What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: from beachcomber to cal spa???  (Read 11575 times)

Rboehme

Re: from beachcomber to cal spa???
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004, 09:31:19 pm »
The problems you mention are fairly minor in the spa industry. They are not exclusive to beachcomber.

There is not one manufacturer that has built a problem free spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004, 09:31:19 pm »

Jordy

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 11:32:51 pm »
I used to sell Beachcomber Hot Tubs. The jets popping out is quite a common problem and speaks to the quality control of the company that supplies the jets to Beachcomber, as Beachcomber does not manufacture the jets themselves (whose supplying them these days Steve?). It's not a huge problem, but it can be frustrating for the consumer, after all I'm sure you expected the Hot Tub to work the way Beachcomber said it would. Having said that, your local Beachcomber dealer really should be taking care of you better. If you are seriously interested in another Hot Tub, I would suggest you consider Jacuzzi Premium Spas, they seem to offer great value for the money.

Rboehme

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 09:22:38 pm »
I used to sell Beachcomber Hot Tubs. The jets popping out is quite a common problem and speaks to the quality control of the company that supplies the jets to Beachcomber, as Beachcomber does not manufacture the jets themselves (whose supplying them these days Steve?). It's not a huge problem, but it can be frustrating for the consumer, after all I'm sure you expected the Hot Tub to work the way Beachcomber said it would. Having said that, your local Beachcomber dealer really should be taking care of you better. If you are seriously interested in another Hot Tub, I would suggest you consider Jacuzzi Premium Spas, they seem to offer great value for the money.

In the years I have been in the industry I have seen many brands that had a problem with jets popping out. It is usually due to a problem in manufacturing that is not easily detectable. I.E. weak plastic, poor design, etc.. These problems affect many manufacturers because most manufacturers buy thier jets from the same few jet manufacturers.

beachman

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 09:16:04 pm »
I know that there is not one spa out there that's perfect.  But what would you call a spa that had
1. jets popping out constantly
2. filter lid cracked ( not covered, had to pay)
3. blistering cover
4. had an air leak from the air control valve

I tell ya, I felt like an idiot when i told people I payed
$10,000 bucks for this tub and these things are happening in the tub.
Customer service hmmm still waiting on them to come over and look at my cover so it can be replaced.  Once again I was told sometime this week..

When Life gives you lemons, Its time for a different tub.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 10:31:00 pm »
Talk to the customer service people at the manufacturer to help get the dealer to react. It can help quite a bit.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 10:44:30 pm »
I know that there is not one spa out there that's perfect.  But what would you call a spa that had
1. jets popping out constantly
2. filter lid cracked ( not covered, had to pay)
3. blistering cover
4. had an air leak from the air control valve

Well, I understand Beachcomber got some bad covers, but is ready, willing and able to take care of them. But since other people beside you are having trouble with them, it may take a couple of weeks of patience on your part to get it handled. You'll own this tub for many years, I bet you'll survive.

Filter lids are not meant to be used as seats. I'd be willing to bet yours didn't just crack all by itself. Am I right? Now, if you absolutely need to sit on the thing, take your new one to a boat place and have them fiberglass the back.

Jets popping out - go ask the dealer for some new ones - take the bad ones with you next time you go in to buy some supplies.

Air leak? I bet it was a minor issue, covered under the warranty. In that case, I bet you're glad you purchased from a big company like Beachcomber.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 10:44:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42