What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does Marquis Microsilk work?  (Read 35259 times)

Chartreux

Does Marquis Microsilk work?
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »
So does the Marquis microsilk technology really work and make your sink feel soft? Is it worth looking into? Please share your opinions on this issue.
If you owned a hot springs would you go with a marquis to try the microsilk? also, would it add in slipping and sliding more after your spa time while your getting out?

Hot Tub Forum

Does Marquis Microsilk work?
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »

Chartreux

Re: Does Marquis Microsilk work?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23:05 pm »
anyone here try the microsilk system on any of the marquis spas? Please...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:49 am »
First off I'm a dealer...When I first heard about it I thought it was a gimmick. Then I ordered a euphoria and a spirit with it installed. I went in the euphoria every day for about a week straight and there was a noticeable difference in how my skin felt. I have very dry skin and it really helps with that. I have sold 6-7 tubs with this feTure since it came out and everybody set msrp really like the feature

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 12:37:41 am »
I was a bit skeptical at first, but it really does seem to work.  I have soaked in a Marquis Microsilk spa 3 times now and it makes the water feel very soft, as if someone poured some lotion in to the water.  After you get out it leaves your skin silky smooth.  I would definitely recommend it.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:07:24 am »
There's another thread on here which discusses it a bit more.  I was heavily considering it until I learned the cost. Pretty much a $1,000 upgrade.

doodle

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 08:25:59 am »
It's a pricy upgrade for sure, but I tell you now that I own my Spirit -- if it was able to be added after market I'd be ordering it.   We pay lots of money for the bells and whistles like lights and waterfalls, but this one actually has a physical benefit.   Of course, I'm a girl so perhaps I'm biased on the soft skin thing -- I spend all kinds of money on moisturizers and makeup and such.  ;D

I don't have it, so I'm not commenting on whether it actually works. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 09:15:52 am »
There's another thread on here which discusses it a bit more.  I was heavily considering it until I learned the cost. Pretty much a $1,000 upgrade.

More then that, closer to a $2000 upgrade

Chartreux

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 09:53:51 am »
Thank You for the replies! It helps to know it's not a gimmicky thing added on.

Hottubguy what's the Spirit priced with the microsilk added onto it (without a sound system)?

clover

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 11:33:14 am »
....microsilk technology really work and make your sink feel soft? Is it worth looking into? Please share your opinions on this issue.
Other manufactures have included it in their line up as well.  Artesian also has adapted it to a couple of specific models.  While some may consider it pricey, so are hot tubs, but this feature has a lot to offer once it is experienced and understood.

Hot Tubs are guy things that women reluctantly use infrequently.  This could open markets for many, and expands hot tub sales with a meaningful application.  Once you understand what is in the system itself, it is worthy of consideration.  After all, how long are you going to own your hot tub.  This is a women feature that the guys are very much surprised about.  It is guaranteed to put a smile on your face, who knows, you could even get lucky more often.

As it becomes known, those that try it buy it.  It will come later to those who chose not to buy it as a must when they purchase their next hot tub 10 years down the road, but who know how this idea will expand.

Consider psoriasis, eczema, chronic dry skin, shingles, and then consider the theraputic aspects of just the hot water.  It is a win, win situation.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Quickbeam

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
Does anyone know what it actually is and how it works? Is it a process, an additive, etc, etc?

chem geek

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 10:38:06 pm »
It's a process and was not created by Marquis but by Jason Hydrotherapy and it is described in this link.  It's basically a pump that puts compressed air into the water and then breaks up the bubbles into very tiny ones as the air expands.  The bubbles are claimed to be negatively charged and that can be created by an air ionizer (usually via corona discharge -- yes, similar to creating ozone) but they don't describe using that.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:41:14 pm by chem geek »

Quickbeam

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 11:40:43 pm »
Thanks Chem Geek.

I took a look at the link you included, and under the "FAQ" section I found the following question and answer:

"If I order a combination bath, can I run both at the same time?
Yes; however, the cleansing effects of MicroSilk will be diminished when operated simultaneously with a Whirlpool or AirMasseur hydrotherapy."

That would seem to suggest that the process would not be as effective if you were running the jets in your tub. Not sure I would want to pay an extra $1,000 or $2,000 for a process that was diminished when the jets were on.

chem geek

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 04:42:59 am »
Yes, the small bubbles will get swept up by the larger ones and will get removed too quickly.  The idea is to have the small bubbles stay in the water and you to be immersed in them.  If you like using jets, then that's not compatible with this system, at least not at the same time.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 10:55:38 am »
Thank You for the replies! It helps to know it's not a gimmicky thing added on.

Hottubguy what's the Spirit priced with the microsilk added onto it (without a sound system)?

Somewhere in the 9's.  I sell it at my store for $9,499

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 10:58:12 am »
Yes, the small bubbles will get swept up by the larger ones and will get removed too quickly.  The idea is to have the small bubbles stay in the water and you to be immersed in them.  If you like using jets, then that's not compatible with this system, at least not at the same time.

Correct.  As soon as you turn the Jet pump on the microsilk pump kicks off.  I like to use the microsilk for about a half hour then another half hour with the jet pumps going

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 10:58:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42