careful around Tman, he doesn't like it when you state facts about BF spas. 

dporter, which facts are you talking about? The one where someone said "90% less plumbing than the other spas"? Or the one where someone said you "get full power at every jet pac"? Or the one where someone said their are no diverters?

I hope the people here looking at BF don't consider any of these facts into their buying decision because I hate to break it to you but, NONE OF THEM ARE FACTS.

LOL and I'm the one uneducated.

Come on guys, give me something that says these "facts" are, well facts instead of marketing.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:45:52 am by Tman122 »
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 06:52:56 am »
Tman, it's good to see your opinion comes from a thorough review and understanding of the design.

OK, you give it a shot. Whats inside a jet pac?

Just as I thought you don't know.   ::)   You can drop the Kool-Aid chit as well, you should know by now I have always bucked the system.   You can call it what ever you want, and I am not claiming it to be the next best thing to sliced bread.  If you don't know how it works, how can you claim it doesn't?     

Give it a rest.

I'm here to learn, what's inside a jet pac?

I never said it didn't work. I said it is not better as claimed by owners and sellers. I see some of you are coming down a bit. But your making me the bad guy in the process by saying I don't know what I am talking about.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 07:00:17 am »
You have to be careful around Tman, he doesn't like it when you state facts about BF spas.  Even when someone on this very thread explained that he can only have upper or lower body jets but not at the same time with his Spirit, Tman still can't understand the concept that in a BF you can have ALL the jets on at EVERY seat simultaneously.  And he'll go ballistic when you try to explain that BF spas don't have traditional diverters and every person can have strong power at their seat.

If you're looking for info about a spa, listen to actual owners rather someone like Tman who has demonstrated his ignorance.

Every tub I ever owner (15-20) you could have all the jets on at the same time and none were BF.

Actual owners are likely going to justify their purchase decision by stating the same un-truths as the dealer. It's not their fault.

Oh and if I want more power at a particular pac in a BF do I have to turn off the diverters for other pacs?

Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 07:02:50 am »
The voice of reason is always the hardest to hear.
Retired

av8r

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 08:07:13 am »
The voice of reason is always the hardest to hear.

dporter22

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »

Every tub I ever owner (15-20) you could have all the jets on at the same time and none were BF.

Actual owners are likely going to justify their purchase decision by stating the same un-truths as the dealer. It's not their fault.

Oh and if I want more power at a particular pac in a BF do I have to turn off the diverters for other pacs?

You didn't understand any of my previous explanations so I'm not going to try again.  Anyone reading posts on this website  about how a BF works can easily go down to the shop and verify everything I've/we've said.  And to answer your last question once again, no, if I want more power at a particular seat I don't have to turn the others down because all the seats start at max power and you turn them down from there to your individual liking.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »
You didn't understand any of my previous explanations so I'm not going to try again.  Anyone reading posts on this website  about how a BF works can easily go down to the shop and verify everything I've/we've said.  And to answer your last question once again, no, if I want more power at a particular seat I don't have to turn the others down because all the seats start at max power and you turn them down from there to your individual liking.

deporter22, OK so I'm not understanding, I apologize. This is a public board, educate me just like any other potential buyer. So the "max power" you talk about, and I am quoting you, is all you get? If you turn off all the jet pacs except one it won't have any higher pressure/flow in the one pac left on? It will still be the same pressure/flow from the one remaining pac on? If that's the case where does the pressure/flow go to that would of normally gone to the other pacs? As a plumber that type of pump restriction, if that's the case, will severely affect pump longevity. Or does the pressure/flow change as you open or close valves? In other words if there's one jet pac on it's xxx amount of flow from one pac. Two pacs on xx amount of flow from 2 pacs. Three pacs on x amount of flow at 3 pacs. While we are at it can one of you BF sales guys chime in on the GPM of the pumps used by BF. Is it a Waterway? I didn't look that close.

We will take this one question at a time so I understand. I'm an up north redneck. Start with the "full pressure at all pacs" Because I am not getting the answers or maybe just not seeing them. You owners and dealers are the pro's. I'm the ignorant one.

I'm asking for help to understand the claims or "facts" to quote you again.
Retired

av8r

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2015, 09:09:41 pm »

deporter22, OK so I'm not understanding, I apologize.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2015, 09:22:12 pm »
AV8R you do realize what dporter is saying is impossible don't you. No question bullfrog makes a great tub but it's no better then many other brands out there. It comes down to what brand fits you best. If I want leg and foot jets I probably wouldn't buy a bullfrog. If I want multiple level seating I wouldn't buy a bullfrog. If all I cared about was getting equal pressure at all seats maybe I would buy a bullfrog. They do things different then The rest and that works for them but for some of you guys who just bought these tubs to come on here and say that everything else is old design or dated is absurd. All the top manufacturers have big budgets for research and design and always are making improvements to their lines.  5 years ago bullfrog wasn't known as a very good tub just different  and I wonder what exactly they have done differently to all of a sudden be regarded as one of the top manufacturers out there. Other then working on a few older ones, having there reps come in and see me and checking them out at some trade shows I don't have a ton of experience with them. That being said I think they are a neat concept

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2015, 09:51:55 pm »
 I know what dporter is saying is wrong. And I need to clarify that each jet pac does have a diverter, when I mention no diverter, I mean a conventional type that's in most spas.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »
  5 years ago bullfrog wasn't known as a very good tub just different  and I wonder what exactly they have done differently to all of a sudden be regarded as one of the top manufacturers out there.

One thing is for sure. They learned how to market their product. But it is close to bordering on all out deceit. And lots are getting fooled by it.

From what I saw in my evaluation. It is as is was before a nice tub. IMO there are nicer tubs out there. Those who claim better because of the marketing should really step back.

Arctic made the same mistake years ago with a bunch of twisted words.
Retired

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2015, 09:55:22 pm »
That being said I think they are a neat concept

I do to. If someone wants a particular feel from a particular seat they can customize that seat.

Advantage BF

Give up on the rest.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 10:57:03 am »
That being said I think they are a neat concept

I do to. If someone wants a particular feel from a particular seat they can customize that seat.

Advantage BF

Give up on the rest.

So you give up on the fact that they have way less plumbing than any spa on the market, 90% or not which is debatable?  Less fittings, less traditional type manifolds and less likely to leak?  Which would also lead to better efficiency of water flow and less heat loss via the lack of plumbing through out the spa.

That's a lot to just give a rest on. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:38:28 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2015, 10:57:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42