What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: from beachcomber to cal spa???  (Read 11574 times)

beachman

from beachcomber to cal spa???
« on: June 14, 2004, 06:54:53 pm »
I've owned a 740 beachcomber hottub for 1 1/2 years now and i've been haveing jets pop out ever since i've gotten the thing. I 've also have a lot of blistering all over the cover. Iam now looking at getting a different spa. I've wet Tested,hotsprings,catalina,jacuzzi,sundance and now looking at cal spa, but haven't wet tested it yet. just wondering if any of you know about this spa.(or if i'll end up with another lemon)
I looked at the cal spa and looks like a well built tub and the water pressure from the jets is quite powerful which is something iam looking for.  any take on this tub!!?

Hot Tub Forum

from beachcomber to cal spa???
« on: June 14, 2004, 06:54:53 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: from beachcomber to cal spa???
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 07:01:31 pm »
Do a search on Cal Spa here and other sites. I think you may change your mind on them after doing so.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

beachman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 07:08:06 pm »
I would like to but the jets keep popping off....
I really don't think that there is a really good tub out there!! I think were all searching for something that doesn't exist!?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 07:14:46 pm »
if these 2 issues were resolved, how would you feel about the product you have currently?

beachman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 07:24:38 pm »
beachcomber has been in business for how long?? 20 years?? how can they be having jet problems now? this item should have been resolved along time ago..
There is nothing more embaressing than having your friends over in the tub knowing you spent 11000 on a tub that keeps popping off jets. also the really small jets I've had to replace afew times because they wont stay in place. if it wasn't for the jets and cover i would say beachcomber is a pretty good hottub. But when you think of a hottub, one of the most important items is the jets. its like getting a new car with an engine that doesn't work...... and when I have the jets on low speed some of the jets wont turn they get stuck??
and some well go and stop and then go again and stop.
so I have to ask beachcomber hey! whats going on here?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 07:36:16 pm »
These are not the same jets we used 26 years ago believe it or not.

Again, this issue was resolved and the new R4 jets work perfectly. Any of the jets you are having problems with should be replaced with these new ones. Problem fixed. The search for a new spa hopefully will be eliminated.

If I sound a little "short", it's because these are such minor issues. The idea of replacing the tub with a new one seems very shortsighted. I'm sorry that your dealer isn't looking after this as quick as you would like but that's why I gave you a direct number to Beachcomber if you are unhappy.

If you are displeased with the tub in general, then I could understand your feelings. I'm having a real hard time with this bcause that isn't the case.

Do what you feel is right. I've given you everything I can.

Steve

markb

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 07:40:35 pm »
A friend of mine owns a beachcomber and loves it. I know he did months worth of research and testing before his purchase. He says he's had no problems with his. We are going to go look at one maybe this weekend. The dealer is about an hour away.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't calspa the company that went BK a few years ago? Not trying to start a rumor but that's what I have heard here in N. Ca.

beachman

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 07:50:26 pm »
not sure, I did alot of research too and lots of wet testing. I went with beachcomber because of the comfort and was one of the best tubs for water pressure from the jets.  But I tell you, this jet problem is a real pain, I have forgotten how many trips i've made to return defective jets. I now also have to go to a different beachcomber store because the one were I bough the tub switched to dimention 1

RDF

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 08:08:24 pm »
I've had my 730 for about a year now. A few jets fell out so I returned them to the dealer. He gave me a box full of assorted jets and told me to replace any bad ones and keep the rest just in case, no problems ever since.
No blistering.. Anyway, I think that should be covered under your warranty..

OnMedic

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 10:56:05 pm »
Beachman

I am assuming you are in the GTA/Golden Horseshoe somewhere. The switch was made for $$$ reasons I beleive, and I am not sure but I would guess they are 100% committed to the Beachcomber customers after the switch.

Stick it out and find a dealer you have confidence in. Sounds like the problems you have had are now resloved and should be smooth sailing from here.

Pooldevil

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 10:59:50 am »
Hi Beachman
I know just where you are coming from !
As an ex Beachcomber dealer ... just think how we feel about all the problems !
Do what we did and change to "Marquis" ... the best move we ever made !

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 07:55:26 pm »
You guys are waaaay too dramatic for me. ::)

That's right my devilish friend... the grass is always greener on the other side.. ???
Let's jump ship... I mean the tub is falling apart right?  ;)

You guys... sheeesh...

Will you personally guarantee him Pooldevil that Marquis will never have any problems? Let me know that answer. Nevermind... I already know.

Steve
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 11:20:59 pm by Steve »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 08:05:16 pm »
Never mind
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:10:54 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

OnMedic

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 11:12:11 pm »
Beachman,

If your tub is really falling apart, will you give me a good price for it?

Lucas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 08:52:38 pm »
Take a look at marquis.  They're as close to perfect the way a tub should be.  IMOP.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 08:52:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42