What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sick of all the sales pitch!!!!!  (Read 10507 times)

Gerrym

Re: sick of all the sales pitch!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 04:18:02 pm »
Good luck, have a fun/wet weekend!!

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Gerry

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 04:18:02 pm »

saz

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 03:23:42 pm »
well guys and gals, ('specially Gerry and Keeley ;D)

We'd just like to say thanx for all the good advice you've given us over buying a hot tub. We went out today and managed to wet test 5 tubs!!!!  We went to the Hotspring dealer in Harrogate UK, and the sales person was very helpful. They have a fantastic set-up there, and we were impressed with both their professionalism, and the lack of hassle they gave us......they were quite happy for us to walk in off the street, wet-test 4 tubs,and  then walk out with a price list without giving us any heavy sales patter. We wet-tested the hotspring envoy, the vanguard, the hotspa mallorca and the caldera niagara  Loved the envoy, not too keen on the vanguard - didnt really like the 'bench' style seating........wasnt keen on the niagara either - stevie felt as though he was 'locked' into the seat where the neck collar comes round, and quite liked the mallorca too - considering it's normally just gonna be the two of us, a pretty decent little tub.....However, that was before we went to the Marquis Spa dealer  (Grand Rapids) in Cramlington, near Newcastle.  Again, EXTREMELY helpful, no hassle, and a very professional outfit.  Wet- tested the Reward there .... dealer had a bottle of wine chilled and waiting for us, (he was onto an immediate winner in my eyes there!!lol). We got in , and it was just ABSOLUTE BLISS!!!!!  All I can say is that you just KNOW when you get into a tub if it's right for you or not. Dealer was extremely knowledgeable about everything (what we know about tubbing you could fit on the head of the pin, with room for War and Peace!!!), but didnt talk down to us as if we knew nothing. ( I have actually had this experience from another dealer,and lets just say he wasnt talking in a deep voice when I left the showroom!!!LOL)
I just cannot say how fabulous this tub was!!!!  Dealer left us in the showroom to just kick back and enjoy the tub, and WOW, how fast does and hour and a half go by when you're in a tub ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? Dont know if we should be naming names and areas and all that, but what the hell - it's all information isnt it!!
We were going to go and wet-test a couple of Spa-forms' tomorrow, but have decided not to bother...Reward is definately the tub for us!!!
many thanx again all
saz n stevie :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 03:36:27 pm by saz »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 04:05:42 pm »
Congrats, sazNstevie!!!

From what I understand from reading others remarks, sounds like you made a terrific decision!!!

May you always have hot, bubbly water!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 03:09:49 pm »
Congatulations....It is really good to hear that you were treated well by more more than one dealer....I am a big Marquis fan...I hope it will give you many years of its soothing pleasures....enjoy.... :D

Gerrym

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 02:19:42 am »
SaznStevie, glad you found the right tub for you.

Fun wet testing isn't it? !!

How long do you have to wait now? (cos believe me, that's the worst part!!)

G K

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2004, 09:31:08 am »
well guys and gals, ('specially Gerry and Keeley ;D)

Wet- tested the Reward there .... dealer had a bottle of wine chilled and waiting for us, (he was onto an immediate winner in my eyes there!!lol). We got in , and it was just ABSOLUTE BLISS!!!!!  /quote]

Wine with your soak. What a concept huh! Our dealer invited us after sales hours to enjoy our future optima with our favotrite bottle of wine.  OOOOOH YEAH!

Congratulations on your purchase.

saz

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 07:13:14 am »
well, we now have the difficult decisions of which shell colour to pick, which outside wood colour to pick, and which cover colour to pick!!! Decisions decisions!!lol  Personally, REALLY liked the pearl interior, with the driftwood outside, and the charcoal cover, but we're also leaning towards the sahara/sand (can't rememeber name exactly!) interior, with the beech wood, and the wildwood cover!!!. Oh, the quandry!!!lol
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 07:14:04 am by saz »

Pooldevil

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2004, 07:40:17 am »
Hi Saz
I have been in the pool / spa industry for over 30 years and seen things come and go ....
Take my advise and stick to you first thought of buying a Marquis Euphoria ... it really is a very special tub and has the added advantage of their trizone jetting system ... which will assist with your massage requirements.
Visit our web site at : www.marquis-spas-sussex.co.uk
I can't sell to you as you are out of our area ... but enjoy your new tub .....

saz

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 11:24:02 am »
Thanx for the advice, Pooldevil, but to be honest we decided we wanted a lounger....so the euphoria was out as it doesnt have one. I agree tho, it IS a lovely tub!!!

Rboehme

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 10:15:30 pm »
enjoy your new spa

saz

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 03:46:21 pm »
well, the day has arrived when we've FINALLY decided on shell colour/wood surround colour/etc......we've gone for the pearl white, with the beech surround, so now all that remains is for us to actually order it from our dealer!!! (You know, the little unimportant things!!lol) Anyway, you just KNOW that this is gonna be one of those cases when the dealer advised us about 4-6 weeks delivery which we were fine with at the time, but now that we've come to order it, next weekend is gonna be too long to wait!!! Ah well, good things come to those who wait I suppose!!!
Happy tubbing everyone!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 03:57:15 pm »
Anyway, you just KNOW that this is gonna be one of those cases when the dealer advised us about 4-6 weeks delivery which we were fine with at the time, but now that we've come to order it, next weekend is gonna be too long to wait!!! Ah well, good things come to those who wait I suppose!!!
Happy tubbing everyone!

Well, keep in mind the dealer is probably only giving you info the factory tells them, or is based on his experience with the dealer.  Things can change and deliveries can be pushed back.  Not to rain on your parade too much :)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

saz

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2004, 04:00:19 pm »
sorry, you misunderstand, what I meant was that while wet testing, we were ok about waiting as long as it took, but now that we're gonna order.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it like YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! Bu tI do understand that it's gonna take as long as it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2004, 06:16:09 pm »
That is a great looking color combo....If it were me I would be sure to get the water light system it looks great with the pearl.....enjoy..... ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 07:37:59 am »
sazNstevie,

The wait can be a little agonizing!  :-/

But just remember, it is WELL worth the wait.  And when you get in for that first soak, the wait will be over, and you can have hot, bubbly water for many years to come!!!

Enjoy!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 07:37:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42