What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Our new Bullfrog R6L  (Read 27701 times)

meriflower

Our new Bullfrog R6L
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »
Well got our new spa up and running yesterday despite the cold!  It is a big improvement over our old one in terms of therapy (our opinion) - and we have already moved the jetpaks around, very simple.  Here are some pics - it is in our garage, not the most picturesque setting but it beats traipsing out in the cold & snow.

Hot Tub Forum

Our new Bullfrog R6L
« on: January 09, 2014, 12:56:36 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Our new Bullfrog R6L
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:57:03 pm »
  Nooks nice!   Congrats. 

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:23:30 pm »
Thank you Jacuzzi Jim!  :)

Nazz26

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »
Nice looking spa.  Enjoy. 

brillskill

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 02:00:52 pm »
ENJOY!

meriflower

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 02:48:07 pm »
Thank you Nazz26 and brillskill.   :)

I should have mentioned in my original post that the R6L comes with 3 spots for jetpaks.  The jetpak I have pictured is the neck blaster.  The other two we have is the oscillator and for gentle therapy, rain shower.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 09:35:33 pm »
That does look very nice. I hope you're enjoying it.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Pers Onal

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 07:40:42 pm »
Thank you Nazz26 and brillskill.   :)

I should have mentioned in my original post that the R6L comes with 3 spots for jetpaks.  The jetpak I have pictured is the neck blaster.  The other two we have is the oscillator and for gentle therapy, rain shower.

I have wondered about the variety of jetpaks, they sure have enough to choose from.

My current spa is  "5 seat" which really means 3, maybe four people comfortably, and I'm thinking we will go to just a two person (usually called a 3 person) spa.

In thirteen years, I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times we have had more than two people in it.

I'm even considering the R5L which only comes with two places for jetpacs. I'm thinking it comes with two specific ones and if you want nicer ones there will be an upgrade charge. I don't really care about the various added amenities and all we are going to be using will be two jetpacks at a time. So, if we can pick the right jetpacks that will be important.

Were you able to wet test a variety of jetpacks? The dealer closest to me, I can wet test one of the larger spas and dry test an A5L.

meriflower

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:41:53 pm »
Hi Pers Onal - We're the same, it's just the two of us so we didn't want/need a big spa.  We originally were going to get the R5L and dry tested that model.  We ended up getting the next in line, the R6L, as we got a good price on it (last year (2013) and a floor model).  We are happy that we did, it's not huge but not too small and the both of us can move around with ease.  You are able to chose what jetpaks you want - our dealer didn't have all the jetpaks but we were able to wet test 6 or 7.  So if you do decide on Bullfrog you can pick the jetpaks you want - no upgrade or additional costs.  Also Bullfrog on their website they have what they call "SpaDesign" and allows you to select which model, colors, and jetpaks.  It was hard to choose but I am very happy with the three we have.  We do plan on getting more jetpaks in the future, all jetpaks are priced the same. 

Spoiledrotten - Thank you - we are loving it!   :)

brillskill

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »
aprox how much to jet packs cost?..easy to change?

meriflower

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »
aprox how much to jet packs cost?..easy to change?

Cost for jetpaks is around $400.  I don't know if this price changes depending on where a person lives.  Very easy to change! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hpaxm_c9fE

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 11:45:56 am »
Congrats!  I am just getting back online after surgery. I'll look forward to hearing about this tub in the coming months.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

meriflower

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 01:39:32 pm »
Thank you Bill.  Will keep people posted!

meriflower

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:39 pm »
Hi Grandee - I used Photobucket to upload my pics.  Once your pics have uploaded, you click on the pic you want.  On the right will be a box that says "Links to Share this Photo", click on the IMG option and it will say copied.  Then come here, open your post, paste, and that should do it!  I use a MAC.

Going on week three on our Bullfrog, using it everyday, and so far has been performing flawlessly.  No issues with controls,lights, and operations, no issues with water.  Most of all, therapy provided fabulous! Water is maintaining temperature with no problem in the frigid temps of MN.  Very happy in spatopia!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:42:27 am by meriflower »

meriflower

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 09:42:38 am »
One month up and running and I have changed around the jetpaks more than I thought I would.  Here are some night shots.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 09:42:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42