What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sick of all the sales pitch!!!!!  (Read 10506 times)

saz

sick of all the sales pitch!!!!!
« on: June 06, 2004, 02:18:26 pm »
PLEASE help!!!!!!!! My hubby and I are looking for a hot tub...approx £8-9000.00 to spend, (tubs are a wee bit more expensive over here!!), and have been looking at the Marquis euphoria, the everyday 636 and the Beachcomber 730.  The main reason for getting one of these is that Stevie (that's the hubby!!) has a lower back injury (he's only 28!), and we thought that maybe he would benefit from hydrotherapy, but seem to have got a bit lost with all the sales jargon!!!  Basically, we would like your thoughts and comments please. We have no children, and most times there will only be the two of us in the tub. He's 6ft 5, with a 56' chest (whew, yes, big man I hear you say!!lol), whereas I'm 5ft 3' so we want something that will be able to help Stevie with his back, without drowning me in the process!!!!!!! We dont have a vast amount of dealers in the area, so wet testing isnt always an option. Anyway, I found this website and thought it was fantastic, so please help, if you can !!! Thx, saz.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 02:25:38 pm by saz »

Hot Tub Forum

sick of all the sales pitch!!!!!
« on: June 06, 2004, 02:18:26 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: sick of all the sales pitch!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 05:30:47 pm »
Hi saz and thanks for posting.

With the obvious difference in sizes, your tub purchase is critical in addressing this.
The #730 is a great tub but most of the seating in it is very deep. It's also pretty big. Have you looked at the #720?

Marquis is also a great tub and either way, you'll do very well.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 05:35:15 pm by Steve »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 06:06:52 pm »
Hi....

The Marquis Euphoria you are are looking at has several different seat heights I think there is a mix of seats on there that would work for the both of you...Both the Marquis as well as the beachcomber you looking at are fine tubs...try them both to see what is best for you...

Jay_Suede

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 08:46:41 pm »
What pricing are you being quoted on the Marquis Euphoria?  

saz

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 08:51:03 am »
thanx for the info people...I'll have a look at the 720 too.  As for prices on the euphoria, I'm being quoted about £9000.......why, is this not a good price?
am I right in thinking that hydrotherapy WOULD benefit Stevie's back, and if so, any idea on what kind of jets and stuff we should be looking for,?
also, no comments on the 636 yet?????? is this a case of silence speaks volumes, or silence is golden ?!?!?lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:57:14 am by saz »

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 05:43:36 pm »
Hydro therapy will help your husband's back, but don't assume that the only benefit to his back is having water blasted at it! Soaking in the tub with no jets on can be very good as well. Therefore, don't purchase merely on jet size or power. That being said, Master Spas offer good and powerful jets with a good product. I'm not entirely thrilled with the neck jet collars (they make you feel a little trapped.) Between Marquis and Beechcomber that would be a no brainer for me. Beechcomber all the way! The Marquis looks like a much cheaper build and when I (I stress I) wet tested them, Beechcomber was a much better product! Good luck!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 06:15:38 pm »
An excellent post by Drifter.

Often power and therapy are misunderstood. They are in no way similar and one has nothing to do with the other.

Having the ability to move the existing jets around in the spa is far more beneficial to the end user. You will find jets that spin, pulsate and most are varying in power and feel. Beachcomber gives you the ability to do this as some other brands do as well.

80% of the therapy will come from heat & buoyancy. Don't get oversold in huge numbers of jets and enough horsepower to run a dragster. ;)

Steve

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 06:34:58 pm »
Exactly why it's not that big of a deal to have a diverter.
In our Optima, if you have the main therapy seat on full blast, you feel like you'll get launched across the tub.
I almost never have any seat on full blast.  Just too intense for me.  To each their own, of course.
Brewman
Brewman

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 10:59:21 pm »
I would also suggest the Hot Springs Vanguard/Grandee, if it is available.  

I wet tested the Marquis Reward (looking for Euphoria), Hot Springs Grandee, and the Sundance Optima.

The tub is a bit deeper (38 inches versus 35) and the seats are more bench than bucket. For the larger person, that may make a difference.  

« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 12:09:32 am by Shut_Down_Stranger »

saz

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 03:41:06 am »
thanx v much all ......I'll try that........anyone got any feelings on a company called 'spa-form'????
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 08:51:46 am by saz »

Gerrym

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 04:04:03 am »
Saz, as you know, I am also in the U.K.

For your guide, we have just purchased a Hotspring Envoy. I believe it retails at approx. £9500. We managed to get it for £7900 direct from Hotspring UK (with steps, cover, cover lifter, delivery and chemical pack).

Cheers

Gerry

saz

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 11:57:34 am »
Thanx for this Gerry,
we're wet-testing a Marquis Reward tomorrow,and a spa-form prestige 50 and grand canyon on Sunday - a fun weekend for all!!lol   I'll let you know the outcome.

Stoopid question No.1 - you got yours direct from hotspring??  want to give me a bit more info on that cos I didnt realise you could do that! I think that that's a pretty good price, especially with all the extras too.
thanx
saz
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 11:59:18 am by saz »

saz

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 12:03:54 pm »
by the way, which colour did you pick?
saz

Gerrym

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 12:22:25 pm »
Hi SazNStevie, the only way you can buy a Hotspring here is direct from Hotspring, they have about 6 branches, but no other dealer is allowed to sell them in the UK (www.hotspring.co.uk). The price we got was because I told them that they were charging nearly double what the Americans could get them for. I told them that I understood that they had to ship it here and support it but I was not willing to pay double and they would have to come to a sensible price. My choice if they had not reduced would have been the Marquis as I think this was about £7,500.

Hope that helps!

We chose the blue, we loved the pearl but saw another make that had not been maintained well and it seemed to show dirt/grime too easily. We felt the blue would better mask this or scratches or any other kind of damage.

saz

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 04:13:57 pm »
cheers gerry
have found a dealer about 60/70 miles away from us in Harrogate (we live in County Durham). Guess who's going to Yorkshire tomorrow!!!!
saznstevie ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 04:13:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42